Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

News flash a chain is still a limiter and yes there are many cars out there without underslung or even provisions for one. Not very well thought out rules.

If it helps getting the spoiler out of the air thats a plus...more concerned about the racing aspect if areo is a real thing in lm racing..witch at 100mph plus I believe it is...
    Last edited by Illtsate32; 12-20-2017 at 09:38 PM.

If a guy just lowers the LR deck a bit I don't see that helping with rollovers, as the chassis will still be posturing just as much as before. Sure it may have a bit less down force, but I doubt it's much at all.

The rollovers I've seen had the LR high and the RF dug into the track and they pivoted on the RF nose...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

I think what Ray is doing he is starting a bumper business because now everyone’s frt bumper will be torn off... and my biggest question is how does lowering the front bumper help the cars from rolling over? If the bumper digs in harder wouldn’t that make the cars crash and the chance of roll over higher? Ray seems like a good guy just not sure he needs to be making rules for super late models.... maybe he needs to start a limited series.... oh......he already has.
    Last edited by onlyfacts; 12-21-2017 at 06:00 AM.

Down force is used to keep the rear of the car planted to the track. Decreasing down force will allow the rear of the car to become lighter, promoting roll overs, not decreasing them. This rule is a knee jerk reaction without much thought put into it. The roll overs are caused by the right front, not the left rear. But, as with many rules, it's is better to have a bad, ineffective rule rather than have one that address the issue.

Listen, I understand there are people that hate rules that mean sometimes you have to quit using a part you have spent a bunch of $$$ on. But some of the excuses I’m reading for not liking this are laughable. “This will break aluminum axle tubes”. “This will bend frame rails”. C’mon man!! They have been chaining the LR tube to the frame for 20 years before much of this stuff has come out. Try another excuse, or just come out and say, “but I just wasted money on the newest go fast air gadget”...

Haha yes. Where were these guys the last 25 years?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Some dude said that the chain bent the frame where it attached in his masters lol AKA the main frame rail !! It didn't break the chincy mount they use on the axel tube but it bent the frame rail ... Right ... deck height should be measured after the race not before , that eliminates the air shocks and guys riding on the bumper to get through tech. The higher the LR gets the lower the RF gets and more likely the car is to roll over ray is right. You should be able to get your car back to balanced by adjusting bar angle and rear steer to compensate for the lack of hike in 1 quick practice session. Get rid of stacks , bills , grooving and siping and the need for 900hp will start to go away

Quote Originally Posted by MBR Performance View Post
    News flash a chain is still a limiter and yes there are many cars out there without underslung or even provisions for one. Not very well thought out rules.
    How does a guy go about checking max bar angles and setting droop without having a jacking point to do so?
    I guess guys nowadays just read a book that tells them where to set the bars statically and how much droop from axle to frame and go race...... then scratch their head and call everyone that's faster a cheater.

Yes, a chain is still a limiter, a solid limiter that is the most consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    How does a guy go about checking max bar angles and setting droop without having a jacking point to do so?
    I guess guys nowadays just read a book that tells them where to set the bars statically and how much droop from axle to frame and go race...... then scratch their head and call everyone that's faster a cheater.

Yes, a chain is still a limiter, a solid limiter that is the most consistent.
    You can put the jack under the seat. but, that will not put the car at the same attitude as an underslung.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Drop Shock View Post
    Better track prep will prevent more rollovers
    Exactly. Track experts now how to . Look at the tracks that a roll over happens ,
    and more than not , horrible prep Some of who couldn't cut grass straight.

Ray is a really nice guy... I really hate to see him loose everything he has built up because we wants the rules changed so he can win again... I predict he will do away with these stupid rules by May or there won’t be any Southern Nationals. Because with out cars no promoters will have one of his races.. JMO

Getting the decks back down to 36” and flat after the driver to the spoiler would be way easier to tech. Just sayin’.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I don't think that meet the same goal. But needed, definitely.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Everyone crying that they don't want any rules and want racing to be a money spending contest such a thing already exists it's called formula 1. Head on over there and show us how big your bank account and cack are . Without imposing some type of hike rule it's going to continue to get more and more absurd. Having enough downforce to run wide open doesn't help anyone except engine but Builders.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I don't think that meet the same goal. But needed, definitely.
    It doesn’t meet the same goal, but it would help and is far less convoluted than this droop rule.

True Josh, but I believe Ray really wants cars to stay on the rubber side.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    Some dude said that the chain bent the frame where it attached in his masters lol AKA the main frame rail !! It didn't break the chincy mount they use on the axel tube but it bent the frame rail ... Right ... deck height should be measured after the race not before , that eliminates the air shocks and guys riding on the bumper to get through tech. The higher the LR gets the lower the RF gets and more likely the car is to roll over ray is right. You should be able to get your car back to balanced by adjusting bar angle and rear steer to compensate for the lack of hike in 1 quick practice session. Get rid of stacks , bills , grooving and siping and the need for 900hp will start to go away

So true! I am not sure i agree with the 13in RF height. 13in is the travel for off road cars not oval cars. They look so stupid sitting still with bent noses. I do applaud Ray for being the first to step up when it should have been Lucas stepping up.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    True Josh, but I believe Ray really wants cars to stay on the rubber side.
    I agree, and this idea should help that in theory, but guys will definitely find away around it unless it’s checked immediately after the races.