Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    Fella I GUARANTEE you that I am better fabricator than you, I know that because I am the best there is at what I do .... 12.75 and 13" are not 1/2" apart ... maybe you are using special Muslim math with an abacus ... taking a rear deck from 55 or 56 down to 47 is going to slow the cars down on big fast tracks where you stay in the fuel 2" makes a big difference and we're talking more like 9". You can get the same exact amount of rear steer and mechanical loading of the LR with the reduced hike only the car isn't going to have the wedge effect to produce the massive downforce. The slower the cars are the easier it is on motors and the better it is for everyone. This new rule is a great start
    My second post was supposed to say 12 3/4 - 13 1/4 and for that i apologize. But no body said anything about the other stuff your rambling about. Again you clearly Just like arguing. And since you broke out the CAPS im gonna concede keyboard warrior.

Fella I GUARANTEE you that I am better fabricator than you, I know that because I am the best there is at what I do .... 12.75 and 13" are not 1/2" apart ... maybe you are using special Muslim math with an abacus ... taking a rear deck from 55 or 56 down to 47 is going to slow the cars down on big fast tracks where you stay in the fuel 2" makes a big difference and we're talking more like 9". You can get the same exact amount of rear steer and mechanical loading of the LR with the reduced hike only the car isn't going to have the wedge effect to produce the massive downforce. The slower the cars are the easier it is on motors and the better it is for everyone. This new rule is a great start
    You cant get the same mechanical loading. The higher it goes, the more load. Doesn't matter if it is bars or springs doing the lifting.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

If they really want the cars to stop rolling over, they gotta look more at the right front and the nose. That's the cause of most flips.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

alright , i have read all this and other threads concerning this subject and i have come to the conclusion its al BS , If your skeered , find something else to do , because to me , going backwards is not good , yall have at it .........

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    alright , i have read all this and other threads concerning this subject and i have come to the conclusion its al BS , If your skeered , find something else to do , because to me , going backwards is not good , yall have at it .........
    Since we already started down that slippery slope, I don't think this is all bad...
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

So you’d be ok with just saying the heck with it and returning to the full wedge cars?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    If they really want the cars to stop rolling over, they gotta look more at the right front and the nose. That's the cause of most flips.
    Ya hear a lot of them guys say, the nose caught, ripped the wheel outta my hand, or she dug in etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    My second post was supposed to say 12 3/4 - 13 1/4 and for that i apologize. But no body said anything about the other stuff your rambling about. Again you clearly Just like arguing. And since you broke out the CAPS im gonna concede keyboard warrior.
    He’s the greatest at everything, just ask him. Sounds familiar

Masters how do you figure ? And load You are adding to the left rear dynamically is coming from somewhere else. If you can't add sufficient load through lifting you can just start with more static load. You can absolutely have the same rear steer and dynamic load under the new rules MINUS the enormous aero downforce you are losing. The name of the game is having the fastest car under a given rules package. The same guys generally are going to win but less downforce tilts the playing field towards guys with insane car and throttle control like pierce and Bloomquist

Masters how do you figure ? And load You are adding to the left rear dynamically is coming from somewhere else. If you can't add sufficient load through lifting you can just start with more static load. You can absolutely have the same rear steer and dynamic load under the new rules MINUS the enormous aero downforce you are losing. The name of the game is having the fastest car under a given rules package. The same guys generally are going to win but less downforce tilts the playing field towards guys with insane car and throttle control like pierce and Bloomquist
    You are right. Load comes from the other corners, inertia, CG movement, aero force, etc. The game is getting the right weight in the right places at the right time. You won't get the same amount of ultimate load on the lr unless you place a bunch of static there. Now you changed the other corners. Not the same.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Just move the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) shock and spring back in front of the LR. Doesn't cost anyone a dime.

The question is, are we trying to eliminate roll overs or the need for a big spread bore engine? The roll overs are caused by getting a lot of side bite and the high center of gravity. Some or a lot of droop has no effect, other than the little raise in the center of gravity, minus the down force it provides to keep all wheels planted. If that down force is planting that left rear, it actually helps to keep from rolling over. That dynamic loading on the left rear, comes from thin air or any static loading.

So down force does not cause roll overs. The roll overs are much like team cattle roping. First the splitter digs in and the center of gravity kicks it in the a&&. Other than the center of gravity going up with the hike, hike has little to do with setting right front too low or setting center of gravity too high. The question now is, what are they going to do to regain the lost side and forward bite, they just lost on the droop rule? You got it higher center of gravity and more roll overs. If it was as simple as, limiting droop limits center of gravity height, this rule might be a winner, but they are for the most part independent from each other.

If we was serious about this, we would limit the splitter so it wouldn't dig in and make sure there was no ruts and suggest a lower center of gravity. You can't mandate a center of gravity because it would be impossible to enforce. The other thing, I have against this droop rule, is it should be accepted by all series or none. Universal rules helps the regional guys, when they try the big time. Having to run different rules costs money and it's hard to keep book on setups. This rule might be good for the SN series, if the racers didn't run anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Ya hear a lot of them guys say, the nose caught, ripped the wheel outta my hand, or she dug in etc.
    Just making the nose straight and level would help that. They’re more c0ckeyed than a crosseyed hooker with a limp these days.

Is it just a coincidence that a lot of the roll overs lately started more often with the use of the air shock??

Quote Originally Posted by MBR Performance View Post
    Just move the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) shock and spring back in front of the LR. Doesn't cost anyone a dime.
    It would be *maybe* two months until somebody figured how to make that work the same as a spring and shock behind.

Quote Originally Posted by ClampedUp View Post
    Is it just a coincidence that a lot of the roll overs lately started more often with the use of the air shock??
    It’s not just Rockets flipping.

Its all easy to fix via rules. Its all been hashed out on here to the inth degree.

The question still remains, do they want to slow the cars down that much and impact the racing and their product?

Always look at these things / rules as a product, are you impacting what your selling? if yes, you have to be careful. So there lies the question.

Personally, i could care less about rollovers, fires, safety in general. This is racing, and its not safe, you cant mandate to be so, so get over it. Although, the speed comes with a price, and currently the cars are costing more than the payouts, that's a surviveabillity problem in the long run. The various series needs to address.

Just say no...

Rocket isn't the only one to have an air shock and they weren't the first. They as usual were the first to marketed it and make money off of it. Second the air shock is just another way of getting your droop load much in the way you would arrive at it with a dual stage or a soft spring on bump stop deal. It is effectively another way to skin a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    It would be *maybe* two months until somebody figured how to make that work the same as a spring and shock behind.
    It's already been done.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Is there currently a rule that has anything to do with nose height from one side to the other?