Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Your 2017 Race Season - How was it? How many races, New Tracks, ECT....

Your 2017 race season?
    How many races?
    Any New Tracks and how was it?
    How many different States did you go to a race?

- - - - -

43 Races at 15 tracks in 4 states.
    Track - State - Number of Races at that track

01. Brownstown Speedway - Indiana - 1
    02. Chicagoland Speedway - Illinois - 1
    03. Dirt Oval at Route 66 Raceway - Illinois - 4
    04. Eldora Speedway - Ohio - 4
    05. Fairbury American Legion Speedway - Illinois - 9
    06. Farmer City Raceway - Illinois - 3
    07. Hartford Speedway - Michigan - 1
    08. Kankakee County Speedway - Illinois - 2
    09. Kokomo Speedway - Indiana - 4
    10. LaSalle Speedway - Illinois - 3
    11. Lincoln Park Speedway - Indiana - 2
    12. Lincoln Speedway - Illinois - 1 - New Track for me: USAC Midgets / UMP Summer Nationals.
    13. Montpelier Motor Speedway - Indiana - 2
    14. Plymouth Speedway - Indiana - 2
    15. Shadyhill Speedway - Indiana - 4
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

These are just the dirt late model events we attended except for Fairbury where we included the open wheel shows. There are about 10 other non-dirt late model shows that we attended, as well.

The best all around dirt late model show we saw all year was at Sycamore.

Farmer City-Illinois-5
    Macon-Illinois-4
    Fairbury-Illinois-8 (including the 3 open wheel shows, please don't hold it against me)
    La Salle-Illinois-4
    Kankakee-Illinois-1
    Sycamore-Illinois-1
    Peoria-Illinois-1
    Tri-City-Illinois-1
    Jacksonville-Illinois-1
    Lincoln-Illinois-1
    Last edited by CIRF; 12-28-2017 at 04:30 PM.

Went to 3 races.

I think I made it out 40+/- times counting drag races. Entertaining year all round and the Lucas at duck river getting moved to Sunday was a huge bonus. My new tracks were Boyd's and Rome. State were Al. of course, MS, TN, and GA. Hope you guys get to see all the racing you want in 18

Made it back to Fairbury for the 1st time in yrs and it was good time!! This year besides Fairbury I went to Attica 5 times Eldora for all the Late Model shows. Florence 3 times Mansfield 3 times, Muskingum twice, Atomic, Oakshade, Wayne County once. Had plans to do the Ohio speedweek and it was pretty much all cancelled. Looking for more traveling this coming yr. Staring with Arizona I was out there 3 yrs ago and then east bay week.

52 Races at 16 tracks in 4 states which ended with the Dome. The only new track was Route 44, formerly Union County/Whitewater in Indiana.

Looking forward to next season, but since the hangover was re-scheduled to Saturday; I might get one more race in this year.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

40 races 24 different tracks 6 new tracks (ponderosa, florence, lincoln, fairbury, jacksonville, and knoxville) 6 states best race i seen would be a tie between florence spring nationals and lawrenceburg indiana midget week

53 races at 19 different tracks.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

I had some health issues about the first half of season and only made it to 4 races. 2 at Lernerville and 2 at PPMS.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

had a pretty normal season 62 races at 19 different track in 4 states. not doing as many longer road trips and staying more around home tracks of tri city motor speedway and merritt speedway much more. trying to enjoy our place up north more often which is ok with me. most of my travelling days are pretty much over compared to a few years ago. seems harder and harder to do the longer road trips the older I get. still looking forward to my annual trip to florida for speedweeks though.
    Last edited by old84; 12-29-2017 at 08:17 AM.
    lifetime racetrack counter: 126 tracks 11 different states

I attended 6 races this year. Eldora was 3, Went to the April late model race, World 100 and 4 crown on Saturday. Waynesfield went in June, then August to the Hewitt, and then to the big Sprintcar race.

I stopped counting at 24. I usually write them down as I go but I slacked off this year. Visited a lot of tracks all over the place though and a few new ones. Tracks with a * were first time tracks for me.

Tyler County Speedway
    Ohio Valley Speedway
    I-77 Raceway Park
    Atomic Speedway
    Skyline Speedway
    Portsmouth Raceway Park
    Midway Speedway
    Legendary Hilltop Speedway
    Mansfield Motor Speedway *
    Eldora Speedway
    Bedford Speedway *
    Virginia Motor Speedway *
    Fairbury American Legion Speedway *

Not many races this year at all, due to lots going on at home, work and church (all much more important to me than the races). I did hit 3 at Bowman Gray Stadium, went to 311 speedway twice, and while on vacation up north, made it to a NASCAR modified tour race at Stafford Conn, where I got to see Ted Christopher race one last time.

