Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WoO/Lucas

Chris Ferguson posted on twitter a just a while ago asking fans if they think he should run with the WOO LMS. 77% said yes & 23% said no.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Love it when we talk racing and a political "brew-hah" breaks out.

Admitted Conservative here. To all my "righty" 4m friends...remember we're enjoying a sport that only has "left" turns.

I learned long ago that the D and the R don't care about "We the people." They care about lining their pockets and saying whatever they believe we want to hear to stay in power.

The only man I'm willing to put my faith in, has a birthday in 16 days.

Now let's get back to talking racing.

Ferguson will not last on a tour at all. Too many failures

Dennis Erb Jr. announced he will run Lucas in '18. Same car and engine as before.

Lucas tour currently has 14 guys on tour, we will see how many drop off after speedweeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    In a bad mood today? Sorry, not everyone understands the economy.
    like not everyone understands a glass being half full?

Gotcha.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Love it when we talk racing and a political "brew-hah" breaks out.

Admitted Conservative here. To all my "righty" 4m friends...remember we're enjoying a sport that only has "left" turns.

I learned long ago that the D and the R don't care about "We the people." They care about lining their pockets and saying whatever they believe we want to hear to stay in power.

The only man I'm willing to put my faith in, has a birthday in 16 days.

Now let's get back to talking racing.

Mic drop zonks.........well said, Merry Christmas and thanks for the reminder we all need every now and again.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

James Essex said on Lucas Oil tv that mike norris was planning on running with the Lucas series.

Ok, put the D or R labels away. The economy is about how money moves and in what circles it moves in. The faser it moves, the better the economy. What moves money is purchases. If you purchase stock from Wall st. The economy can be good on Wall st. If there where no purchases on Main st. it can be bad at the same time Wall st. is good. The problem with this is when Wall st. makes corrections that sometime cause recessions. In a healthy economy, the Main street buyer drives the economy. The money people create jobs then to get that money. If there is no Main st. money, there are no job creators. Trump is trying very hard to increase the number of jobs. Jobs that have been outsourced, jobs that have been taken by immigrants. When you have more workers than jobs, the price of labor goes down. That is the reason Main street economy has not kept up.
    40,000 new manufacturing jobs since January... help wanted signs everywhere... jobs go unfilled because you can't find enough people to pass a pee test. The joint where I'm at PT needs five new drivers but can't find them despite pay and benefit increases. One dispatcher is now driving to help take up the slack. The office almost begs me to work extra days. This is a small trucking outfit with 28 units... the economy is good. If you want a job you're hired.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    40,000 new manufacturing jobs since January... help wanted signs everywhere... jobs go unfilled because you can't find enough people to pass a pee test. The joint where I'm at PT needs five new drivers but can't find them despite pay and benefit increases. One dispatcher is now driving to help take up the slack. The office almost begs me to work extra days. This is a small trucking outfit with 28 units... the economy is good. If you want a job you're hired.
    I hear what your saying, Krooser, but your looking at one small part of a big economy. Over all we have had a start in the direction for a good economy, but we are not even close to regaining the jobs lost since 07. A lot of those good paying jobs will never come back. This is the reason, Trump wants that tax cut. Tax cuts move money. I don't see the help wanted signs in most places. As far as trucking goes, it's a competitive business. You can have one getting rich and across the street, they are starving. If you look at them, you need to look at them all.

To be honest, the economy is better, but no where well enough to be driving a healthy economy.

One of the beefs against the tax reform is the provision concerning state income taxes. People in high state taxes will not benefit like people in low tax states. Do these people not realize that their tax "problems" lie with the state, not the federal government? The federal administration is cutting taxes. Maybe the complainers should get their states to cut those high taxes and their problems will disappear. If New York and California are charging outrageously high taxes on their citizens, then they should cut out some of the freebies that everyone knows are being tossed about. Most of those only went to buy votes anyway.

I hear what your saying, Krooser, but your looking at one small part of a big economy. Over all we have had a start in the direction for a good economy, but we are not even close to regaining the jobs lost since 07. A lot of those good paying jobs will never come back. This is the reason, Trump wants that tax cut. Tax cuts move money. I don't see the help wanted signs in most places. As far as trucking goes, it's a competitive business. You can have one getting rich and across the street, they are starving. If you look at them, you need to look at them all.

To be honest, the economy is better, but no where well enough to be driving a healthy economy.
    I know several folks that employ truck drivers. None of them can find enough people to put in the seats.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Is Madden actually running WoO for '18? I know he signed the paper work at PRI. But I heard at the same time, he was telling people he plans to run a regional schedule like he has done for many years.

Looks to me like Brandon Overton is tossing around the idea of a WoO points run. He has every WoO race on his schedule for next season up til mid May.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    Looks to me like Brandon Overton is tossing around the idea of a WoO points run. He has every WoO race on his schedule for next season up til mid May.
    I saw an announcement from them earlier that said they had committed to run every WoO show up until the 100 at Fayetteville, and then they would evaluate what to do for the remainder of the season.

That's pretty big news if Overton runs WoO. Great for fans. Great for the sport. Hopefully Weaver/Stone will give it go.

Hmmm. A Randy Weaver designed ride on WoO and Lucas oil....

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    The economy here in south Georgia is terrible, so I guess it depends on where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Mic drop zonks.........well said, Merry Christmas and thanks for the reminder we all need every now and again.
    Merry Christmas to you as well my friend.

Brandon Overton needs added