Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Rocket is looking for help...

Today on Facebook...

We are hiring Welders/Fabricators

Want to work for a great company with good pay, health insurance, benefits and paid holidays? This may be a position for you!
    The ideal candidates have welding school certification or on the job training w/minimum of 2 years MIG welding experience. Familiarity with race car fabrication and construction preferred.

Serious inquiries only. NO CALLS. Please email your resume to Steve Baker: steve@rocketchassis.com
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Si..........
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Must pay pretty well. Just about everybody that works there has a super late of their own to race.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Trump said "over the wall for you Vchild!", "Merica made, for merica drivers, for the merica fan's!", "Merica built, not Mexican built!" " this is dirt late model, not lowrider car show!".

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Must pay pretty well. Just about everybody that works there has a super late of their own to race.
    You sure they are getting paid pretty good or are they working for free to pay for thier supers樂

Unless they are getting paid $100k to $200k+/year plus benefits they aren't getting paid pretty well.
    I know many welders in the Pa, WVa, Md, and Ohio construction trades that are getting paid very well.

Well it does say a GREAT company but only GOOD pay. I would be looking for a great company with great pay!

Quote Originally Posted by ClampedUp View Post
    Unless they are getting paid $100k to $200k+/year plus benefits they aren't getting paid pretty well.
    I know many welders in the Pa, WVa, Md, and Ohio construction trades that are getting paid very well.
    If a welder is getting paid $50-$75k with benefits then I know at least 10 people who would quit their job immediately to work there. There is a plant full of welders not far from where I live where the starting pay is like $11/hr, it goes up quick but it would have to more than double to even get close to $50k and its a difficult place to get into even with welding experience. I don't think the majority of welders make even relatively close to $200k. In fact Glassdoor says the average salary for a welder in the United States is $36k for someone who works 40 hrs a week, and 90% of welders in the United States make less than $57k.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Didn't someone post here awhile back that these chassis places don't require anyone with experience???

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Didn't someone post here awhile back that these chassis places don't require anyone with experience???
    How many chassis shops have you been to? Rocket is the biggest in the biz. Go tell CJ Rayburn you want health insurance and 401k.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I know years ago CJ didn't pay salaries paid by the piece. Didn't matter if it was chassis or A arms or nose racks. Guys would come in and work 3 or 4 days in a row around the clock he had a room with bunks in it so guys could grab a nap. The guys would then take a couple of weeks off before coming back in and start again.

Quote Originally Posted by tsand View Post
    I know years ago CJ didn't pay salaries paid by the piece. Didn't matter if it was chassis or A arms or nose racks. Guys would come in and work 3 or 4 days in a row around the clock he had a room with bunks in it so guys could grab a nap. The guys would then take a couple of weeks off before coming back in and start again.
    Bloomers been telling everyone he gets late to the track because he's getting cars built for customers, and nobody believes him.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke100 View Post
    Bloomers been telling everyone he gets late to the track because he's getting cars built for customers, and nobody believes him.
    He says that but who is running his cars? Him and McDowell. Maybe one other "regional" guy???

Quote Originally Posted by ClampedUp View Post
    Yep. With the pipeline work as it is, that is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke100 View Post
    Haven’t heard that one time. It has always been him tinkering on his car and not leaving on time.

And they aren’t building customers cars, there are no customers.

He said in post race interview after winning one night this year at East Bay he probly spent too much time working on customer cars last year and that's why he was late showing up to events and he was hoping to fix that for this coming season.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    He says that but who is running his cars? Him and McDowell. Maybe one other "regional" guy???
    Gavin Landers and Brandon Kinzer are running em too. Davey J had one too, have no idea where that car is now.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Gavin wont be in his much longer
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Gavin Landers and Brandon Kinzer are running em too. Davey J had one too, have no idea where that car is now.
    I knew Landers had them but didn't include them because of the fact they won't be anymore.