Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rocket #4,999

I heard awhile back we could be down a Conley next year, and it's not Delmas.

But they normally do get 2 new cars each a year. It's been a few years since I've been to their shop. It was rare that they sold their old used frames too.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    I always laugh when people talk about rocket and mark richards. Steve Baker probably laughs like h*ll too. If you don't like Baker then you must be a troll. He is just as big of a reason Rocket is rolling chassis #5000 of the table. Steve ran many shows doing r & d work and there combination has made Rocket, like it or not, #1. I wonder who would be close to that number. I think CJ Rayburn could be in the thousands...
    I’ve always heard he is the personable guy, better at dealing with customers.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post

But they normally do get 2 new cars each a year. It's been a few years since I've been to their shop. It was rare that they sold their old used frames too.
    I’d guess Rod if I was guessing. I think JT hasn’t raced since Charlie passed, could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post

must be low on funds.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

I wonder who would be close to that number. I think CJ Rayburn could be in the thousands..
    Ed Howe

I'm not really sure on late models. I would think in modifieds Harris would have to be high up there in numbers, and in sprint cars J&J and Maxim are likely way up there too (but granted there aren't as many options)

Rick Eckert is the driver getting #5000, switching to Rockets for 2018. He recorded Rockets first win at Hagerstown in 1992.
    Last edited by bleedblue55; 12-19-2017 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    I'm going to take a wild guess about who has been their best customer. Delmus, Rod, and RJ Conley come to mind.
    I'd put Rick Delong right up there with them. Rick started running them very first year they came out. All the way up till last year when he sold everything. And he has been a rocket dealer for just as long. I don't know If he is still a dealer or not since he stopped Fielding cars. But he may still be. Have heard a rumour or 2 that he may be getting something back together again with Matt Miller. Just some talk I got when chatting with friends I have that still race.

Quote Originally Posted by ohdrtfan View Post
    I'd put Rick Delong right up there with them. Rick started running them very first year they came out. All the way up till last year when he sold everything. And he has been a rocket dealer for just as long. I don't know If he is still a dealer or not since he stopped Fielding cars. But he may still be. Have heard a rumour or 2 that he may be getting something back together again with Matt Miller. Just some talk I got when chatting with friends I have that still race.
    Rob Blair is the longest running Rocket Chassis customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    Rob Blair is the longest running Rocket Chassis customer.
    I would say the Conley’s are the longest running Rocket Chassis Customer. But they based it on Eckert winning the first race in a Rocket Chassis and that is understandable.

Conleys went to Rockets in 1995. Swartz before that. The 1994 swing arm Swartz cars cost Swartz a lot of customers. Rocket gained many of them. We got one of those heaps real cheap, re-engineered it, and it was a great car.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1