Default th350 first or second

get a weight break for th350 so want to try one. i can get gears that work for both first and second gear. is there a difference or a preference? also is there any issue with it moving to third if it is placed in second (heard that once)?
    stock components are required. any tips on good stock stuff to keep it together?
    thanks

Have done both ideas with no issues in Enduro, Pure Stocks, and Street Stocks. Only reason you wouldn't use drive that I can think of, if set up to run 1 or 2, is the final drive ratio would likely be too high.

in either gear it will eventually break the ears off inside the clutch paks. Other than that there will be no difference. If possible, gear for high gear, that is the most efficient gear on any transmission.

The turbo 350 should stay in 2nd gear until you manually shift it into 3rd. Cant remember how much more but its heavier than a glide is. Don't know how much weight break you are getting.

I ran a th350 for 2 years in low gear, hated it! Would smoke the clutches in 2 nights. Yes I was running an oil cooler! It's your call. Just my two cents.

Take the wave plates out between the clutches and add another clutch or 2 to make up the difference in the clutch pack, boost the pump pressure with a couple of washers and put a manual valve body in it if you are going to run one.