Thumbs up Malvern Bank Super Late Model Series 2018 Schedule... Knoxville Raceway September 15.

Malvern Bank Super Late Model Series
    http://www.slmrdirtseries.com
    2018 Schedule

Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

I think it's a great addition to the LM nationals final and Jay Burdic's Malvern Bank Super Late Models Series.

Sept. 15: 15th Annual Lucas Oil Late Model Knoxville Nationals finals plus MBSLM Late Models presented by Casey's General Stores
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    I think it's a great addition to the LM nationals final and Jay Burdic's Malvern Bank Super Late Models Series.

Sept. 15: 15th Annual Lucas Oil Late Model Knoxville Nationals finals plus MBSLM Late Models presented by Casey's General Stores
    Yup, great series and a very good addition to the LM Nats.
    I live with fear, but sometimes she lets me race.

I guess I'm the only one confused.

Lucas Oil Late Model Nationals plus MBSLM Late Models?

Where's the plus? I would assume super late models mean super late models; so how can you run 2 different shows of supers on the same night.

If it's co-sanctioned, how on earth can they only co-sanction Saturday night?

I'm very confused. Any one have any answers for me?
    "The Wise One"

Quote Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
    I guess I'm the only one confused.

Lucas Oil Late Model Nationals plus MBSLM Late Models?

Where's the plus? I would assume super late models mean super late models; so how can you run 2 different shows of supers on the same night.

If it's co-sanctioned, how on earth can they only co-sanction Saturday night?

I'm very confused. Any one have any answers for me?
    SLMR series runs a rule package that allows anyone to run. Open motors run plates and added weight. Most of the guys run some type of Spec motor though.

It’s no different than Cedar Lake running NASCAR/Wissota Late Models during USA Nationals.

just my uniformed opinion...

there are a bunch of great racers around iowa that can't afford to attempt to make the big show, so they watch from the pits or stands. the Malvern bank series has put together a rules package that has allowed lower budget late model racers to compete in an extremely entertaining regional series. and Saturday nights Knoxville show will benefit from the additional races.

again, just my opinion, but this is a good thing.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

It might be a top 20 in points invite only. What I heard at least.
    Just a Sportmod racer at Nelson Boys Racing.

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    just my uniformed opinion...

there are a bunch of great racers around iowa that can't afford to attempt to make the big show, so they watch from the pits or stands. the Malvern bank series has put together a rules package that has allowed lower budget late model racers to compete in an extremely entertaining regional series. and Saturday nights Knoxville show will benefit from the additional races.

again, just my opinion, but this is a good thing.
    And you are absolutely right.

Quote Originally Posted by 93Nelson View Post
    It might be a top 20 in points invite only. What I heard at least.
    It is. They had 16 guys/gals last year that didn’t miss a race. Then probably another 6 that missed 1-4 races.

This is a really good deal. Smart move for The Late Model Nationals.

A series that's sponsored by a bank, shouldn't have to worry about money drying up. I like it.

It's good that they have a support class again. I just wish it were sprint cars or something other than a different class of late models.

So if they only invite the top 20, will they merely draw for starting position and just add 1 race for the evening or will they qualify for their starting position? Or has any of that been announced? How many laps for their feature. I’m just glad to see them add something to Saturday night be it lates, mods, stocks, etc. Now they’ll raise the gate though, I’m betting. We’ll see.

Admission price still the same on Knoxville website

Default slms

it would be cool to see 360 sprints compete. i know not every late model guy in the country is a sprint car fan but as a crew member it was neat to see the 305s that they ran the first couple of years. when you work on one full time you dont get the chance to see other races, at least you can mark off sprint cars at knoxville raceway.

At Wuss.

Nothing has been set in stone yet as far as format and such. I’m guessing it’ll be the standard SLMR format where guys draw for heats to set the lineup. I’ve been told there will be at least 3 added races to the Saturday night card. A typical SLMR feature at Knoxville would be 20-25 laps. They really don’t run anything more than that at a normal show, depending on track size. The A main at Knoxville will pay a minimum of $400 to start, which is a normal pay out.