Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

I know its early and I know the florida tracks are a little different than most the scedule, but this isnt a good sign for the competion of the 1 car..coming out hot

Tonight was a perfect example of why provisionals are a vital part of racing in a series. Not just for Richards but for several other guys also. It was also a total flip flop of racing surfaces too. Cutting the track and putting a monsoon worth of water on it was not the answer. Last night was the best surface I can remember there being at GIS. Sorry but they stepped on their Johnson tonight. Track was terrible tonight.

Congratulations to Josh Richards. Heck of a drive. Also to Kyle Bronson, great race for him.

Just 1 word......WOW!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

thought some would have a chance to have a good points night and gain some points.....but....

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    Tonight was a perfect example of why provisionals are a vital part of racing in a series. Not just for Richards but for several other guys also. It was also a total flip flop of racing surfaces too. Cutting the track and putting a monsoon worth of water on it was not the answer. Last night was the best surface I can remember there being at GIS. Sorry but they stepped on their Johnson tonight. Track was terrible tonight.
    Agree.......even though its only 1.5 hrs from me, I chose to stay home. They had it close Fri nite and got carried away tonite......as usual!

Kudos to Josh and team though! That was impressive!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Some people on fb saying lucas held the show up a good while to let richards get out there. Any truth to that? I few minutes I dont see nothing wrong with that...

Lucas definitely didn’t hold up the show. They did a quick four wide salute and turned the field loose. There was a brief wait, maybe a minute, while Don O’Neal’s car was worked on in the hot pit area.

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Some people on fb saying lucas held the show up a good while to let richards get out there. Any truth to that? I few minutes I dont see nothing wrong with that...
    I was watching on Lucas TV. I didn't see it that way. He was the last car on the track but he didn't hold up the show. It showed him several times at the track entrance when the other cars were on the track. Once the cars started rolling he came out. Seems like they field made a lap and he came out.

Cutting the track and putting a monsoon worth of water on it was not the answer. Last night was the best surface I can remember there being at GIS. Sorry but they stepped on their Johnson tonight. Track was terrible tonight.
    They jumped the cushion with the water... it was a bit too much. BUT last night was not that great of a surface. THrowing the water on before the feature really helped; but top still went away. What made the race was Josh unable to stay hooked on the bottom on exit.

If they can hit it in the center now that they know what they did both nights; then we the fans might win big league.
    "The Wise One"

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Also watching on LOR.TV ... nothing seemed out of the ordinary.
    "The Wise One"

Wait....hold the press.
    All this talk about the track, blah, blah, blah.

Boom Briggs finished 9th!!! After the disaster he had earlier in the evening, that's a big moral victory for that team. Atta boy Boom. A top 10 for a guy who may have had the worst racing luck ever in '17.

Nice runs by the WoO youngsters...T. Erb and Larson.

Total horse poo (can we use poo or is that a violation now??) that Hudson O'Neal couldn't use an emergency provisional tonight. Kid's gonna be out on tour all season long and any chance he had of making noise in the points went right out the window on night #2 of the season b/c of what happened last year!?!? I know people don't like provisionals, but how they're determined early in the season for fully commited tour drivers is moronic. Seriously, like one more car on that track tonight would've been the straw that broke the camels back.

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    Congrats to Richards and crew. Whether you like him or not, you have to appreciate coming from the very tail and winning. No mater who it is!!!!
    Yep. He made everyone look silly tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Wait....hold the press.
    All this talk about the track, blah, blah, blah.

Boom Briggs finished 9th!!! After the disaster he had earlier in the evening, that's a big moral victory for that team. Atta boy Boom. A top 10 for a guy who may have had the worst racing luck ever in '17.

Nice runs by the WoO youngsters...T. Erb and Larson.

Total horse poo (can we use poo or is that a violation now??) that Hudson O'Neal couldn't use an emergency provisional tonight. Kid's gonna be out on tour all season long and any chance he had of making noise in the points went right out the window on night #2 of the season b/c of what happened last year!?!? I know people don't like provisionals, but how they're determined early in the season for fully commited tour drivers is moronic. Seriously, like one more car on that track tonight would've been the straw that broke the camels back.
    I agree on all points, however the rules are the rules. I hate it for Hudson, but that's how the rules are written. Oh well.

I know a lot of folks seem to not like him him but heck I have got to like ol Kyle Bronson I hope he can make some noise on the tour this year. I know he did some stuff years ago that was unacceptable but hey I'm sure most of us has done boneheaded crap to we are ashamed of so I definitely hope that's all out of his system nowadays.

I hope the 1 car doesn't make it out!!!!
    Keep up with the good news!!!!
    Congrats to Richards and crew. Whether you like him or not, you have to appreciate coming from the very tail and winning. No mater who it is!!!!
    Hurt ya having to type that last one didn’t it?

I respect that though man, you gave props even when you didn’t want him to do well. He drove his butt off and earned it. Josh is a wheelman, and man is he starting out purdy good.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

The winner passed the entire field. That doesn't sound very much like terrible track conditions. Just saying.

Girls, girls, girls, just want to have fun. Go Kid Rocket !!

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    The winner passed the entire field. That doesn't sound very much like terrible track conditions. Just saying.
    Sorry but the track was terrible tonight. Yes Josh started in the back and won. Several guys that started near the tail and moved forward. Never stated anything about that. The track was WFO for 60 laps. Could have been 160 laps and it would still be that way. It had WAY too much traction in it all night. The heats were single file on the cushion. Tracks prepped like that are engine killers and car killers. Look at how many finished. The racing was better on night 1 because it wasn't wide open. JS

Thumbs up

Just see Bloomquist over heated because a dirt clod / rock knocked a hole in the radiator.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Congrats to Josh. Sounds like it was an exciting race. I hope someone in the pits can verify if Josh, Bronson, and Brandon Shepp are still running the D3 head Ford engine.