Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by FastEd95 View Post
    Had kind of a weak year - made it to 47 shows at 25 tracks in 4 states - lots of weather problems throughout. Jackson, MN - 5 Fairmont, MN - 5 Davenport, IA - 4 Independence, IA - 3 Boone, IA - 2 Cresco, IA -2 Farley, IA - 2 Dubuque, IA -2 Algona, IA - 2 Webster City, IA - 2 Lansing, MN - 2 Spring Valley, MN - 2 East Moline, IL - 2 Britt, IA - 1 Burlington, IA - 1 Knoxville, IA - 1 West Liberty, IA - 1 Tipton, IA - 1 Marshalltown, IA - 1 West Union, IA - 1 Columbus Junction, IA - 1 Kasson, MN - 1 Montevideo, MN - 1 (new track) Fountain City, WI - 1 Menomonie, WI - 1
    FastEd, I've been to the Kasson, MN racetrack but it's been over a decade since the last time. It's a county fairgrounds, isn't it? Do they race there on a weekly basis and what are the divisions?

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    FastEd, I've been to the Kasson, MN racetrack but it's been over a decade since the last time. It's a county fairgrounds, isn't it? Do they race there on a weekly basis and what are the divisions?
    Yes, it's an old fairgrounds, the Dodge County Speedway. Sadly, they're down to just one race a year now, at the fair in July. They haven't had a weekly show that lasted the entire season for quite a few years. I hope they can keep running the fair race - this year they had a nice field of USRA Mods and B-Mods and an excellent racetrack for only running once a year. Back in the '70s and '80s, Kasson was "the place to be" in southern Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by FastEd95 View Post
    Yes, it's an old fairgrounds, the Dodge County Speedway. Sadly, they're down to just one race a year now, at the fair in July. They haven't had a weekly show that lasted the entire season for quite a few years. I hope they can keep running the fair race - this year they had a nice field of USRA Mods and B-Mods and an excellent racetrack for only running once a year. Back in the '70s and '80s, Kasson was "the place to be" in southern Minnesota.
    Thanks for the update. It's sad that they are down to just one race a year. It is a nice, well kept facility. We were there last around 2000 or 2001 IIRC. At that time we happened to be in Rochester over a summer weekend and ventured west over to Kasson. Glad we did.

Around 35 races this year. 2 new tracks, Smokey mountain and golden ilse. Was supposed to make it to Macon, but it got rained out and we couldn't go to the make up date.

This was always my favorite kind of thread on this board.

Lets see 4 at Arizona Speedway (New track)
    3 Screven Motor Speedway
    2 North Georgia
    2 Virginia Motor Speedway
    3 Modoc Raceway
    2 Senoia Raceway
    2 Dixie Speedway
    1 Rome Speedway
    1 Laurens County Speedway
    2 Lavonia Speedway
    1 Dublin Motor Speedway
    1 Carolina Speedway
    2 Volunteer Speedway
    1 Crossville Speedway
    1 311 Motor Speedway
    1 The Dome at Americas Center
    1 Travelers Rest Speedway
    1 Cherokee Speedway
    1 Volusia Speedway
    1 Dirt Track at Charlotte
    1 Florence Speedway

34 shows. 9 states.
    Last edited by flagone; 12-29-2017 at 09:53 PM.

Worked full time this past summer well into October...made my second voyage to the Prarie Dirt Classic. Made one trip to Plymouth, WI to help out fellow 4m'er Adam Janke with his SLM. I think I was at Shawano about five nights... I worked most Saturdays until 8pm.

With two local tracks now gone (Oshkosh and Manitowoc) you would think the racing scene is down but we will have the new track in Chilton (Gravity Park) and there are rumors the 1/2 mile at Antigo may come back if only for a limited schedule.

Outagamie Speedway at Seymour is alive and well and that's good.

Still planning on running my old Mastersbilt in 2018 at Shawano... might use the # 4M if I can score a $100,000 sponsorship from Blackie...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

I went to 35 races at 23 tracks .. went to 3 new tracks (Spoon River, Wheatland, Attica) .. not too bad since I spent about 5 months out of country due to work.

