Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    Tesla doesn't need to turn an immediate profit. Just look at Amazon for an example of a company that never focused on profits and that hasn't slowed them down. Tesla is playing the long game. Electric car sales in 2017 were up 25% from 2016 in the U.S. They still have a long way to go to make a real dent in the market share, but I think it's reasonable to think that in 10 to 15 years electric cars are going to be common. Once fast charging is figured out, they are a no-brainer for the average consumer because they require less maintenance with the fewer fluids and moving parts required to make a combustion engine run. Also, gas prices are going back up with the rising cost of crude. They were artificially low in the last year when the Saudis were pumping up the supply. https://arstechnica.com/cars/2018/01...les-in-the-us/

Tesla isn't going to lead the charge into electric vehicles, they can't even get vehicles out there in a timely fashion.

I honestly think the Tesla's long term goal was getting bought out by a much bigger manufacturer. Thing is, all the big manufacturers have started development of their own electronic vehicles, so the investment in buying Tesla would be pointless.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Tesla isn't going to lead the charge into electric vehicles, they can't even get vehicles out there in a timely fashion. I honestly think the Tesla's long term goal was getting bought out by a much bigger manufacturer. Thing is, all the big manufacturers have started development of their own electronic vehicles, so the investment in buying Tesla would be pointless.
    True. I think Tesla’s real value is in R&D and showing that there is an interest in electric vehicles. The bigger manufacturers are more risk-sensitive by nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Tesla isn't going to lead the charge into electric vehicles, they can't even get vehicles out there in a timely fashion.

I honestly think the Tesla's long term goal was getting bought out by a much bigger manufacturer. Thing is, all the big manufacturers have started development of their own electronic vehicles, so the investment in buying Tesla would be pointless.
    If electricity is 12 cents per kWh — the national average — it would cost $3.48 to go 100 miles

Home charging stations take from 4 to eight hours to fully charge the car.

Fastford do you build any NLMS engines ?

Fords are banned from most tracks because they leave too much iron oxide on the grounds while rusting away, thus polluting the environment. Dodges are also banned because, quite frankly, what is the use of having large boat anchors at a race track?

Tesla doesn't need to turn an immediate profit. Just look at Amazon for an example of a company that never focused on profits and that hasn't slowed them down. Tesla is playing the long game. Electric car sales in 2017 were up 25% from 2016 in the U.S. They still have a long way to go to make a real dent in the market share, but I think it's reasonable to think that in 10 to 15 years electric cars are going to be common. Once fast charging is figured out, they are a no-brainer for the average consumer because they require less maintenance with the fewer fluids and moving parts compared to an internal combustion engine. Also, gas prices are going back up with the rising cost of crude. They were artificially low in the last year when the Saudis were pumping up the supply. https://arstechnica.com/cars/2018/01...les-in-the-us/
    You run out of bond buyers eventually, if no path to profits is in sight.

I don't think it's anymore dangerous than breaking a carb off, rolling upside down and leaking fuel onto the headers, or knocking the fuel pump off the engine in a crash. They have already tested electric midget race cars. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho4xdJvmrnA
    Those are now called "Little People" race cars...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by old17ford View Post
    Fastford do you build any NLMS engines ?
    i did some work for a guy down your way , i think he lived over by tifton , several years ago when NLMS was just starting , but i have not looked at the rules lately...