Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey Cody

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    This thread got a little off topic. I said it last year and will say it again they have to get some better dirt to make the track better and in turn run more laps. The amount of dust/dirt we ate this year was way worse than last year. I'm betting the clean up bill is double what it was last year if not more.
    They can't. The dirt they have is what has been approved by the Dome management. It's the same dirt used by AMA For the Supercross race held there.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    They can't. The dirt they have is what has been approved by the Dome management. It's the same dirt used by AMA For the Supercross race held there.
    I hope they renegotiate that part of the contract, as long as its that dirt its going to be what you saw this year.

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    I hope they renegotiate that part of the contract, as long as its that dirt its going to be what you saw this year.
    Not that it was terrible, but it wasn't great either. In the heats/consi's on Friday my buddy and i made a rule you couldn't pick anyone on the front row.

What do I think about a 100 lap feature and a red flag stop?
    Hate it. NO Late model race ever needs to be more than 50 laps and I quite fine with 30, including "crown jewels"
    RARELY do you see any more passing, any more "racing" in the extra laps, just alot of folks riding around, waiting to spin themselves out and come in for fresh tires for the last half....
    Same goes for sprints, no sprint race ever needs to be more than 40, and I am just fine with 25-30, including nationals.
    NO RED FLAG FUEL STOPS.
    In my humble opinion.
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.