Default Illinois Promoters are a Joke! New Events need our help!

Starting to see more and more schedules getting released and I’m getting more pi$$ed off! None of these promoters work together! Fans are getting screwed because they want to run all of these shows on top of each other! Tony Izzo Jr is bringing a crown jewel Lucas Oil weekend to Lasalle Speedway June 1&2 for $25,000 to win. An event I’m excited as hell to see! And now ive just seen that the Gundakers have scheduled a $3,000 to win Mars race that Friday.....really? Why?!? All this is going to do is hurt car counts and attendance at both tracks! Not to mention Fairbury, Peoria, and Sycamore are all running Super Lates that Saturday!I’m beyond furious about this! These promoters need to work together to bring the fan the best show possible...not schedule against each other! Now a fan is forced to miss something exciting an hour or two away! Especially a first time event like this! Another crown jewel race in Illinois should be praised and supported by everyone! I urge everyone to contact their local promoters and tell them to pull their heads out of their rear ends and work together! No reason tracks can’t take a weekend off to help support one another! United Midwest Promoters my A$$! What is everyone’s thoughts on this?

I doubt any of the Mars guys would have went to LaSalle, they need a place to race too. I get what you're saying about promoters working together, but each track can't shut down because LaSalle is paying $30,000. The fans have a choice to go to either place, hopefully both tracks do well with car counts and fans.

Now the fans have good choices
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

I don’t see a problem with any promoter in this scenario. Lasalle running a 25k to win race 3 hours from a 3k to win race at Tri-City will not have any effect on each other.The weekly shows at Fairbury, Sycamore, and Peoria would only have like 5 cars combined that would show up to the Lasalle race.

I just don't see this as hurting either track really. Mars guys wouldn't travel Lasalle. May pull a few of the UMP guys that are being honest about were they should be running anyway.
    Race tracker-- RAIN and COLD "killing me smalls"

Two tracks at different end of the state sounds like a good deal to me

It would have been nice to see fairbury take the weekend off from supers. Unzicker and weaver would probably have come

IL promoters are far from being a joke. They do a pretty dam good job of working with each other most of the time. Its going to happen that a few date's will conflict, thats part of it.
    Last edited by Mindwalker; 01-29-2018 at 09:19 PM.

It is not a problem at all. There are plenty of cars and fans for both shows. It also gives more racers a shot at a decent payday.

I can only think of 2-3 STL drivers that would have maybe gone to LaSalle. Kloos, Gundaker, and maybe Manville.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Live in PA for a while and you certainly won't think that IL promoters are a joke anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Live in PA for a while and you certainly won't think that IL promoters are a joke anymore.
    Or the Mid Ohio Valley area.

we have a lot of tracks in ILL... not really sure what you expect promoters to do...

I think Illinois promoters do a great job. We are blessed to have so many wonderful tracks in this state. The poster seems to be jealous. I don't think it will make any difference in car or fan counts at either track. That is quite a haul between these two tracks. If the tracks all took off when another track has a special event, we would only get to race a time or two at each track.

One thing that ILL. Has is great tracks may not have much else here, but dirt racing is at its best here BAR none....

Nice 1st post.......those 2 tracks are a long way away from each other.

Honestly there shouldn't be a super race in the country that pays less than $2500-$3000 a night for what it costs to run them. So I see the race at granite as just a normal night....... (Props to Tri-City) Could you imagine being a fan 4-5hrs away from Lasalle, on a work day and Lasalle being the only track running?? C'mon man.... use your friggin head....

I never knew Illinois had so many crown jewel races!! Hot dam!!! 😂

If you have a problem with FALS, it should be that they scheduled a WoO sprint car race on Wed. May 30th. Many people don't have the budget for 2 special shows in a week, and FALS will win that in my book every time.