Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Four crate classes

congratulation,s GM and NESMITH , we now have 4 crate classes at talladega short track (TST) , you guys bank account should be in pretty good shape , there is now only 2 classes left that dont require a chevy engine purchased from you , super,s and hot shots , OH , I forgot , if you want to run a street stock with 2brl stock carb and pull 200 extra pounds , you can run street stock , lol , IROC has finaly made its way to TST...........

limited too

For some reason race tracks dont want FORDS or MOPARS to run with them .

limited at TST is just a super B main now , the winner in limited is nearly as fast as the winner in SLM , and old ford , its home built chevy,s to , GM wants all the money.......

Quote Originally Posted by old17ford View Post
    For some reason race tracks dont want FORDS or MOPARS to run with them .
    It is purely show me the money, Ford or Mopar(who’ve left circle track again I think), haven’t ponied up the dough.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Your right FASTFORD its all about GM wants all the money . The tracks we race at down here they handy cap the FORDS and MOPARS .

Quote Originally Posted by old17ford View Post
    Your right FASTFORD its all about GM wants all the money . The tracks we race at down here they handy cap the FORDS and MOPARS .
    The tracks want the money that Chevy is giving them, if Ford or Mopar(who have left circle track again), ponied up the money, they’d be the motor supplier.

It’s messed up, but the tracks wanna take the money, and Chevy is there to give it for a price. On one hand be grateful, on the other it’s a deal just like the Hoosier ones.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

What happens when GM dumps the internal combustion engine and goes all electric?
    Only in racing does a person knowingly put on a dud show, and then blames everyone else for not appreciating their dud show.

Quote Originally Posted by KAOS View Post
    What happens when GM dumps the internal combustion engine and goes all electric?
    Not going to happen for quite some time, and they make a lot from their performance stuff, so as long as there is profit in it, they’ll keep doing it.

Their goal is to get rid of them in the future I doubt they are making internal combustion engines 10 years from now.
    Only in racing does a person knowingly put on a dud show, and then blames everyone else for not appreciating their dud show.

Even the few little series we have down here handy cap the FORDS and Mopars for some reason .

Their goal is to get rid of them in the future I doubt they are making internal combustion engines 10 years from now.
    I'll take that bet. You been "greenwashed"????

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    I'll take that bet. You been "greenwashed"????
    They are coming just type in GM all Electric and you will see, Clayton you might be right but I think all electric is closer than you think.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's illegal to run a Ford or Mopar in a NESMITH sanctioned race.

take all the purses and roll them into 1 pay out and pay the supers what they should be getting, then if they can't run super there is a lower class called open wheels, or street, and theres nothing wrong with that, its still racing

They are coming just type in GM all Electric and you will see, Clayton you might be right but I think all electric is closer than you think.
    Tesla just set a record of 670 miles on a single charge. Just need to figure out a fast charge system which should be doable in 10 years. The instant torque makes the Tesla cars pretty sporty.

They will always have a performance division.

Is chevy really making a lot of money off dirt racing? If so, I'm surprised, thought they had bigger fish to fry

Quote Originally Posted by IZZOJR16 View Post
    Is chevy really making a lot of money off dirt racing? If so, I'm surprised, thought they had bigger fish to fry
    Of course not off of just dirt racing, racing as a whole. And performance parts in general. Is it comparable to their car sales, I highly doubt it, but it’s money, and keeping your name out there in the motorsports industry. Some of it mixing with their high performance stuff.

They’d quit if it didn’t benefit them. Just as Mopar is outta circle track again.

sorry guys , i guess im a little prejudice , but this is not just a chevy vs ford issue to me , it also effects a part of my lively hood being a engine builder , or any one else that likes the accomplishment of building there own engines. And C n B fan , ford tried to offer a comparable engine and the powers that be said NO , so WTF....... Ford has always been treated this way , in 1972 ford finally finished the cammer 427 after 7 years R&R , niel bonnett took it to daytona in febuary and waxed all the hemi,s and BBC and guess what , next day big bill banned them , just like they claimed it was bobby allison that brought on restricter plates with his wreck , BS , it was bill elliot polishing there azz with that errnie elliott ford HP that did it , so before you say ford turned there back , study the history ........