Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirt on Dirt

Default Dirt on Dirt

Just saw the email this morning that the price was going up another ten buck on automatic renewal. $99.99 a year.
    Sorry DoD, you have outpriced your usefulness for me. Was questioning if it was worth it at $89. Definitely not worth another ten dollars for occasional info on racing when there are still so many other avenues of intel. Plus it still costs more for ppv.

It will be a year in Feb for me not having it I havent missed anything..if they would throw in some live races here and there with the subscription it would be well worth it. Not even the crown jewels just some good shows throughout the year. Its not that the price would set me back but why when I can find the same info somewhere else for free...

I quit my dirtondirt subscription back in 2015 I think it was like $79 back then. I still get a lot of info cause most track do facebook live for big events and some like Eldora have done whole races on them for free. Also 4m does go work for us getting results fast.

I had my subscription canceled when they charged me for the Gateway Nationals PPV and I was actually in St Louis at the race. Sitting in section 117 of turn 4 at the dome, i was pretty confident i didnt order the PPV. Lol. My wife gave me tix for an early Christmas present. They were jerks to me and canceled my subscription! I did get a PPV refund tho..... which i should have since i was at the race and didnt order it. Wont miss Dirt on Dirt one bit! Especially with the rate increase!

Big Late Model fan here.... I said goodbye a few years ago and now I'm sure I won't be back. Good luck to them tho. Ain't worth it to me.....

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    It will be a year in Feb for me not having it I havent missed anything..if they would throw in some live races here and there with the subscription it would be well worth it. Not even the crown jewels just some good shows throughout the year. Its not that the price would set me back but why when I can find the same info somewhere else for free...
    This is my complaint. I'm a member and pay monthly but when I want to purchase an event like the Gateway nationals I have to pay the exact same price as jimbob next door who's never given a dime to DOD subscription.

Hands down, the best thing to ever happen in the Dirt Late Model media...

$99/year is still a giant bargain.

The people/staff involved with DoD are nothing but giant Late Model fans themselves, and found a fantastic medium for all of us to enjoy our sport even more.

Thanks Michael, Amber, Todd, and all the rest of the crew, for all you have done for us fans.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Weak_Links View Post
    This is my complaint. I'm a member and pay monthly but when I want to purchase an event like the Gateway nationals I have to pay the exact same price as jimbob next door who's never given a dime to DOD subscription.
    That's what we do. Just pay for the individual races. I don't think the full subscription is really worth it.

This is not going to be an easy decision because I do like DoD just not sure as the price keeps going up if it's worth it to me.

i always find my info somewhere else can't afford dod never missed having it

I too pay monthly, but have been questioning keeping it. You can usually find video, and results elsewhere free as mentioned above.

funny thing is with dirt on dirt they could still do the ppv but give the subscribers who pay 99 a year a break and give them a choice of maybe a one event ppv for free. for example say World 100 on Saturday. Then you could charge half off all other ppv races.

I had been doing an auto pay. It just renewed on the 13th of December and I noticed it was 89 and change. Two weeks later I get the email that it goes up another ten bucks. Nope, sorry. I too would like to see a ppv race or two for my yearly subscription. Otherwise all the info can be found elsewhere. They haven’t cornered the market.

I have never been able to afford it...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

The fact that you guys are bitching about $8.33 a month is hilarious...

Quote Originally Posted by TMaCiLLiNi39 View Post
    I can feed a kid in Africa for pennies a day. People don't pay for subscription services very often. We are predisposed to accept ads so that content is free. People cut the cord every day. $90/yr, 8.33/mo, $3000/lifetime, it doesn't matter how you slice it.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    I agree with you on that, reward system being loyal to them. I use do year to year myself, But last year I went 2 or 3 mths without it, then pick it up for mths or so. dec, Jan. I don't see it being worth it and should be half price or free before speed week. Nothing really going on them two mths, March is when most racing start really picking up cross the nation.

I don't know why they don't do free live podcast on YouTube. They could make some money off that and pick new subscribers. I would think right now they would do more live casting talking to drivers getting off season info on drivers. What drivers/crew chiefs/chassis builders think about new rules, new events, ect.

I find DoD indiscernible if I want to follow the sport to the degree that I want. They talk about making good money and they are entitled to a reward for the great job they do, but I don't see the need for the increase unless there are significant increases in content being offered. The fans that have supported them should get a break for helping them get off the ground. And I agree with the masses here...subscribers should get a deep discount on PPVs. Even RacinBoys does that.

All I want to say is that guy in the little pink car did an awesome job trying to save it. Happy New Year !

Quote Originally Posted by TMaCiLLiNi39 View Post
    Are you going to buy it for everyone then? Definitely not in my budget.