Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

20k to win on anything more than 50 laps.

Stop with 50 lap 3k to win races, i believe those races should be 25-30 laps max.

Bring back more 100 lappers.

Three things:

1-Start the show at the published time. If you can't start on time how will you ever be finished at a decent hour?

2)Announcers-PLEASE give starting lineups during down times. How many shows have we all attended when the heat race is over and dead silence. Then as the cars come out for the next heat race, the announcer starts giving the lineup.

3)I don't need to hear the next wannabe contestant on "The Voice or American Idol" trying to impress with their version of the National Anthem. Sing it like it was written in the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    4 wide salute has gotten too popular and should only be held at a few events each year. I'm tired of going to a $3,000 to win late model special and having a 4 wide salute when the start of the feature is past 11:00.
    The four wide salute along with long drawn out driver intros have run their course for sure.

Tracks should race 3 weeks per month instead of every week.

Limited late model engines should be all steel and smaller c.c. Size.

All heat races, including late models should immediately end if three cautions come out.

Bring back late 90s early 2000s bodies.

Ban double decker trailers.

No backup cars allowed

Never more than two provisionals and they should always be reserved for the top two in time trials that didn’t make the feature regardless of series regular or not.
    Last edited by weatherman85; 01-31-2018 at 07:58 PM.

no provisionals no more than 3 classes on week night 4 on sat no crate anything headline class feature should be on track by 10:30pm.. esp touring series that bring in the occasional fan

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Qualifying should not exist
    YES yes yes

[QUOTE=bleedblue55;2163478]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdirtfan View Post
    That a racing program shouldnt last longer then 3 1/2 hrs. Many seem to think its getting your moneys worth to sit until 2 in the morning[/QUOTE
    Exactly
    Nothing good happens after 11:00

Quote Originally Posted by RiffRaf67 View Post

Winged Sprints are the best dirt race division.
    Since that secret meeting when they made the "no touching" rule, winged sprints have gone seriously down hill

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    End the four wide bit.
    Bring back more 100 lappers.
    Cut and water the tracks better (Sitting in a dust filled grounds and getting covered with dirt at the top of a covered grandstands is unacceptable).
    End the Crate Class totally and return these racing teams back to the late models, super streets, or Modifieds.
    Don't run too many classes, that way you don't have to start racing in the afternoon to get done by midnight.
    End front wheel drive classes totally.
    Pay the Late Model class at least $1500 to win if not more.
    Charge a dollar or two more to the general admission and add every penny it to the purses of all classes.

Oh and if you are a track interviewing the winner of the feature in every class and taking up over a half hour of time doing this, how about stopping it? No interviews after races except in specials events.

Oh and one more thing PLEEEEEZZZZZ!!!! Just play a good recording of the National Anthem and leave it at that!!! SO tired of having to endure someone singing it!!!! hahahahaaa
    Seven pretty good ideas. Others not so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
    Three things:

1-Start the show at the published time. If you can't start on time how will you ever be finished at a decent hour?

2)Announcers-PLEASE give starting lineups during down times. How many shows have we all attended when the heat race is over and dead silence. Then as the cars come out for the next heat race, the announcer starts giving the lineup.

3)I don't need to hear the next wannabe contestant on "The Voice or American Idol" trying to impress with their version of the National Anthem. Sing it like it was written in the beginning.
    Three good ideas

For those of us who are night owls, A LOT of good things happen after 11!! I agree with the majority of these things. My biggest issue is with too many classes! Less classes lead to more timely shows! And the cars shouldn't look the same! Some racers are drawn to a class by competition, but many run from it and change classes!!

1. Scales should be installed at all snack bar windows, and if the red light comes on, you should not be allowed to order cheese nachos or pork sammies.
    2. Alcoholic beverages should be served in the pits. Drivers are encouraged to bring your own bottles of Fireball to drivers meetings.
    3. The Hoosier trailer should smell like a guided tour of a Dow chemical plant.
    4. All lie detector tests will be conducted by a representative of the Clinton Foundation.
    5. Impact guns are banned. All teams must use a 4-way.
    6. The water truck will participate in all main events. Starting position determined by pill draw.
    7. All track announcers must have a blood alcohol level of .2 or higher and be of Cajun descent.
    8. All slide jobs must include some wall contact, or it will be deemed illegal.
    9. Programs that go past 2am must include free breakfast.
    10. All cars that stop on the track then miraculously restart after the yellow has come out, must bolt on 200lbs of ballast before returning to the race.

I too am a crate hater. With the realization that those cars are not going anywhere I've began to hate the separation of the crate engines into classes. No reason to run a 602 and 604 class on top of a "crate" class. Throw 525's in there too. Run them all in 1 class and regulate with tires, weight, or spoiler.

I enjoy street stocks and mini mod/super pony nearly as much as slm.

I like to attend the 72 hours of Phenix City, for some stupid reason.

There should be a full bodied truck class.

More of us should appreciate the sport compact class. I'm not talking weekly fwd, skate board wannabe drivers with junk cars and the windows beat out. I'm talkin sport compact racecars like they run at the 12k$ race at screven. Never seen them in person but I believe it would be entertaining.

I also wish there was a class with 112" wheel base, unlimited cubic inch and power train. No power adders. 70 series radial tire. Would that be fun?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    1. Scales should be installed at all snack bar windows, and if the red light comes on, you should not be allowed to order cheese nachos or pork sammies.
    2. Alcoholic beverages should be served in the pits. Drivers are encouraged to bring your own bottles of Fireball to drivers meetings.
    4. All lie detector tests will be conducted by a representative of the Clinton Foundation.
    6. The water truck will participate in all main events. Starting position determined by pill draw.
    7. All track announcers must have a blood alcohol level of .2 or higher and be of Cajun descent.
    10. All cars that stop on the track then miraculously restart after the yellow has come out, must bolt on 200lbs of ballast before returning to the race.
    I'm nominating you for promoter of the year!
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    Your first rule should only apply to fans that FAIL a weight limit when crossing the scales installed at the concessions exit!!!! hahahahahaaa

Kratom should also be a new concession stand item!!!

Ban all beer and liquor sales at race tracks.

End Lucky Dogs. They are ridiculous for dirt racing.

Quote Originally Posted by high groove19 View Post
    My unpopular opinion would be to have more 100 lap races. I love when you have comers and goers through out the coursr of a 100 lap race. Also I used to love the mandatory fuel stops at half way. But thats just me...
    If they would allow more than one tire choice where a guy could "Gamble" you would see it in shorter races as well. I said that when they started all the 1 tire to rule them all rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    4 wide salute has gotten too popular and should only be held at a few events each year. I'm tired of going to a $3,000 to win late model special and having a 4 wide salute when the start of the feature is past 11:00.
    Yes! Especially when you only have enough cars for 3 rows of 4 wide

[QUOTE=Hoosier;2163645]
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post

Nothing good happens after 11:00
    That's what she said!!!