Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Will Francis control what he was complaining about or just collect a paycheck?

https://www.dirtondirt.com/story_9930.html

Judging by this story it sounds like he is off to a good start to being a Late Model politician.

Good read. I think he will be great.

yeah I do too

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    https://www.dirtondirt.com/story_9930.html

Judging by this story it sounds like he is off to a good start to being a Late Model politician.
    Only time will tell.. But can't forget there are people sign his checks. If he see something not good for the sport, who to say someone above him tells him they going let that person do it. But someone has been around late racing long he has, it good have him in the position he in. As driver he can see how some things are good and what is bad long term.

Thumbs up

I believe he wil be good for the sport. It would be great if he was able to being thing back to where they where 10-12 years ago. Granite it will be a hard road to do that but with the knowledge Steve has and the combine time he's spent in the sport will be beneficial to all of late model racing not just the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series. Just imagine if he was able to get all series on the same page. Steve's always been an advocate of staying with in the rules and help keep guys wanting to stay in the sport and be able to afford to race. The more guys you have racing from top to bottom the better off the sport will be long term. The biggest problem now is keeping young people interested especially the ones with a short attention span.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 12-11-2017 at 07:59 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 5 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

I say nothing changes. Talk is cheap. Big$ control the sport not tech officials and IMO he's going to find this out even more being in this new position.

Quote:
    My thoughts is to try and keep it simple as we can - what you've got to remember is, every time you stroke that ink pen in that rule book, you somewhere cost someone some money, so you got to make it for the betterment of the sport.
    Steve Francis - 2017

Most important thought of the article.

I think he is going to keep a eye on what teams are going to do. There not going to go backwards. Forget it, never going to happen. Think about this !! HOW DO YOU OUTLAW A PRODUCT ?? Manufactures spend enormous amounts of money in retooling, testing, etc. etc. I think all of that has to be part of the equation. The sport has changed more than most realize. A car today, including what bolts to the chassis, is out of date after a year in most cases. A 3 to 5 yr. Old car, well don't park next to me with that junk. Yea, Yea, I know the Firecracker in WV has let it be known that there house car has 140 races on it. I doubt it if anything that bolts to that chassis is over x ammount of races old. I have heard they have a ridiculous maintenance schedule. Personally, anyone running a SLM today on tour better have a ridiculous maintenance check list between races.

Well we have outlawed nitrous oxide systems. You cannot run a turbo system or fuel injection system. We have outlawed traction control. We have outlawed the wedge car (well except for the ones we have NOW). So products can and are not allowed all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    Well we have outlawed nitrous oxide systems. You cannot run a turbo system or fuel injection system. We have outlawed traction control. We have outlawed the wedge car (well except for the ones we have NOW). So products can and are not allowed all the time.
    Brake floaters, spring rods, bolts smaller than a hole, shocks with a spinning element, too many heim joints on suspension, spacers between roof and cage, even if cage built without rake, steel wheels
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

So why is no series enforcing their body rules?

A simple piece of string and a tape measure is all it takes!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

No Series? You sure about that?

He'll enforce what he is told to enforce or he will be looking for other employment.

good luck Steve. seen many former drivers attempt to step into a tech roll at the local level. tough job. he's going to need sanction support for all his decisions. which will be tough against series regulars and former competitors.

different sport, but I've played the same roll. be firm, fair, and consistent. respect can be earned.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Flagone, really ? Nitrous, this is dirt racing, they run laps not a 1/4 mile. Turbo's, the dust would kill those. Fuel injection may be the only item you have mentioned that could possibly be brought back into consideration. The system could limit the amount of HP the engine makes by controlling nozzle size.

Is traction control regularly checked for?

sounds like nothing gets checked

I seen a 2018 car where im not kiddin ya there was 6 inches of rake at least on his roof...not front to back..side to side! its getting extremely ridiculous why dont they just let em put a wing up there get it over with smfh...

The lucas cars at PRI had the back decks sloped 10+ inches lol. That would cost a few hours to fix and slow the cars down but that article made it very clear there will not be any changes.

The simple answer to the question is "NO" and it's not gonna be any fault of Steve's. The sanctioning bodies know who butters their bread......