Thread: LR Shock

Default LR Shock

I see a lot of people run a stiff compression lr shock. Just wondering why wouldn't that just make it looser off. Any info is appreciated. Thanks

It makes it very very loose on entry off the gas, complete junk in my opinion if your talking a shock under 300 bucks but some guys make it work.

Thanks for the info. What shocks would you recommend on a metric car stock car driver?

I would call bob harris and get the best you can afford.

He has some jri base valve that I put on my modified and were absolutely game changers, like a different car. I had a lot of different high $ shocks but bobs were the best..

Important to note I resisted using his stuff because I didnt like him or his son. They are local to me.

WHAT Stock car driver you didn't like somebody just messing with ya. He gives some good advice sometimes you just have to swallow your pride. I am the same way hate for somebody to make money off me that I don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    It makes it very very loose on entry off the gas, complete junk in my opinion if your talking a shock under 300 bucks but some guys make it work.
    I build my own bilsteins with COB pistons and run it upside down. Got some valve stack numbers from Bilsteins for coil bind shocks, I run it at about 300 psi. It’s been nothing but good to me.

I build my own bilsteins with COB pistons and run it upside down. Got some valve stack numbers from Bilsteins for coil bind shocks, I run it at about 300 psi. It’s been nothing but good to me.

What does running a shock upside down do for you???

SHAKINGMYHEAD

Stock Car I think he meant the COB Piston Upside down I do this on mine depending on what corner. It's A spring loaded plate that can close off to one side so you don't build force on the opposite side. Kind of like a check valve. Works great on a RF or LR depending on what you wanna do without spending a ton of money

Quote Originally Posted by 7uptruckracer View Post
    Stock Car I think he meant the COB Piston Upside down I do this on mine depending on what corner. It's A spring loaded plate that can close off to one side so you don't build force on the opposite side. Kind of like a check valve. Works great on a RF or LR depending on what you wanna do without spending a ton of money
    Sorry my bad. The piston itself is upside down from what it usually is used for (tie down). Most of the bilsteins we used to run were digressive, and they had bypass shims that could be used to change the resistance at different speeds. I think actually these are where the digressive behaviour comes from. The Check on by-pass piston would use the bypass shim to let fluid by and push down on the plate and seal off the center portion of the shock which slows down the speed/increases the force needed to push the fluid through the remainder of the open orifices. You can’t get way too crazy with them because they aren’t anything too special, but using the right combination of pressure, and valve shims, you can get pretty decent numbers from them. The nice thing is the cost. They are so cheap to work on, and so cheap to make, and because I’m using them on dirt, my bump rates are much softer than asphalt, so my right front doesn’t need 1600# of rebound dampening force to keep that corner down. I have been able to get them up to 800# though. I have made some of my own shims with a buddies help and talking with the tech team at Bilstein seeing if I could use them for what I wanted to do, they said yes pointed me in the right direction and they’ve been absolutely great. I’ve actually never ran a shock physically upside down.