Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    Sorry but the track was terrible tonight. Yes Josh started in the back and won. Several guys that started near the tail and moved forward. Never stated anything about that. The track was WFO for 60 laps. Could have been 160 laps and it would still be that way. It had WAY too much traction in it all night. The heats were single file on the cushion. Tracks prepped like that are engine killers and car killers. Look at how many finished. The racing was better on night 1 because it wasn't wide open. JS
    You shouldn't ever complain about too much water in a racetrack when in this day in age track prep is usually pretty lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    You shouldn't ever complain about too much water in a racetrack when in this day in age track prep is usually pretty lazy.
    You'd be complaining if you were paying the motor bills on a racecar..

Lazy?!?!?!? My definition of lazy is a track or sanctioning that drowns the track like that and then makes the premier class pack the track with our $100k plus race cars for almost 30 minutes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RoundNrOUND View Post
    Lazy?!?!?!? My definition of lazy is a track or sanctioning that drowns the track like that and then makes the premier class pack the track with our $100k plus race cars for almost 30 minutes!!!
    I thought that was strange. If anything, put everybody out there, not just the lates.

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    Sorry but the track was terrible tonight. Yes Josh started in the back and won. Several guys that started near the tail and moved forward. Never stated anything about that. The track was WFO for 60 laps. Could have been 160 laps and it would still be that way. It had WAY too much traction in it all night. The heats were single file on the cushion. Tracks prepped like that are engine killers and car killers. Look at how many finished. The racing was better on night 1 because it wasn't wide open. JS
    Have not seen the race yet anyway, but if any track that has decent moisture is terrible then I hope you have a horrible season, filled with tacky hammer down races!!! hahahahaaa

Now you can quarter throttle it on home in you little Prius. lololol
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 02-04-2018 at 06:20 PM.

Might need to talk to your motor man wet track should not cause a motor to blow.

That was an expensive victory. Team Best lost one of those almighty Durham Ford's that people like to crow about so much,and others lost engines as well.
    Formerly 66#1

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    Might need to talk to your motor man wet track should not cause a motor to blow.
    Josh's motor had a ton of laps on it. Said they were tryin to get one more race out of it.
    8/13/16

This weekend at Golden Isles was a preview of who will be the man again this year! Any questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Josh's motor had a ton of laps on it. Said they were tryin to get one more race out of it.
    Pretty sure I read somewhere the engine that won the race was hurt also.....

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    You're kidding right?

We used to envy those tacky red clay tracks down south...all we had to race on were worn out, dry dust bowls. Now a good, tacky track is the work if the devil.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Why in the he!! would you have an engine in the car that you're "trying to get 1 more race out of" on the 2nd night of Speed weeks (the season). I call B.S. covering for Durham.

The rest of the Lucas guys may be in trouble by the time they head out of Florida. Points chase might be over with in the first two weeks of the season if Josh keeps it up, he's darn good at Eastbay too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    Why in the he!! would you have an engine in the car that you're "trying to get 1 more race out of" on the 2nd night of Speed weeks (the season). I call B.S. covering for Durham.
    Kinda what i was thinking also
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Kinda what i was thinking also
    Well back up car had issues as well as soon as they pulled it out, IMO they weren't as prepared as thought they would be for the first weekend of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    I don't buy it either.....
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????