Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Racer63 View Post
    What did that car do right before he moved forward? Was it still on the lift?

Tungsten hood pins on the right side? I watched it about five times and still can't fathom what I just saw.....

The crew guy lifted the car at the left rear so it would clear the lift when he pulled off. Rumleys stuff is usually really soft on the rf softer than most

So what would clear the lift? Chassis?

thst sum bitch is way up there

My guess: Super super super soft LR spring rate and super super super high LR shock compression. The car had sat on all 4s so long that the LR frame rail was on the ground. Crew guy lifted the car (easily, by the way, because of the super soft LF spring rate) so that that the shock could hold the car up long enough to get him over the pit lift as he pulled out.
    If he sits too long in the line up shoot and the car ends up down that low he'll just crank the wheel as he gases up to make sure he gets LR hike. Kind of knowing how Rumley thinks, he probably put little wheels on the underslung to make sure it doesn't drag bad but it would still potentially catch and damage a pit lift.

imagine what theyre able fudge out of the body when its like that.

That shows you how much these guys care about scale numbers. With the left rear and right front that soft and the car sitting like that he probably had -200lbs of wedge in the car in the static state. I assume they’ve doing super soft left and right front for a couple reasons. 1 - to lower rear deck height so they can have high dynamic ride height which equals more downforce and 2 - to help soften the left rear over the ruff parts of the track to keep the tire from braking traction (basically what he was doing with the Rumley device).

We never really cared about scale numbers, it was just all we had to compare notes. We didn't realize it. Lol.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    We never really cared about scale numbers, it was just all we had to compare notes. We didn't realize it. Lol.
    Agreed 100% Long before smashers came into the dirt seen i realized that attitude was everything. I knew scales didn't mean a thing but scaling was all we knew