Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    And I betcha every top chassis out there is doing the same.

Hence Overton is a Longhorn.
    Chupp you are definitely correct. They all have no choice right now. Monkey see, monkey do and you gotta keep up or get left behind quickly

I'm not picking on any one but the 116 was parked right near us their car was in no way legal and they had it toned down a bit from its usual stance but they were allowed to race without issue and i don't blame them or anyone else for pushing were racers that's what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    And I betcha every top chassis out there is doing the same.

Hence Overton is a Longhorn.
    First cars I remember seeing with the crazy sloped decks were Club/BD cars. And this was a couple years ago now.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    First cars I remember seeing with the crazy sloped decks were Club/BD cars. And this was a couple years ago now.
    First cars I saw with a sideboard interior next to the driver was Swartz. At least 5 years ago.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    First cars I saw with a sideboard interior next to the driver was Swartz. At least 5 years ago.
    Wasnt there a race where Jackie got disqualified or something because the whole hood was dropped too?
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Wasnt there a race where Jackie got disqualified or something because the whole hood was dropped too?
    Yes. Either dq or sent home. I forget.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

They should make all 90s meet flush no fins of any kind to catch any kind of air...

Stupid rule waste of time no one runs cooks series anyway. DOD says it's to reduce roll over accidents , stupid it's not like they flip when they go in the turns. Stupid azz waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by MBR Performance View Post
    Just move the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) shock and spring back in front of the LR. Doesn't cost anyone a dime.
    I would love to see this happen!! All tracks, and series should do this!

The guy given the credit for late models still being around is Bob Member, if he was still around, wonder what he would do if one of the new cars came thru his tech line?

I don't think it's a bad rule. I just think it's a rathole that a ton of money will be going down. I'm all for putting it in the whole race teams hands and not the big manufacturers. I don't really know the best way to go about maintaining the spirit of this rule. Well intended and but you can hear the complaining and griping from a million miles away on this deal. I don't think the controlling of the hike is a bad thing. I see the spoiler getting a ton closer to the rear axle housing on this deal though and provisions made to unload the front when that jack starts unloading the rear.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Quote Originally Posted by race14 View Post
    Stupid rule waste of time no one runs cooks series anyway. DOD says it's to reduce roll over accidents , stupid it's not like they flip when they go in the turns. Stupid azz waste of time.
    Yeah, actually they do.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Is this the pic that was requested?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PRCKartRacer9; 01-01-2018 at 12:45 AM.

Be sensible it's far from an epidemic, I probably watched 50 races this year maybe seen half a dozen roll overs. Majority catching a rut or something not because they went into the corner and they just rolled over.

Quote Originally Posted by race14 View Post
    Be sensible it's far from an epidemic, I probably watched 50 races this year maybe seen half a dozen roll overs. Majority catching a rut or something not because they went into the corner and they just rolled over.
    I didn't see a single roll over in the first 250 races I ever watched. At one race this year, I saw 1 rollver and 8 or 9 other cars barely save it.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Could lack of track prep(ruts and holes) be part of the problem? Maybe racers need a rule to force promoters to do some work????

Track prep is definitely an issue. Ray's example of Johnny Pursleys flip at swainsboro in 16 "on a track that wasn't rough, just an aggressive surface." If swainsboro wasn't rough that night, I don't ever wanna see a rough track. They reworked it 3 times during the night trying to get it to smooth out....but drop was the real problem. Right..

Ray needs to come clean on why he is doing this. Because it has nothing to do with safety. More to this than a couple cars rolling over. Before his Southern Nationals start he will not be on these rules because of lack of support from racers and promoters.

I'm sorry, but I don't see this rule being effective at reducing roll overs. It may even increase roll overs. The problem is short term thinking on a long term problem. First off, roll overs mostly come from the relationship of the center of gravity height and the roll centers and is intensified by good bite, side or forward. You can make a Go Kart bicycle or roll, as low as they are, so lowering the hike is basically a waste of time.

What will happen is, there will be a loss in side and forward bite. This will quickly addressed by the race teams. They will look at that roll center and center of gravity relationship to get that speed back. Move a little ballast and make a few adjustments and we have our potential roll over back quickly. The rule did no good for the intended purpose. Racers race on the edge, they will always do that.

Now if you was intending on making the big HP spread bore engines, that so many have already bought, worthless, it's a good start. It looks to be a rule that handicaps the back of the pack, crates or spec head engines to make them more competitive with the front runners. It's kinda like more spoiler for this one and less for that one, rules. Someone will get the short end on this rule. It looks like the racer that already bought the big engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    I'm sorry, but I don't see this rule being effective at reducing roll overs. It may even increase roll overs. The problem is short term thinking on a long term problem. First off, roll overs mostly come from the relationship of the center of gravity height and the roll centers and is intensified by good bite, side or forward. You can make a Go Kart bicycle or roll, as low as they are, so lowering the hike is basically a waste of time.What will happen is, there will be a loss in side and forward bite. This will quickly addressed by the race teams. They will look at that roll center and center of gravity relationship to get that speed back. Move a little ballast and make a few adjustments and we have our potential roll over back quickly. The rule did no good for the intended purpose. Racers race on the edge, they will always do that.Now if you was intending on making the big HP spread bore engines, that so many have already bought, worthless, it's a good start. It looks to be a rule that handicaps the back of the pack, crates or spec head engines to make them more competitive with the front runners. It's kinda like more spoiler for this one and less for that one, rules. Someone will get the short end on this rule. It looks like the racer that already bought the big engine.
    I agree with all you said expect for the engine part. These rules will be over come with engineering and technology at a cost to the racers that want to keep up. Keep making rules and the costs will rise long term. Now for the engine part once the engineers and the Chassis builders figure out how to gain everything back those engines will still be on top. Even now a good spec engine to run Wissotta costs 30k. You can not stop people from spending money to get an edge. But what is going to happen now is people will be spending more trying to get an edge because every thing changed. Back before engineering and technology was an everyday thing you could limit racers with rules. But that was long ago before devices like you are using to read or respond to this post. How much does your smart phone cost today vs 15-20 years ago?
    Last edited by onlyfacts; 01-01-2018 at 09:20 AM.