Article Date: 1/27/2018 by Maria Black

https://www.sprintsource.com/news/?i=56310
Well its been long enough reflecting on our 2018 Chili Bowl effort (mostly just being sick) and wanted to post some of our thoughts. First of all our results show we really were about average for what we've accomplished in the past, but, with that being said we did come along some new ways of thinking set up wise, tech wise and really learned more in one week than we have learned in a few years. Old dogs can learn new tricks!

Anyway the season is right around the corner and i will put a schedule up asap, roughly the Powri Non-Wing Sprint series and some Powri West Midget shows in the mix. The exciting news is that Blackened Motorsports will be joining forces with SJR Enterprises and fielding the #7Jr 360 Non-Wing and the #7R 410 Non-Wing Sprints this season. Both will be Parker Powered and both will be Twister Chassis. The plan is for me to drive the #7R 410 and Robert Black to be the primary driver of the #7Jr 360. Also some guest drivers throughout the season in the #7jr.
Would like to Thank everyone who has helped us along the way to achieve all of this, Scott Benic at Benic Racing, Nathan, Shelly and Brando Simpson with S&S Electrical and Driftwood Contracting, Bob May at MC Electric, Steve May because you're cool, Rick Wilson with Wil-Pav, Rob Lewis Painting, Daniel and Nancy Donovan, Scott LaRue for being a killer fan, Matt Nichols and Gary Campbell from Metal One, and yes my Family Maria, Maggie Belle, Mom and Dad, Robert Black and Damon Black for always having my back! And all you crazies that make the Chili Bowl so fun for us every year!! we couldn't do it without any of you!!