Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Chris Madden moves to Barry Wright Race Cars for 2018

http://insidedirtracing.com/chris-ma...cars-for-2018/

Madden will wheel the BWRC house car in 2018

Wow, surprised he turned down the long horn house car. Good see he was able keep some his long time sponsors, that a good thing for him and bwr. Wonder they have enough to run national tour or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Returning to Dirt View Post
    http://insidedirtracing.com/chris-ma...cars-for-2018/

Madden will wheel the BWRC house car in 2018
    I'm surprised by this news since Madden had a pretty good year this year. I seen in the article where he said he likes a challenge, apparently he likes a challenge more than he likes winning.

^^^ Solid burn.

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    I'm surprised by this news since Madden had a pretty good year this year. I seen in the article where he said he likes a challenge, apparently he likes a challenge more than he likes winning.
    Maybe they are going to run the antique chassis series and battle Bullitt and Jig-a-lo?

I smell some good ole crow being cooked up for the BWRC nay sayers?????

Quote Originally Posted by President Clinton View Post
    I think he will do ok. He is a darn good racer. But, it has to be some level of a step back.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Kwd1253 View Post
    Wow, surprised he turned down the long horn house car. Good see he was able keep some his long time sponsors, that a good thing for him and bwr. Wonder they have enough to run national tour or not.
    I’m not so sure he was even offered a Longhorn house car ride. I think the talk of him being in that ride were pure conjecture based on some bigger logos on his world finals wrap.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by President Clinton View Post
    I hope I am wrong, but the hype has been present the last 2-3 years with no results. With all of Bowyers resources and money, they were able to squeeze out 1 championship, but I'm guessing the chassis got some major tweaking from what they started out as in that deal.

Put me in the I'll eat crow if I'm wrong category. I hope he does well, but JD, and Bailes are good drivers and they were in left field in those cars last year. Maybe they are crafting some new longwrights right now.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Weak_Links View Post
    Put me in the I'll eat crow if I'm wrong category. I hope he does well, but JD, and Bailes are good drivers and they were in left field in those cars last year. Maybe they are crafting some new longwrights right now.
    JD never had a competitive Motor, Ross is pretty good but nowhere close to JD or Madden. Time will tell but I feel like they have their Ducks in a row.Everyone knows Barry don’t like spending his own $$$ but Chris would not put himself in an inferior spot.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I think he will do ok. He is a darn good racer. But, it has to be some level of a step back.
    Madden is regarded as one of the better setup drivers in the business. Maybe he can turn Barry’s lagging program around. Also, I thought Barry didn’t want to travel much. Does this mean that Madden is going back to a regional outlaw schedule?
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Not talking bad bout JD he is definitely a good driver but I think he not the sharpest on setting a car up, Madden on other hand set em up an wheel one ,I'm thinking team Wright is going have a pretty good year

I'm surprised as anybody over this joining of forces. Maybe they needed each other, financially speaking, and joining forces would spread the expenses.

Lightbulb

JD struggled with engine woes and bad luck, Ross was fast and competitive.
    Might want to put down the crack pipe....
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    JD struggled with engine woes and bad luck, Ross was fast and competitive. Might want to put down the crack pipe....
    No crack pipe here. He won a big crate race, only win I remember. He was decent at times in the car at some of the ultimate races. At times he was terrible. With the best competition he saw at Charlotte he was in the way....and I like Ross. I think he's a good driver. He could have ran as good or better in Billy Hicks car with more funding.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by dirty bert View Post
    Not talking bad bout JD he is definitely a good driver but I think he not the sharpest on setting a car up, Madden on other hand set em up an wheel one ,I'm thinking team Wright is going have a pretty good year
    What about jimmy? Can't say he doent know how set up a car. He struggled as well in the bwrc, he had one really good win at wheatland. Compare jimmy in rocket vs bwrc, this year he had way better year. But hope madden does well in it and turns bwrc around.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwd1253 View Post
    What about jimmy? Can't say he doent know how set up a car. He struggled as well in the bwrc, he had one really good win at wheatland. Compare jimmy in rocket vs bwrc, this year he had way better year. But hope madden does well in it and turns bwrc around.
    Yep. And to the best of my knowledge Rumley was helping give set-up advice when JD was in the car, and most would say he's the best in the business.

Yep. And to the best of my knowledge Rumley was helping give set-up advice when JD was in the car, and most would say he's the best in the business.
    Rumley was nowhere near JD in the BWRC. He was moonlighting for Lanigan first half of the year.

BWRC follow Lucas 13-15 and gets a championship in the second year with CBR. Yeah it wasn’t right out the gate and repeat, but come on. Which Housecars are winning championships everybody is pulling for are all depending on which chassis is the flavor of the day and who’s driving as to who cares on here. Now it’s BWRC is antique and gunna run with the Jig a lo to start a series. Really blows my mind how much sht talking goes on about ppl just bc they’ve been doing this a long time. Rayburn ain’t gettin talked about bc he’s old and been in business forever. Everybody wants to complain about costs but can’t appreciate a shade tree mechanic. When costs and technology kill the sport, the shade tree mechanics will be gone.