Default West Coast Dirt Late Models

Hello people first post but i look at this site every day for years now and decided to join in.I'm in the desert near L.A. and Bakersfield speedway is my nearest track and hopefully i will be at the 4-14 Late Model opener.My question is is there any DLM series out here anymore and what tracks are running the DLM's at all? Thanks.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Zecol Lubaid View Post
    Hello people first post but i look at this site every day for years now and decided to join in.I'm in the desert near L.A. and Bakersfield speedway is my nearest track and hopefully i will be at the 4-14 Late Model opener.My question is is there any DLM series out here anymore and what tracks are running the DLM's at all? Thanks.
    There Budweiser I-5 Late Model series but that ahs been gone for a while. That was mainly up in the northwest. There is the South West Dirt Racing Association (SWDRA) but not sure if that tour gets anywhere close to where you are. Bad thing about the west coast is there aren't a lot of late models out that way mostly sprint cars. There are some tracks that run them but not many plus there aren't a whole lot of late model driver out that way either. Check out the websites for dirt tracks in California and see which one run Late Model and if there are tracks that are off that night let those drivers and teams know about the race at Bakersfield Speedway.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Santa Maria and Bako is about all there is in southern California and for Super Late Models, well I think Petaluma still has Supers too. There are a few northern tracks that run Limiteds. All but dead out there unfortunately.

Perris runs what they refer to as PASSCAR super stocks. I'm not positive but I believe they are a limited late model of sorts.

I spoke with the general manager of Perris Auto Speedway the last time we were out there for the Turkey Night Grand Prix (November 2012) and asked him if Perris has ever has hosted unlimited late models. He said they tried running them twice and both times there were more people in the pits than were in the grandstands. It's pretty solidly dirt open wheel territory, especially in Southern California.

Go to Perris for the USAC/CRA 410 sprint cars. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Zecol Lubaid, I remember that stuff in the 60s' at Saugus. There ain't much out there anymore as those 2 tracks were home base when I lived out west. We had the Western Dirt Late Model Tour, some of the powers that be ruined that. Then we had the Western All Stars that really took off with Chris Kearns, then some folks, not Chris, ruined that, it has not been the same. Bummer yes.

Why Crates have not taken off out there is a mystery. At the track I announce at, Talladega, we have 4 Late Model classes, dang LM heaven for me.

A bucket list deal for me is to go back to my old home track of Bakersfield Speedway and announce the LM portion of the Budweiser nationals in October.

Late Model Mark
    Talladega Short Track Announcer