Default Kentucky Lake Speedway

I came by there yesterday and was surprised to see the large building and the track still there. I thought a company bought it and was going to tear it down and use the area for parking. Is that still the plan? From the quick glimpse I saw from the highway it looked like a pretty nice track.

the state ended up with it, the locals up there killed any hopes of it surviving, they literally hated the track and racing there, more of a retirement area by the lake and the sound carried along way because of the lake area

I thought the state was putting in an exit ramp that was going to run right through the pits and really had nowhere else to feasibly move the pits. But I have no actual knowledge of that, just hearsay.

I always thought it was a beautiful facility. I only raced there once at the beginning of its first full season open (1998 I think). Always wanted to get back there more recently, but they were drawing like 6-8 LM's and I didn't want to take the chance of getting down there (a six hour drive for me) only to find they cancelled or something.

I believe they still keep a Facebook page, mainly sharing info for other races/tracks.

It looks to be all there. The ramp took some of the pits. Can't tell from the highway for sure.

Another thing I didn't realize was how close it is to Paducah Raceway. Did they ever get things going again there? I see they have it listed on summernationals schedule.

Paducah will reopen in march

The buildings and everything will eventually be bulldozed. The insurance company wouldn't touch the track with the right of way being about 50 ft from the grandstands/smaller building. The land behind the track is wetlands, plus the overhead powerlines ruled out shifting the grandstands to the backstretch and expanding the pit area. Unfortunate situation really.

Quote Originally Posted by willyt View Post
    Paducah will reopen in march
    Why??????.

So they can close again!!!!!