Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 63
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    685

    Exclamation Threats from Modjr

    Anybody else get a warning about their language? I was asked to stop misspelling words to bypass the profanity filter. I said I would if she'd fix the word C0CKPIT from being in the filter. She threatened me with being banned. My response was "FIX IT or BAN ME". Don't get me wrong I'm glad they've run off some of the trouble maker trolls, but nit picking words and answering requests with threats is not cool. If this is where we are headed I'll take the ban, it'll give me more free time.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    14,797

    Default

    Their game their rules........maybe they can send it off to the lab first to make sure it's actually dirty....and then announce the findings about a week or two from now.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

  3. #3

    Default

    You can always appeal the ban by taking a lie detector test

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2

    Default

    That wasn't the word you were warned for and you know it. No one is getting warned or banned over c0ckpit. It's not something that can be fixed as its a limitation of the software. It searches for text strings both in whole and partial words. And really, it's not that big of an inconvenience. What you did, on the other hand, was used a word that both by itself and how you used it is banned, and used it as an insult. It's a simple request and specifically pointed out by moderators in the sticky at the top of the page not to do it. People are using the censored words to elicit a response, and that just leads to fights. You can make the same point without using that language.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    685

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by ModJr7 View Post
    That wasn't the word you were warned for and you know it. No one is getting warned or banned over c0ckpit. It's not something that can be fixed as its a limitation of the software. It searches for text strings both in whole and partial words. And really, it's not that big of an inconvenience. What you did, on the other hand, was used a word that both by itself and how you used it is banned, and used it as an insult. It's a simple request and specifically pointed out by moderators in the sticky at the top of the page not to do it. People are using the censored words to elicit a response, and that just leads to fights. You can make the same point without using that language.
    I didn't say that was the word you warned me for, but it was the one I requested be removed from the filter. I did use a curse word, I admit that, but while I had you on the line I made a "Request" for something that is bothersome to a lot of us. I welcome my forthcoming ban.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Sycamore Speedway, IL.
    Posts
    2,507

    Default

    Not that it matters but, "she"?

    I did not know that ☺

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mindwalker View Post
    Not that it matters but, "she"?

    I did not know that ☺

    You should know them all!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,776

    Default

    received a similar warning and I deserved it. forum moderation is a thankless task. I am actually pleased they have stepped up the efforts.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Centerview, MO
    Posts
    20

    Default

    I put this together. It is a little raw and doesn't have a fancy skin on it, but you can talk about whatever you want with no crazy filter (just no deliberate offensive words).http://www.forum.bartlettmotorsportengineering.com/

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    South Central KY
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    received a similar warning and I deserved it. forum moderation is a thankless task. I am actually pleased they have stepped up the efforts.
    +1, agree totally with this...and as BBQ said "Their game their rules", anyone in disagreement can certainly do what chop did and make their own forum.

    IMO the forum has become a MUCH better place since the Mods have tightened up on the monitoring...kudos.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    The only word that I've come across that shouldn't be banned is D!ck. I have friends named D!ck. If I can't spell their name then that's bogus on their part. Other then that I can understand some words being banned. If you want uncensored there is always another option for a racing forum. Just look at the link on my signature or search the internet for other forums.
    Nathan Stephens: Hobart (Northwest), Indiana.

    Next race(s): Kokomo (IN) - Kokomo Klash - October 15th & 16th. Winchester (IN) - Winchester 400 - 10/17
    Races 36 - Tracks: 15
    2021 Season (17) - Brownstown (IN) 1, Circle City (IN) 1, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 6, Farmer City (IL) 1, Florence (KY) 1, Gas City (IN) 2, Hartford (MI) 1, Kankakee (IL) 3, Kokomo (IN) 4, LaSalle (IL) 1, Lincoln Park (IN) 1, Plymouth (IN) 2, Shadyhill (IN) 6, & Spoon River (IL) 1

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mindwalker View Post
    Not that it matters but, "she"?

    I did not know that ☺
    That explains my week ban with my response to the Ciara pit fight situation.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Sycamore Speedway, IL.
    Posts
    2,507

    Default

    Had I known there was a woman present, I would have watched my manners. 😇

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Realville, USA
    Posts
    16,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    The only word that I've come across that shouldn't be banned is D!ck. I have friends named D!ck. If I can't spell their name then that's bogus on their part. Other then that I can understand some words being banned. If you want uncensored there is always another option for a racing forum. Just look at the link on my signature or search the internet for other forums.
    I have to agree with that name being banned. If it weren't it would be abused all the time.

    I applaud the Mods for enforcing the dirty language rules!!!
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 02-02-2018 at 03:37 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    685

    Default

    It amazes me how many don't actually read posts and just fire off a response. I have No issue with profanity filters, I used an unapproved word, I'm fine with having my hand spanked(spankings can be fun). When I asked if they could do something about, C0CKPIT I was told they could, "ban me" in response. I thought it was unwarranted and aggressive.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    14,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mindwalker View Post
    Had I known there was a woman present, I would have watched my manners. 
    There are plenty of women that post on this forum.......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    Posts
    3,080

    Default

    Their game their rules!? Time to start a posters union lol, too much power on one side how much tyranny can we withstand!? Lol

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    14,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CageFaraday View Post
    It amazes me how many don't actually read posts and just fire off a response. I have No issue with profanity filters, I used an unapproved word, I'm fine with having my hand spanked(spankings can be fun). When I asked if they could do something about, C0CKPIT I was told they could, "ban me" in response. I thought it was unwarranted and aggressive.
    Is that sort of like when a fan or racer has a constructive complaint about the track or its program and the response 99 percent of the time is, don't like it don't come anymore?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    14,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Their game their rules!? Time to start a posters union lol, too much power on one side how much tyranny can we withstand!? Lol
    Looks more like a bad internet slide job???
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2

    Default

    CageFaraday, you did not ask if anything could be done. You said you'd abide by the rules IF we fixed it. That is why you were told you'd be banned if you continued. You do not dictate the rules of the board.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2021 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.