Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Rumor has it Boggs already had one? Anyway, I don't think there is any magic in those K car tubes. There is magic in 2 particular K cars.
    I don't know, Colton Flinner has improved quite a bit since moving to the K cars.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Corey Conley is pretty dang good in a K car too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    Corey Conley is pretty dang good in a K car too.
    In 2016 he was. The two Carpenters themselves don't even look nearly as impressive when they step down and run steel block cars. There are a bunch of them out there that run ok. Guys who were ok with other cars and ok with these cars. I think they are decent cars, but I don't think they are some secret weapon.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

In 2016 he was. The two Carpenters themselves don't even look nearly as impressive when they step down and run steel block cars. There are a bunch of them out there that run ok. Guys who were ok with other cars and ok with these cars. I think they are decent cars, but I don't think they are some secret weapon.
    I believe Tyler won almost every steel block race he was in this year. I do agree it seems that there's only a handful that run good in them so I don't think there some secret weapon. But I do know Tyler and Freddie are dang good in them and Corey Conley still had a better year this past season than he had in the previous 8 or so before he got in a K car.

I believe Tyler won almost every steel block race he was in this year. I do agree it seems that there's only a handful that run good in them so I don't think there some secret weapon. But I do know Tyler and Freddie are dang good in them and Corey Conley still had a better year this past season than he had in the previous 8 or so before he got in a K car.
    Yes, Tyler won regular shows in the SB class at I77. Where was he in the Hillbilly? Or Freddie?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Yes, Tyler won regular shows in the SB class at I77. Where was he in the Hillbilly? Or Freddie?
    So you're basing it off of one race that they didn't win? The Carpenters have never been good at Tyler County, and to be fair, the track was in such horrible shape that crate cars were putting it to the steel block cars, minus (Jake Hawkins).

So you're basing it off of one race that they didn't win? The Carpenters have never been good at Tyler County, and to be fair, the track was in such horrible shape that crate cars were putting it to the steel block cars, minus (Jake Hawkins).
    One this year. I have been to others the last couple seasons. Even in wins, it is much less impressive. They have something, it ain't their steel.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Never thought Jackie would actually do it when the rumor started. He doesn't drive like Tyler or Freddie. Especially at Atomic

Try buying one of the 2 or 4 house cars. YOU can't!!!
    The cars that are out there are not like the house car,they have some special right front frame rail that no other car has except in house. If you go to the PRI take pictures then compare them to the locals who run K cars.

When you run against customers weekly why would you let them have the advantage that you have??? Business 101

They're going to eventually have to get some guys going in these cars other than their select favorites and the house cars if they want to remain dominant in their area, especially with the Rockets only getting better. Right now, there's 5-6 drivers who were far more competitive against the Carpenters when running the car they previously had such as a rocket. Ultimately their selling point is that they're dominating the top 5-10 at their local track... but in reality, they're only racing against themselves. I hope the best for them as they do appear to work hard at what they do, but guys are only going to keep losing patience when they're half a lap behind those the house cars who's drivers are suppose to be helping make them go faster.

If you think people in rockets get same as house car your mistaken. We have bought 2 house cars in our years of racing and they both were different from our other rockets and they were same year. Different tubing,shorter tail sections and few other tricks. I would.bet 99.9% of all the builders do the same.

Chasefrehley you have no clue what you are talking about plain and simple I was there when the car that was at pri was built off the same jig that everyone else car was built on that’s the same car Freddie Carpenter has raced all year and guess what for the right price you can buy that car from him so don’t come on hear telling lies that you know nothing about

Dirtwv77 No offense but a lot of those guys problems are not not getting help it’s the part that they don’t help them selves and what I mean but that cheap parts not running that was suggested to them by Freddie or Ty and another thing maybe Freddie and Ty are just that much better then everyone else driving wise

Quote Originally Posted by cross55 View Post
    If you think people in rockets get same as house car your mistaken. We have bought 2 house cars in our years of racing and they both were different from our other rockets and they were same year. Different tubing,shorter tail sections and few other tricks. I would.bet 99.9% of all the builders do the same.
    Thought we all knew this? You were close... Im thinking 100% of the builders.

MashedTater, I do agree with you to an extent on the fact that there are a number of guys who do probably comprimise their K cars with the quality of parts they use... but in my mind, when I see VERY talented and always competitive drivers such as Ronnie Mayle, Kyle Thomas, Weigle and even Wolford all with 1-2 wins or less this past year with what should be excellent equipment... it makes you wonder.

Mashed taters, Freedy has been racing a long time. Somehow those two had a light bulb click at exactly the same time and their talent increased exponentially overnight. Good for them. Must have been sim racing that done it. Lol.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by DirtWv77 View Post
    MashedTater, I do agree with you to an extent on the fact that there are a number of guys who do probably comprimise their K cars with the quality of parts they use... but in my mind, when I see VERY talented and always competitive drivers such as Ronnie Mayle, Kyle Thomas, Weigle and even Wolford all with 1-2 wins or less this past year with what should be excellent equipment... it makes you wonder.
    So your telling me Ty and Freddie are hold info lol Ronnie has ran better in his Kryptonite then he has ran in anything other then his street stock lol Kyle Thomas has told Cory at the shop he might buy another car. And wolford has he looked better in his longhorn???? Lol I didn’t think so

Mastersbilt you your right a light bulb did go off they both got aluminum motors at about the same time they weren’t getting out motored for once but it’s all good I know Freddie Ty and Chris you can bash them all you want you know nothing about them and nothing that they do.... have a good day

I am giving them credit for having fast cars. That flat work better than most others on the track. Glad you joined 4m for this thread.

I can tell the difference between chassis speed and engine speed.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 12-06-2017 at 10:40 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2