Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I'd have to see it. I remember running second, 2 weeks in a row, to a better driver with a monoleaf car back in 2001. I wanted to kill myself. LOL
    I was there turnin wrenches.......more to it than just monos, but still!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    but thats what the crate cares were suppose to do , limit the cost of the engines so like cagefaraday said , the have nots would have a chance , look how that turned out .......
    Your comparing apples and oranges, crates were an attempt to force everyone to spend the same on engines and a very liberal minded progressive approach in my book. I don't advocate for rules that stipulate that everyone run exactly the same thing of anything, that always leads to cheating. I'll try one last time to help you see the light, but its up to you if you even want to. You simply write the rules so the cars can't hike up excessively and have a maximum body height rule all the way around so they can't roll the car over on the nose without tearing it off. What this does is "Un-Hook" the car so you can't hook up 900HP anymore. Without traction it becomes really stupid to spend $45K on an engine that you are unable to take advantage of. Why buy 900Hp, when you can only use 700HP? If I were writing the rules, first I'd say limit the hike to 2-3 inches above ride height. Second I'd make the body height rule of 6 inches maximum all the way around the car. Third, I'd put in an RPM limit and make the ignition boxes claimable. Now you can buy whatever you want, spend whatever you want, but the car will only let you take advantage of so much.

The crate idea could've been something decent for the very low budget teams had they kept the purses low enough, instead of going head to head with super purses. Now its a Frankenstein monster, that is under powered and over hooked and regularly scalped by professionals looking to pad their income stream. Dumb, dumb, dumb. If you want to have a low budget class, you can't call it "Pro" late model and offer huge purses and not expect people to spend whatever is required to win. But again they are over hooked, so power/speed by any mean$ nece$$ary i$ a mu$t.

To me its not about limiting spending, its about making that spending less fruitful. Be as creative as you want to be, but you have to fit it in this box.
    Last edited by CageFaraday; 01-04-2018 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CageFaraday View Post
    Your comparing apples and oranges, crates were an attempt to force everyone to spend the same on engines and a very liberal minded progressive approach in my book. I don't advocate for rules that stipulate that everyone run exactly the same thing of anything, that always leads to cheating. I'll try one last time to help you see the light, but its up to you if you even want to. You simply write the rules so the cars can't hike up excessively and have a maximum body height rule all the way around so they can't roll the car over on the nose without tearing it off. What this does is "Un-Hook" the car so you can't hook up 900HP anymore. Without traction it becomes really stupid to spend $45K on an engine that you are unable to take advantage of. Why buy 900Hp, when you can only use 700HP? If I were writing the rules, first I'd say limit the hike to 2-3 inches above ride height. Second I'd make the body height rule of 6 inches maximum all the way around the car. Third, I'd put in an RPM limit and make the ignition boxes claimable. Now you can buy whatever you want, spend whatever you want, but the car will only let you take advantage of so much.

The crate idea could've been something decent for the very low budget teams had they kept the purses low enough, instead of going head to head with super purses. Now its a Frankenstein monster, that is under powered and over hooked and regularly scalped by professionals looking to pad their income stream. Dumb, dumb, dumb. If you want to have a low budget class, you can't call it "Pro" late model and offer huge purses and not expect people to spend whatever is required to win. But again they are over hooked, so power/speed by any mean$ nece$$ary i$ a mu$t.

To me its not about limiting spending, its about making that spending less fruitful. Be as creative as you want to be, but you have to fit it in this box.
    Sorry , still cant see it new member , but carry on ............

This chain is just so the capital cars can keep up as they don't lean as much as the other cars,the higher you get the lr and lower you get the rf the faster you go,most turn overs are getting to one another or the wall not this chain deal ,if you don't want them to lean put the leafs on, this rule has already cost him the race at Boyds.

I’ve already been overwhelmed with requests for my spring rated chain. Each link is +$60 each. You do the math. This is another rule that back fired already. Some of the links are over $100
    Shocks by BGR army

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by james white View Post
    This chain is just so the capital cars can keep up as they don't lean as much as the other cars...
    ...so said the rocket dealer.

Gray who are these people inundating You with requests for your guidance and parts ?? Surely the are prolific winners and you would be proud to name names ...

Quote Originally Posted by CageFaraday View Post
    ...so said the rocket dealer.
    So Highwayman, Leafmaster, etc, etc, etc, James White is a Rocket dealer? Capital ain’t keeping up with anyone, not just your favorite chassis brand.

Okay Brian Gray, here's an easy enough question. Who is your supplier? There are 2 patents on spring rated chains, and I'm involved with both companies. It's not like it's a secret who they are, so please elucidate!

that's ok he will just hand you a piece of chain.

Obviously they will be checking the chain ...

Elucidate - make (something) clear, explain.

You're welcome.

man , I cant believe it , I sat and watched all the late models at the ice bowl this week end and not one of them flipped without the droop rule , maybe they all just got lucky, i dont know , maybe some one on here can " Elucidate" this.......

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosis View Post
    Okay Brian Gray, here's an easy enough question. Who is your supplier? There are 2 patents on spring rated chains, and I'm involved with both companies. It's not like it's a secret who they are, so please elucidate!
    I doubt you’ll get an answer on this, but we’ll see.

Not one car flipped in Arizona and the racing was great with 50 cars for 5,000 to win without a droop rule. Guess when Ray actually has his first race with 15-20 cars and no big name drivers this will all go away. Pretty sure it will go away or Rays series will go away. One or the other.

Did any cars burst into flames this weekend? Have any cars burst into flames since the extinguisher rule was implemented? I really don’t know, I only read here but it seems like someone would have posted that the dirt LM onboard system saved a life. Do we need the rule?

If you guys don’t want to run the series don’t run it, or cheat the chain like we do with everything else in the sport. I’m almost positive that no tech person has enough sense to bounce the LR to see if it stretches. I wish I was a smasher so I could drive these LM sprints.

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    Obviously they will be checking the chain ...
    They don't have anything to check it with, unfortunately. You could load this chain all you wanted and you'd never know it has any spring effect whatsoever. It's VERY stiff, and really only provides any dampening at the extremes of loading.

They don't have anything to check it with, unfortunately. You could load this chain all you wanted and you'd never know it has any spring effect whatsoever. It's VERY stiff, and really only provides any dampening at the extremes of loading.
    So even if you use it you won't gain back the height you lost, just a little dampening at full travel.

Anyone can make a spring steel chain.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Anyone can make a spring steel chain.
    Sure can, but make it the same strength of high quality chain AND able to dampen a specific frequency range (fairly wide) very effectively? That's a very tough proposition that fortunately material science has caught up with, and only very recently. Hopefully people won't infer that this was developed for anything racing related, because it's intended application couldn't be further from racing.