Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocket/Pierce

Default Rocket/Pierce

Does the xr1 make Bobby look bad or does Bobby make Rocket look bad?

Neither, too early to judge in my opinion. There's no doubt in Bobby's talent and the results show that Rocket is a good piece. Just give 'em some time, I'm sure Bobby will get a handle on it.
    Tyler Williams, Announcer for the Southeast Dirt Modified Series, co-host of The Half Priced Concessions Podcast - available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, TuneIn, YouTube and on www.anchor.fm/HPCpodcast

Are we serious? He has ran 6 races, 3 of those he ran in the top 5, and you're concerned about this team already? The Bobby nay sayers are proving how good this kid is by expecting him to go out west and win all 6 events.

LOL come back and ask that in 6 mouths... Think they be happy at what they did over the last week...

I am not a Pierce fan at all but this is just crazy that people want to consistently bash certain drivers, Pierce ran fine and will win some races with team and will be just fine. This is the perfect example of what is wrong with our entire country. Once upon a time even if you didn't like someone you still had morals and didn't talk someone down all the time. We don't have enough drivers and teams the way it is, no need IMO to talk anyone down.

20th to 6th or 7th the last night on a track that is air dependent for the cars to handle. Pretty good weekend I would say for being in a brand new car with a brand new team. SMH
    Race tracker-- RAIN and COLD "killing me smalls"

Another Pierce thread? 17 pages of crap wasn't enough? Sheesh! No wonder racers quit the sport!

Quote Originally Posted by intel8 View Post
    Another Pierce thread? 17 pages of crap wasn't enough? Sheesh! No wonder racers quit the sport!
    I highly doubt anybody has ever quit the sport because of 4M.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Both are proven commodities. They just haven't quite meshed yet. He was worse than I expected against a so-so field, but it will come.

Default How did it happen?

How did this deal come together? Is there a national team on the major circuits running a Pierce chassis? The triangle of Pierce, Rocket and D/B had to take some work. B-Shepp proved that a short track racer from the Midwest can make the transition to a major national circuit. I would guess that B-Shepp had some input into Bobby's ability. How did Rocket become a major player in this deal?Why didn't D/B go with a Pierce Chassis? Bob now a Rocket dealer? Lot of talk about shocks. Will Rocket demand his shocks(Rocket) be installed on the cars that Pierce sells. How much help can Bob give customers that buy his Rocket cars? As you can tell I am not an insider on any of this or I would not be asking these questions. Interesting to me because there has been so much chat about what is going on.

Wow, 20th to a lap down in 7th....All that & only 11 or 12 cars finished the race. That is impressive.......There are more deserving drivers than a spoon fed primadonna that is Bobby Pierce. I watched guys during these six races in Arizona, get in cars that they had never been in before & perform well. EPJ, Ricky Thornton Jr., Pat Doar, just to name a few. They all got in cars that they had never been in before these races & made shows. They just didn't have the $$$$$$ behind them that Pierce has. Given the same equipment that Pierce had, I would have bet money they would have been in the top 3-5 every race. So tired of everyone saying that Bobby needs time to get use to the XR-1, that is crap. Racecar drivers drive whatever is available & the ones that are good shoes can drive ANYTHING!!!!

If I recall a member or two on here who shall remain nameless saying no one cares or will remember where you finished unless your winning the race.

Nobody was concerned with the mediocre results of the DB car the last 3 years, but they're on it like flies on (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) now. Things that make ya go hmmmm.
    8/13/16

Bloomer needs to start racing so we have someone else to talk about. I'm guessing Pierce is the 2nd most loved or hated driver now. I think its great for racing!
    Race tracker-- RAIN and COLD "killing me smalls"

What did epj do the last few years nothing, I'm sure DB will be more than happy with Bobby because they couldn't get much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Nobody was concerned with the mediocre results of the DB car the last 3 years, but they're on it like flies on (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) now. Things that make ya go hmmmm.
    New deal was promoted heavily on social media by D/B and Pierce. Pretty big deal really. Some remarks were uncalled for. Conspiracy Theory? LOL

So after all these comments we still have no answer as to why little Bobby ain’t doing as good as he did do? I ain’t bashing nor am I promoting him, just assumed with his ability and Rockets knowledge they would be better than what he was?????Rocket ain’t sharing???? Bobby ain’t adapting??? Something??? Last race I seen him run in the Dome he won!

I repeat...he did finish 4th in points all things considered...2 blown motors...new car...new team...i think they did pretty darn good

I talked briefly with Bob in the hot pits on Wed. night, and he said aside from the motor issues,they were happy with the XR1 so far.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtRaceJunky View Post
    Wow, 20th to a lap down in 7th....All that & only 11 or 12 cars finished the race. That is impressive.......There are more deserving drivers than a spoon fed primadonna that is Bobby Pierce. I watched guys during these six races in Arizona, get in cars that they had never been in before & perform well. EPJ, Ricky Thornton Jr., Pat Doar, just to name a few. They all got in cars that they had never been in before these races & made shows. They just didn't have the $$$$$$ behind them that Pierce has. Given the same equipment that Pierce had, I would have bet money they would have been in the top 3-5 every race. So tired of everyone saying that Bobby needs time to get use to the XR-1, that is crap. Racecar drivers drive whatever is available & the ones that are good shoes can drive ANYTHING!!!!
    Will One thing to think about the only car he has driven is his dads car up to now...Most of the other drivers you speak of have been in a lot of cars.. Bobby has only been in one the hole time he has raced LM..