Default Mansfield Sprint Car World Championship

I'll be the first to admit I don't know a whole lot about sprint cars. Being from West Virginia, we rarely get to see them except when they run at Ohio Valley Speedway once in a while, I did attend the first race at Mansfield last year and watched the sprints. Haudenshild put on a show. I've been reading up on some sprint news on hoseheads/sprintunlimited etc. before I posted this.

I'm thinking of booking a hotel for the Mansfield $100,000 to win sprint car world championship in late April. I believe it is an unsanctioned race, my question is, will there be a lot of the top tier guys running this race? I think the WoO is in Texas that weekend. How many cars can we see for an event like this? The ASCOC guys should be there right? Like I said, I know nothing about sprint cars compared to late models so any information would be great concerning this event.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    I'll be the first to admit I don't know a whole lot about sprint cars. Being from West Virginia, we rarely get to see them except when they run at Ohio Valley Speedway once in a while, I did attend the first race at Mansfield last year and watched the sprints. Haudenshild put on a show. I've been reading up on some sprint news on hoseheads/sprintunlimited etc. before I posted this.

I'm thinking of booking a hotel for the Mansfield $100,000 to win sprint car world championship in late April. I believe it is an unsanctioned race, my question is, will there be a lot of the top tier guys running this race? I think the WoO is in Texas that weekend. How many cars can we see for an event like this? The ASCOC guys should be there right? Like I said, I know nothing about sprint cars compared to late models so any information would be great concerning this event.
    Is this a winged or wingless event? Either way $100,000.00 to win will draw a lot of cars. If I was closer I'd be there whether it's winged or wingless.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Is this a winged or wingless event? Either way $100,000.00 to win will draw a lot of cars. If I was closer I'd be there whether it's winged or wingless.

http://www.mansfieldmotorspeedway.com/scwc_2018/

Thanks Penn. It is a wing event and as you said it's unsanctioned. The WoO regulars won't be there. At least the top half dozen in the WoO points probably won't. I did a little research into the 2018 schedules for some of the 410 winged sprint car sanctions and found that the All Stars, MOWA and the IRA are not scheduled against this event. There probably will be several cars from the southern Wisconsin/Illinois/Missouri/western Indiana area that will be there.

If they make this deal work it will be the biggest payday for the winner besides Knoxville. If we were closer we'd be there, for sure. I'm not a huge wing fan but this deal could be quite a show.

Most likely the PA Posse and anybody else not chasing points will be there. That's my bet. For $100K you may see some USAC/BOSS/WAR guys strap on a wing and roll the dice.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

Who are some of the PA posse guys that should show?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    Who are some of the PA posse guys that should show?
    Here are a few of the PA Posse guys
    Lance Dewease
    Brock Zearfoss
    Lucas Wolfe
    Freddie Rahmer (son of Sprint Car Hall Of Famer FAST Fred Rahmer)
    Gregg Hodnett
    Danny Dietrich

A lot of the PA Posse guys are usually the one that don't really race at one track during the season; but hit most or all of the big 410 wing races in Pennsylvania each year.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Remove Dietrich, per his tweets yesterday his car owner has chosen Lincoln that weekend.
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

Looks like they could of got a race paying this much woo sanctioned wonder why they didn't.