Question Question for the engine guys.

Can the carb shops convert a gas carburetor to alcohol? Or do I need to buy another carb?

your carb can be converted, but don't do it.you may want to go back to gas.i have had great results with quick fuel

we bought the kit from BG and did ours our self , turned out great , but you still have to know how to tune it , as with gas , JMO....

My 750 DP is an early BG carb that was a converted gas carb. I'm in the process of rebuilding it right now.

You need to enlarge the boosters and booster channels in the metering blocks to about .180. Larger jets, squirters, accelerator pumps all need to be installed. Actually fairly easy once you do it.

Lots of info on you tube and speedtalk.com.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

A good carb shop can do it for a reasonable amount. It'd be done right and you won't risk an expensive engine that obviously costs more than the carb work.

your right 50j , if you dont have confidence in your ability , then best to let some one that knows do it , but remember , you still have to fine tune it to your application , seen a lot of engines hurt from a carb built by a professional that was not tuned properly once on the engine........

A wise man is always smart enough to know what he doesn't know. Nobody will get the same results with internet instructions and normal tools that an experienced professional who has done hundreds or thousands of them would get. With experience one finds things that would normally be overlooked and a pro has the right tools for the job, whatever the subject would be. DIY is fine to save money sometimes, but if those hours were spent working you oftentimes come out money ahead. JMO

At the same time of you don't take the first step you will never accomplish anything... Delving into my old BG alky carb has taught me so much that I'm ready to tackle a complete conversion myself.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Better run it first...

that is what you do , run it , if it aint right , then you learn what to do , at least thats how i have approached racing , now if you have the money and dont care about gaining knowledge , then yes , buy you a professionally built carb and go racing , but even then , you better know a little bit about jetting and power valves and such , or you might want to pay that pro to go with you and help......