Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up FALS/WoO Sprints

Not late model news but about as good.
    Fairbury Speedway has announced they have a date for 2018.
    Wednesday, May 30th. Mark your calendars.

Been waiting for this one for a long time
    8/13/16

This will be a "must see" for sure! The place will be packed.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

WOO sprints don’t do many 1/4 mile tracks should be interesting.

If the June 2017 POWRi National Midget/WAR 410 sprinter show and last months' Sprint Mania event are any indication then the WoO sprinters should be a big hit. As I stated in the FALS/WoO thread in the Sprint section, the WoO sprinters are at the very top of the dirt racing totem pole and Fairbury being able to schedule them legitimizes themselves as even more of a top notch venue.

I'm not that much of a wing fan so if FALS can get a USAC National Sprint Car and/or Midget show on the schedule they'd have all the top echelon dirt divisions covered and we'd be in 7th Heaven!!

Unfortunately for me, that is the same weekend as the Show-Me 100.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    Unfortunately for me, that is the same weekend as the Show-Me 100.
    Incorrect....Show Me 100 is May 24-26.

Thanks for straightening me out. You are correct.

Wednesday May 30th springtime in the Midwest I’m already predicting a 75 percent chance of rain.

The show in Haubstadt (Tri State speedway) is always a good one. Reserved tickets always sell out in the first day or two of going available.

Should be a good time at FALS. I like that they are adding sprints to some of their programs.

The FALS WoO show is scheduled against the second night of Indiana Midget Week.

I have seen the World of outlaws at I-55 10 second laps they never lifted in qualifying just dragged the brake a little. Very Impressive! I can't wait for this show!
    Race tracker-- RAIN and COLD "killing me smalls"

Quote Originally Posted by Vchild View Post
    Bloomington, In. used to have a good woo sprint show maybe still do... I bet falls will be a big success. Can't wait!
    Yes they did - ran there regularly in the 80's & 90"s and then a few years fairly recently with 2014 being the last if I recall correctly.

I wish FALS was about 5 hours closer for me. Made it to my first PDC this year and we will be back next year as well.

This will be a great show. I've been to FALS for the last two Prairie Dirt Classics and will be back again this year. I wish I lived a lot closer, but this place is my favorite track.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    I wish FALS was about 5 hours closer for me. Made it to my first PDC this year and we will be back next year as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Mudslinger View Post
    This will be a great show. I've been to FALS for the last two Prairie Dirt Classics and will be back again this year. I wish I lived a lot closer, but this place is my favorite track.
    What was it you liked, the atmosphere? I thought the last two PDCs racing wise were pretty dull.

Edit.....The 2017 Summernationals race was a rubbered up one lane freight train race, contrary to popular beliefs Fairbury isnt perfect.
    Last edited by ptown; 11-15-2017 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    What was it you liked, the atmosphere? I thought the last two PDCs racing wise were pretty dull.
    Did you watch anything other than the leader? Unzicker, Simpson, Feger, and others ran side by side for the lead for many laps. Eventually Sheppy ran away but the racing was still great, just didn't come down to a last lap pass like previous PDC's. The mods were exceptional, and the atmosphere was like no other. Hope to make it an annual trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Vchild View Post
    Don't see either track suffering.
    Probably not. Traditionally the midgets are at Gas City on the Wednesday night of Indiana Midget Week. If that holds true there will be little affect except for those few who are closer to Fairbury who generally would go to GC but want to see Schatz, Pittman, Sweet, Gravel and the rest of the boys at FALS. Luckily there isn't much driver crossover between the WoO Sprints and the USAC National Midgets. Darren Pittman is about the only WoO regular who races midgets and that's usually only at the Leffler Memorial, the Du Quoin indoor show and The Chili Bowl. Joey Saldana races the little cars once in a while but he isn't a WoO regular anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    The FALS WoO show is scheduled against the second night of Indiana Midget Week.
    Is this the World of Outlaws trying to stick it to USAC?

I doubt it, they both seem to coexist quite well. At least as well as LOLMDS and WoOLM seem to get along.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

I don't think so either. I'd be willing to wager heavily that it's more a case of both parties (WoO's & FALS) wanting to get together but both having extremely limited scheduling options, thus the Wednesday night show. Due to fan logistics and the virtually nonexistent driver cross over appeal the coexistence is minimally detrimental to either venue. Indiana Midget Week is a big deal to wingless fandom and the conflict would be much more pronounced if the FALS event was POWRi National Midgets/WAR 410 sprint cars. Also, if Indiana Midget Week was running at say Lincoln Park Speedway the conflict would probably be more evident.