Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bobby Pierce alliance with Dunn Benson raises questions but offers big potential

http://insidedirtracing.com/bobby-pi...eat-potential/

A few questions remain unanswered but the potential for this pairing is great

In all honesty I think if they want to be the most effective as crew chief and driver Bob needs to be all in or not in at all I think splitting time between the shop at home and Bobbys ride will hamper performance... I hope I am wrong...

No questions raised in my mind, they will be fine

Well many have wondered how Bobby would do once he was out of the Pierce chassis and now they are going to get their chance to see how he does.

Press release or story that accompanied it said pierce was already switching to rockets before the Dunn benson deal. I'd have to imagine the Dunn benson deal will allow them to get more testing in faster than they would have originally to be up to speed with the xr1s. I'd also kind of think Bob might be putting his own touches on them. Those bolt on brackets make it pretty easy to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    In all honesty I think if they want to be the most effective as crew chief and driver Bob needs to be all in or not in at all I think splitting time between the shop at home and Bobbys ride will hamper performance... I hope I am wrong...
    I am with you i think his Dad needs to stay at Home...

I don't think Bob has to be there all the time. With technology today he can be both places at once if need be. I think it's the best deal they could get. Top team with a top notch driver with a top notch chassis. What's not to like about this deal. I'm pretty sure I remember a video earlier this season were Bobby was testing another chassis that belonged to one of his friends. He may have been planning a change before the DB ride came along. He now has Mark Richards, Steve Baker, Josh Richards, Brandon Sheppard and Bob Pierce to go to for setup info. He was always a threat at the big ones when he was pretty much the only Pierce car there. Think how good he's gonna be with all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    I am with you i think his Dad needs to stay at Home...
    Exactly!!!

His dad needs to be out on the road with them, at least till the transition is made. I really don't see why anyone would think otherwise. When you have one of the best at set up and race strategy, you use them, unless you wish to lose. Seems like some would like to see Bobby start off with a handicap. Could be a couple of them, would be the first to bad mouth him for losing one. That stuff happens, when you have haters.

Bobby and his dad have a good understanding. Until the DB crew under stand where a little change is when talking to Bobby, his dad should be there. A little change is some where between, waving your hand over it and saying hockus pocus and a new front clip. Communication is very important. We should think about such things, it appears Dunn Benson has. Bob will gain a wealth of knowledge to help his new Rocket customers. It's the smart thing to do.

Was on a team that Bob drove for and it was 8 weeks befor left I the team, and had been on the team for 3 years and Bobs a D!ck....Bobby be better off working with the new team more...

I’ve noticed on the DB site that they’re not going to be using the Integra XR1 package for shocks. I’m not so sure that’s the best course of action with how dependent cars are on shocks these days.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Its too bad they didn't go with Rocket last year when they made the chassis switch. Switching because of convenience doesn't make much sense!

They would have been ahead of the curve and not shopping for a new driver!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

..Josh I wonder if they may throw Bobbys Advanced package on the xr1 and see how it does first...

Quote Originally Posted by Returning to Dirt View Post
    http://insidedirtracing.com/bobby-pi...eat-potential/

A few questions remain unanswered but the potential for this pairing is great
    I don't really think there are questions about how he will adapt. You must forget easily because just last winter he flew to Australia, got in a totally different style of car and learned how to wheel it down under in a matter of days then went out and competed hard every night and even won at least one of the races....

Love or Hate Bobby he can drive a Race car....

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Was on a team that Bob drove for and it was 8 weeks befor left I the team, and had been on the team for 3 years and Bobs a D!ck....Bobby be better off working with the new team more...
    Now I ain't picking on you man but, It's probably a good thing nobody understood that, completely...

Don't under-estimate the guys at Advanced, $hit, 10 years ago everyone thought you were crazy if you bought shocks or got help from the guys at Port City (Integra). Advanced is as good as anyone and better than alot of them. I wouldn't be concerned about the shock program they'll bring.

If you have properly tested the Integra package, you should be fine with any label on the outside of the aluminum body.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mindwalker View Post
    Now I ain't picking on you man but, It's probably a good thing nobody understood that, completely...
    Bobs a D!ck,,, his Son ant

pretty sure we all know your feelings on Bob but his accomplishments and what he's done with Bobby to this point I can't see just kicking him to curb...