I never keep track of where I went but was as far as San Diego but none can compare to what I seen dam near in my oun backyard... As CIRF said... Sycamore!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post

Still planning on running my old Mastersbilt in 2018 at Shawano... might use the # 4M if I can score a $100,000 sponsorship from Blackie...
    With all the hrs. you put to the grind stone.... 100,000 grand should be no problem to put up for yourself... but I'm willing to help out. 😎

I raced 22 nights.
    21 circle/1 rally race.
    2 states/5 tracks
    Stuart, Boone, Bloomfield, Eldon, Osky rally race (Iowa) Bethany (Missouri)
    10 top 5s
    15 top 10s
    4 heat wins
    Best year I had even though I went winless this year.
    Lead 24 of 25 laps at a $1,000 to win show at Stuart. Lost by half a car.
    Finished 3rd at the Ron Little at Stuart.

Spectator at Knoxville LM Nats. Wednesday show at the Super Nationals, and a figure 8 race at Indianola.
    Last edited by 93Nelson; 12-30-2017 at 08:47 AM.
    Just a Sportmod racer at Nelson Boys Racing.

Quote Originally Posted by 93Nelson View Post
    I raced 22 nights.
    21 circle/1 rally race.
    2 states/5 tracks
    Stuart, Boone, Bloomfield, Eldon, Osky rally race (Iowa) Bethany (Missouri)
    10 top 5s
    15 top 10s
    4 heat wins
    Best year I had even though I went winless this year.
    Lead 24 of 25 laps at a $1,000 to win show at Stuart. Lost by half a car.
    Finished 3rd at the Ron Little at Stuart.

Spectator at Knoxville LM Nats. Wednesday show at the Super Nationals, and a figure 8 race at Indianola.
    Rally racing looks like it would be crazy fun. Was it?
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

jealous of most of you.. hoping 2018 I'll get out more

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Rally racing looks like it would be crazy fun. Was it?
    It was more of a redneck rally race, not like what you see in tv. Haha. I wish it was. It was the first time they did it and had 130-140 cars so up and it was a blast! Lost the heat race by a bumper after starting last. Broke a inner tie rod in the bmain after hitting a implement tire. They started like 40 cars in the main and it was chaos.

Some of the guys didn't take the air bags out. Some of the jumps were sharp so it created a rough landing. They were setting air bags off during the races. Man that was hilarious.
    Just a Sportmod racer at Nelson Boys Racing.

Race count was down in 2017 only 65 shows. North East was hit with a lot of rain in 2017. No new tracks in 17 but thats gonna change in 2018
    Like I told ya, What I said, STEAL YOUR FACE RIGHT OFF YOUR HEAD!! (Grateful Dead)

Quote Originally Posted by 93Nelson View Post
    It was more of a redneck rally race, not like what you see in tv. Haha. I wish it was. It was the first time they did it and had 130-140 cars so up and it was a blast! Lost the heat race by a bumper after starting last. Broke a inner tie rod in the bmain after hitting a implement tire. They started like 40 cars in the main and it was chaos.

Some of the guys didn't take the air bags out. Some of the jumps were sharp so it created a rough landing. They were setting air bags off during the races. Man that was hilarious.
    That sounds like a hoot and a half!!

39 events at 19 tracks.
    Port Royal - 9
    Lernerville - 5
    Eldora - 3
    Eriez - 3
    Florence - 3
    PPMS - 3
    Sharon - 1
    Raceway 7 - 1
    Wayne County - 1
    I-55, Pevely - 1 new
    Lincoln, Il - 1 new
    Quincy - 1 new
    Fayette Co., Il - 1 new
    Macon - 1
    Farmer City - 1
    Highland - 1
    Marion Center - 1
    Dog Hollow - 1 new
    Fremont - 1 new

Didnt do much this year compared to the last couple years. Started at Screven before going to Volusia for the last night of sprints and all the LM shows. Went to Potomac 3 or 4 times and thats it. Hope to get back on the road again next year

I would rate the racing in this area average/poor last year ....Other than a few big shows ... I was bored with the low car counts & didn't go alot ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Because of my job this year and working a lot of Saturdays it was by far the lowest attended races for me since I can remember. Don't have a count but i'd say around 20 shows. I did finally make it to Charlotte for the first time so that made up for it seeing the big block mod guys for the first time was pretty cool as well.