Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speedweeks

Default Speedweeks

Who is coming down and for what tracks?

Not sure yet about GIS!

I'll def be at Eastbay, Friday and Saturday and Bubba on Sunday!

And I'll be at Volusia at least 3 nights!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Default Come on down

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post

Not sure yet about GIS!

60 degrees and sunny this weekend.

Hoping to be at Screven, bubba and Volusia again this year

Not sure yet about GIS!

Sort of mimics my schedule. Skipping Golden Isles but doing all week at East Bay, Bubba on Sunday, and 3 or 4 nights at Volusia.

Last night at volusia for late models and then 500... Plan on scalping tickets for 500 unless someone at volusia is willing to sell pm me.

Flying into Tampa, Florida early in the day on Friday February 9th.

Attending Bubba Raceway Park for the POWRi National Midget events on Friday Feb. 9th and Sat. Feb. 10th.

Attending the LOLM event at Bubba Raceway park on Sunday Feb. 11th.

Attending the DIRTcar dirt late models and WoO dirt late models & big block modifieds at Volusia Raceway Park on Monday Feb. 12th thru Wednesday Feb. 14th.

Attending the USAC National 410 Wingless Sprint Car events at Bubba Raceway Park on Thursday Feb. 15 thru Saturday Feb. 17th. Get to see our old friend Jack Hewitt while we're in the Ocala area.

Heading to the Keys on Sunday Feb. 18th to spend 4 days on Islamorada to do some fishing and general R&R.

Sadly, we're flying back home on Feb. 22nd.

Hopefully the weather cooperates and has all the bad stuff out of the way by the time we get down there!! According to friends and Family that live and winter down there it's been miserably cold off and on all winter in The Sunshine State.

GIS, North Florida, East Bay, Bubba

LM events

Eastbay not sure what days yet. Maybe Volusia. Have to see what my money situation is.

If my work schedule Falls right I plan on going to Golden Isles

GIS - Screven- New Smyna, World Series of Asphalt Racing- Volusia

I will be at home hoping you all post on here and letting me know what going on.....

GIS, maybe night 2. Going to wait and hear about track conditions. Screven, don't plan on getting there till 9pm, they mite have the track run in by then. East Bay, Volusia, Bubba's.... yep, just not sure, what days and going which way.

We'll be at GIS and Screven.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post

Attending Bubba Raceway Park for the POWRi National Midget events on Friday Feb. 9th and Sat. Feb. 10th.

Attending the DIRTcar dirt late models and WoO dirt late models & big block modifieds at Volusia Raceway Park on Monday Feb. 12th thru Wednesday Feb. 14th.

Attending the USAC National 410 Wingless Sprint Car events at Bubba Raceway Park on Thursday Feb. 15 thru Saturday Feb. 17th. Get to see our old friend Jack Hewitt while we're in the Ocala area.

Heading to the Keys on Sunday Feb. 18th to spend 4 days on Islamorada to do some fishing and general R&R.

Hopefully the weather cooperates and has all the bad stuff out of the way by the time we get down there!! According to friends and Family that live and winter down there it's been miserably cold off and on all winter in The Sunshine State.
    If you had to pick between the midgets or usac at Bubba, which one puts on the better race. im going to break away one night to watch one of those.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post

Is the King of the 360s at EastBay the same week as the WoO at Volusia?

Will be at Volusia the entire week. my 25th anniversary of going to speedweeks.
    lifetime racetrack counter: 126 tracks 11 different states

Quote Originally Posted by old84 View Post
    Will be at Volusia the entire week. my 25th anniversary of going to speedweeks.
    That's awesome. I'm so jealous. Congrats, and have a great time!

My bride just cancelled her Feb. vacation in Apopka... her brothers joint. I could have joined her but I have some parts to buy. No vacation if I hope to run this year.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

If you had to pick between the midgets or usac at Bubba, which one puts on the better race. im going to break away one night to watch one of those.
    To my knowledge the midgets have not raced at BRP so there really is no past references with which to compare. If the midgets have raced at BRP it was well before Bubba The Love Sponge bought the track.

We've attended BRP for nearly every USAC Sprint car event they've ever run down there going back to the first time USAC had it on their schedule and the racing has been consistently very good. Not saying there hasn't been a couple of bad ones but the overwhelming majority have been good shows.

The ASCS winged 360's will be coupled with the POWRi National Midgets at BRP and we expect there to be a very good ASCS car count but we really don't know what to expect from the POWRi National Midgets. Most of the POWRi guys don't particularly like to travel too far and we're a little apprehensive as to car count. Given this is POWRi's first foray to Florida we'll be there to support the two midget shows on the Speedweeks schedule but they're an unknown commodity at this point.

Bottom line is this, the USAC Sprint Cars are tried and true and definitely dependable at BRP and if I had just one night to attend an open wheel race there, given the circumstances, it would be the USAC Sprint Cars.

Let me know what you decide and if the USAC Sprint Cars are your choice maybe we'll see you there!

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Is the King of the 360s at EastBay the same week as the WoO at Volusia?
    MDF, the ASCS 360 winged sprint cars will be at East Bay on Thursday Feb. 15 thru Saturday Feb. 17th. The World of Outlaw's Late Models and the big block modified's will be at Volusia on those days

I will be home watching race monitor and checking updates. Im excited!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!