Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ford vs Chevy engines

Unlimited budget. Which engine is a better engine to put in a late model
    Last edited by lvillefan1928; 01-19-2018 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lvillefan1928 View Post
    Which engine is a better engine to put in a late model
    I’m curious to see the responses here..........but in talking to people who have ran both the fords seem more durable and seem to be smoother under acceleration.

I'm a Chevy guy but Ford is pretty good when it comes to running on dirt. I know guys who are diehard Chevy to the grave but they have a Ford race engine.

The best is what you can afford... I ran Fords in my sportsman cars long ago just because I could.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

me to krooser , won several races back in the 90,s before the "N" head came out with some 2brl aussi cleveland heads on a 351 windsor block , had to make my own spacers to use the cleveland intake , those were fun times......

Yeah really, what you can afford.

If money is no problem the RY-45 Ford is the deal. Very powerful and durable. Durham or Roush.

Just say no...

Unlimited budget..? Heck I got about 6 of them bad boys. Be it chevy or Ford. Different tracks, different motor combo's.

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    me to krooser , won several races back in the 90,s before the "N" head came out with some 2brl aussi cleveland heads on a 351 windsor block , had to make my own spacers to use the cleveland intake , those were fun times......
    We used 2bbl heads slightly massaged on a Cleveland block.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

The Ford D3 setup is the way to go because it’s dramatically lighter than the RY setup.

I don't know a lot about the difference but when owens was really strong he ran a cornett ford they seemed really strong

There's not a nickel's worth of difference in the two engines so get the best value for the buck. The winning drivers would still be the winning drivers even with engine swaps.

It would be real interesting to know the weight of each engine combination. I thought the RY45 would be lighter than a D3 Ford.

The Ford D3 is far superior. It takes Josh Richards from loser to winner..... has done so multiple times and as recently as mid 2017. Its no wonder the WoO sprint car officials hooked on mega average won't allow it. They would rather make Ford Motor Company spend two fortunes trying to come up with something ordinary enough so their ocean of sbc lovers don't get their feelings hurt... and then have the lack of class to say its to keep costs down.
    Last edited by minthess; 01-23-2018 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by minthess View Post
    The Ford D3 is far superior. It takes Josh Richards from loser to winner..... has done so multiple times and as recently as mid 2017. Its no wonder the WoO sprint car officials hooked on mega average won't allow it. They would rather make Ford Motor Company spend two fortunes trying to come up with something ordinary enough so their ocean of sbc lovers don't get their feelings hurt... and then have the lack of class to say its to keep costs down.
    Did you forget he held the point lead early with a Dargie Chevy? Dargie is just a small builder here in Ohio, with nowhere near the sources that Andy has, i find that pretty impressive. Losers do not lead the points of a major touring series. He struggled, then made the switch yes, but he was not a loser.

I feel like you have Ford emblem posters plastered all over your garage wall, instead of half naked women like most of us probably do on here.

Josh Richards is a loser unless his car has a Ford engine? LOL! There goes another clean pair of Depends!!!!!

That was a daily chuckle...

Didn't Ford pull out of NHRA a few yrs ago? Does that make John Force a loser also?
    Last edited by MI Dirt Fan; 01-23-2018 at 11:24 AM.

Josh is a super talent. Love watching him race. He was losing most races instead of winning most of them and he was losing the championship instead of leading it until the moment he put the ol D3 in her. So thankful for the whole Richards clan. Beautiful race cars and rigs, wheels polished to a mirror finish, the best chassis and most importantly smart enough to run the good stuff under the hood The only team in all of professional dirt track racing truly giving it their best with good taste and style.

Well now, sounds like you should send him some roses, you got him all buttered up !

Just say no...

I like cars and awesome engines...... not dudes and people pick on me for it

LOL haha.

I wish i could afford one of them awesome Fords.

I agree thou, once he got the Fords he took off, wasn't slow before but you could tell a difference.

Just say no...