Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The whole comes down to crates started with good intentions but that has went by the wayside money like everything else in life wins everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    To paraphrase some of you complaining about it:

"Hey drivers, glad you all showed up on time for the drivers' meeting. Just thought I'd let you know Lanigan, Bloomquist and Davenport wanted to race tonight but we wouldn't let them because they're great drivers and you're not.

You're welcome. Be safe out there tonight boys."

That would go over like a turd in a punch bowl.
    I'm sure a lot drive would have moment of relief hearing that they not racing. They have better chance to win it if big time super late them didn't show up lol.

I don't really agree with big high profile super late driver, kind going after easier money to say. But it's on the series if they let people like lanigan race or not. But it kind does see where this crate driver are at. Like few said they do have lot big money crate teams, so it's fair play for big money late driver to race. If small budget/weekend drivers don't like it, they have stand up not let big money teams "crate and super late" race for it.

Myself I rather see 70 car count of local/weekend hobby no body crate drivers race it out for 20k. I don't got see national or top regional drivers ever Friday or Sat.

Seen someone say what different when regional or weekend driver racing against national tour. It's a little different odds play in Lucas/WoO teams favor. Top regional driver sometimes beat them, it's rare when small team regional beats them, much less a local weekend track driver. At one time this could happen often for fav local weekend track driver pick up a win.

But hey it is what it is

Exclamation

First, If they didn't want interlopers taking home the bread they shouldn't have offered so much prize money from the beginning. Second, crates are the very reason supers are dead in the south except for touring so they made their bed, so now they can lie in it. Mr FASTRAK and the other promoters who followed suit knew what they were doing when they started offering bigger purses for crate than Limited and Super, they even advertised that Super guys would be competing as a fan draw. So now the big names aren't welcome after having the late model landscape obliterated by these socialized racing engines classes. Nope, F#@k them and the horse they rode in on. Some "fans/posters" don't understand, some of these guys are racing to put food on the table, not for bragging rights. If they want crate to be budget minded, give out trophies instead of cash.
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    First, If they didn't want interlopers taking home the bread they shouldn't have offered so much prize money from the beginning. Second, crates are the very reason supers are dead in the south except for touring so they made their bed, so now they can lie in it. Mr FASTRAK and the other promoters who followed suit knew what they were doing when they started offering bigger purses for crate than Limited and Super, they even advertised that Super guys would be competing as a fan draw. So now the big names aren't welcome after having the late model landscape obliterated by these socialized racing engines classes. Nope, F#@k them and the horse they rode in on. Some "fans/posters" don't understand, some of these guys are racing to put food on the table, not for bragging rights. If they want crate to be budget minded, give out trophies instead of cash.
    Truth!!.....

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    To paraphrase some of you complaining about it:

"Hey drivers, glad you all showed up on time for the drivers' meeting. Just thought I'd let you know Lanigan, Bloomquist and Davenport wanted to race tonight but we wouldn't let them because they're great drivers and you're not.

You're welcome. Be safe out there tonight boys."

That would go over like a turd in a punch bowl.
    When crates started, they didn't want them there. If you started racing sport mods, would you want a guy like Unzicker showing up with a new Ruhlman car?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

There was an article a few weeks back basically talking about this. Dolly Parton vs Kim Kardashian purses big names show up to the big money to win shows ie. Dolly Parton purse structure. If you want to reward your locals/ low money guys make it 5k to won 2 k to start. Hell pay 3k to the winner and 5k to second just to screw with people.

If im a driver and lannigan is at the track racing crates, I'm excited I get to compete and test my skills against one of the best and at the closest thing I would ever have to a level playing field against him.

Kind of amazing that nothing is really ever said when JD goes to all the good paying crate shows and wins. He is notorious for going. It's like crickets on here when he does. Before this gets any farther along does anyone know how many crate races JD, Overton, or Lanigan ran all year for 2017? I would be willing to bet that scale is pretty light for Lanigan. What is the big deal all the sudden? Lanigan won a crate race. So what. It is what it is.

Ding, ding ding we have a winner!!!!! Bravo!!!!!

I guess old Lanigan not making no money off them club 29 cars. He average mid pack runner, if you do a year to year average on him all the ups and down he has had for the last 2 years.

From what i read Lanigan sold the car Friday night to someone and raced it Saturday...

wonder what type tech inspection was done on the winning car?

Usually there plastering pic.of the engine being took apart going on about tires being checked, but not seen anything from this weekend

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by hipower17 View Post
    Tech, what's that? They got seals on them engines, ain't that how crate racing works? If its bolted together it must be legal, we're all exactly the same, share and share alike. Crate racing is the single worst thing to happen to racing, I'm surprised we don't all have to run Rockets with Integra shocks. We need to make everybody exactly the freaking same so we're all equal and happy and bored. I'll have to go to Russia to get away from all this communism.
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by highwayman View Post
    tech, what's that? They got seals on them engines, ain't that how crate racing works? If its bolted together it must be legal, we're all exactly the same, share and share alike. Crate racing is the single worst thing to happen to racing, i'm surprised we don't all have to run rockets with integra shocks. We need to make everybody exactly the freaking same so we're all equal and happy and bored. I'll have to go to russia to get away from all this communism.
    Amen! ^^^^^^^^^^^

I think a few people hit on the key point here. The problem is that tech has been lax or rules expanded to allow more expensive stuff, in essence taking the little guy out of the picture. Rules for a "limited" class should be built to where lower dollar teams can still compete. Ie claimer shocks, chassis restrictions, etc. The goal in a class like that is to make it where a good driver can be competitive regardless of $, at least to an extent (and as usual, UMP has missed the mark there). Then the discussion about drivers running super and crate becomes moot, if it isn't a guarantee that a JD moves down and wins the 10k pretty much every time. Don't blame the drivers, blame the rules.

Well, being it's November, darn near December, and that race was probably close to a 15 hour drive for me, I did not attend.
    Therefore I will gracefully retract my post as I had no business posting it. My apologies.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by hipower17 View Post
    I was told lanigan was protested by someone, now for engine or something else I got no idea or if even the protest happened for sure but ain't heard anything more about it.

What would Ronnie Johnson do then???

Didn't CJ Rayburn basically invent the CRATE concept???

It says in the 57j thread that Lanigan delivered Bub a new Club 29 when he went to the crate race.