Only made it to a couple shows myself this year with so much going on but it was a pretty diverse season. Unfortunately only made one dirt late model show. Chili Bowl (1st time), Eldora - USAC Sprint & WoO Sprints, Lernerville - WoO Late Models, Bristol- NASCAR Modifieds and Trucks, Perry- Asphalt Modifieds My best friend starting running the NASCAR modified tour a couple years ago so naturally Im being pulled in that direction. My New Years resolution is to get back to a couple big dirt late model races in 2018. FALS is number one on my list, never been. Any advice/suggestions for tickets & camping?
    Last edited by amusall; 12-29-2017 at 07:43 AM.

went to 60+ races in 5 states, and went to 2 new tracks.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

61 races (New Track Record) in 10 states; OH, KY, GA, VA, NC, TN, IN, SC, AL, FL @ a total of 26 different tracks/venues. (GA, VA, and FL were all new race states)

Had a really good mix of Sprints, Midgets, Late Models, but a ton of NASCAR races this past year. (#ThanksLarson)

New Tracks: Martinsville Speedway, Friendship Motor Speedway, Atlanta Motor Speedway, Homestead Miami Speedway, Freedom Hall (Arenacross), US Bank Arena (Arenacross), Montpelier Motor Speedway, I-69 Gas City Speedway, & Kokomo Speedway.

Race of the Year: April 15 * Schaeffer’s Spring Nationals Series Late Models $5K to win Florence Speedway winner: Brandon Overton
    1st Runner Up: Oct 29 * First Data 500 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Martinsville winner: Kyle Busch
    2nd Runner Up: Aug 11-12 * “35th Annual Sunoco North/South 100” Lucas Oil Late Model Series $50K to win Florence Speedway winner: Tim McCreadie

Driver I saw win the most: Kyle Busch (6)
    2nd most: Scott Bloomquist & Brandon Overton (4)
    Several tied for 3rd with 3 wins including Kevin Thomas, Jr. in 2 different cars within a month.

Most races at one track: Eldora (10)

Personal highlights were seeing Christopher Bell win 2 truck races and win the championship; and being able to do 3 nights of Midget Week all at new tracks for me, which was part of 6 straight nights of attending races. (with not one vacation day taken. O.O )
    "The Wise One"

Typical year, I had 42 races in this year, with a couple rainouts, in OH, PA and IA.

New tracks were in Eastern PA area: Williams Grove, Lincoln, Path Valley, Hagerstown (MD) and Grandview.
    Fell in love with The Grove instantly and I will go back. I highly recommend any of those new ones to anyone, esp if you are a 410 winged sprint fan. The PA Posse are awesome hosts and great fun to hang out with, made new friends every night at every new track I went to.

Best performance I saw all year was 32 BP transfering out of the Bmain at the Dream.
    Honorable mentions to 14 Bell racing up to 2nd in the Royal (just needed a caution) and to 57 Larson winning 3 in a row vs PA Posse.
    Closest finish was Dave Blaney edging out Chad Kemenah at the line, out of the last corner at AtomiKC Speedway.
    Best night of racing action was at Lincoln speedway: Dietrich, Hodnett, Abreu and Rahmer put on quite a show during their 1st PA speedweek race.
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

Fairbury, IL (3), Sycamore, IL (2), Grundy, IL (14), Tri-City, IL (2), Rt 66, IL (1), Oakshade, OH (1), Slinger, WI (1) (new track), Boone, IA (1), Marshalltown, IA (1) (new track)

Made it to 46 races at 30 different tracks. Attended races in 10 different states with 12 of them new tracks. Made it to my 200th different track lifetime in September at Plymouth Speedway in Plymouth,IN

Had kind of a weak year - made it to 47 shows at 25 tracks in 4 states - lots of weather problems throughout. Jackson, MN - 5; Fairmont, MN - 5; Davenport, IA - 4; Independence, IA - 3; Boone, IA - 2; Cresco, IA -2; Farley, IA - 2; Dubuque, IA -2; Algona, IA - 2; Webster City, IA - 2; Lansing, MN - 2; Spring Valley, MN - 2; East Moline, IL - 2; Britt, IA - 1; Burlington, IA - 1; Knoxville, IA - 1; West Liberty, IA - 1; Tipton, IA - 1; Marshalltown, IA - 1; West Union, IA - 1; Columbus Junction, IA - 1; Kasson, MN - 1; Montevideo, MN - 1 (new track); Fountain City, WI - 1; Menomonie, WI - 1.
    Last edited by FastEd95; 12-29-2017 at 12:41 PM.