Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dublin Motor Speedway - Dublin, North Carolina

The rumor mill is not indicating anything positive on the future of this track. Has anybody heard anything of a positive nature?

jog, hearing the same thing you are...the sound of silence. Interestingly, in a recent DoD article, 2017 ULTIMATE series champ, Tyler Millwood, credited Dublin with 'teaching him how to backsteer.....'

I have heard rumors that they are not running this year, too. I have noticed there is no Dublin race on the Ultimate schedule this year. And I heard their car counts were getting small at the end of last season. So, it doesn't look good for Dublin. Sorry.And I've heard Clary's Speedway up in Brinkleyville is in the same boat. They had an Ultimate race on the schedule last year that didn't materialize due to rain. I had heard a rumor that Dublin might take Clary's spot in the I-95 Challenge. So, that's the only positive news I've heard as far as Dublin in concerned. The I-95 challenge seems to be in limbo.

From What I Hear Dublin Is Closed County Line Cuts Its Schedule Clarys Closes And Lake View To Reopen For Few Events .

The plan is for LakeView to race on Fayetteville's open dates....about once per month. Maybe LakeView could become part of the I-95 schedule

Wow has Dirt racing in NC got that bad? I know it's been on a downturn in SC. Thought County Line was the place to be. Videos I've watched of that joint always had great racing. Why the cut back on schedule?

I have a date at County Line and we are still trying to find a second one. I don't know if they have really cut their schedule as much as they are waiting on some things to develop or come out pf limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    I have a date at County Line and we are still trying to find a second one. I don't know if they have really cut their schedule as much as they are waiting on some things to develop or come out pf limbo.
    Thanks for the info. I've been to a few races at County Line & thought they usually had a good car count, good fan support & ran a good show. Should be better if Clarys shuts down.

Dublin was to have two Ultimate SLM Series races in 2018 but gave up those dates which were grabbed by Fayetteville. An acquaintance went by Richard Bailey's shop last week and asked the question to him, point blank, and the answer was not good. Sort of sad considering what we are left with...........

The races I saw at County Line were always pretty good. The season finale a few years ago with Kelley's Ultimate Series group there and the open mods was, perhaps, two of the best races I've ever seen in the same night.

I don't think County Line is cutting back. They released a tentative working schedule last week. Looks like they are adding Mini Late Models.https://www.facebook.com/countyliner...type=3&theater

This is what happens when you try to compete with tracks that have been well established in their communities. Sad thing is Dublin was a heck of a lot more racier than the track right down the road. I however feel like racing is still healthy in the eastern part of N.C. I just wish Fayetteville wouldn’t get locked down feature time.

" I just wish Fayetteville wouldn’t get locked down feature time. "

They use to say there were two things guaranteed......death and taxes. There are actually three! LOL!

I wish you guys would sanction the Race for the Kids on October 20th. It's earlier than usual this year. You have it as a tentative date on your schedule. I went to the race in 2016. It was a great race when Ultimate sanctioned it.Never mind. I see that is going to be a FUEL race again.
    Last edited by AHydro23; 01-21-2018 at 09:02 PM.

We tried to work it out but CLR won't be having Supers again this year for that event.

It’s so frustrating. Honestly wish they would disk it up and repack it come feature time. I couldn’t tell you the last time I have seen a car come from say 8th and win there

Dublin's a sad story...at the end, it had everything except fans and race cars. It's better, it's racier, etc, don't matter if nobody supports it. At the end, nobody did. Sure, there's an assortment of facts and reasons, and things may could have been done differently, but, it's closing can hardly be a surprise.

The "RATTLESNAKE" has finally bit DUMPLIN.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Three tracks in the same general area, two with crappy racing surfaces and one that is top shelf. One closes down and it's the best one. Dublin always ran neck and neck with The Dirt Track at Charlotte in regards to track record qualifying speeds and in only the most recent years has Charlotte edged slightly ahead in times, but not by much. Both tracks were the same size but Charlotte's shape might have been slightly better for achieving high speeds in qualifying with it being a bit more oval. Mike McLaurin did a great job in 2004/2005 when he rebuilt the track. It's a shame for it to sit idle or be closed but the best case scenario, considering all the strings attached, is for it to be operated (not leased) by the family that owns the property.

We tried to work it out but CLR won't be having Supers again this year for that event.
    That's too bad. Fans don't want to spend big $ to see limiteds. They want supers.And I agree with what others have said. Of the 4 tracks along I-95 in NC, Dublin was the best & raciest. County Line would be second. Clary's is rough on your stuff. And there is NO passing at Fayetteville. None!