Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Cage I think I had this sort of convo a good while back but you may have been under a different user name..my Point about Ed was in competitive sports is anybody can act out of character it can happen to anyone its competition Ed has been a mojor contributor to dlm racing it doesnt make you trailer trash a thug or a gangster?!Lol batters rush the mound, hockey they fight heck even in soccer..its safe to say its a natural part of competitive sports..it happens, call the cops cmon does the mlb or nhl doesnt...
    Agree.......Ive seen way better fights at a hockey game!

Ive seen better fights at a Nsync concert than those clowns in the video! lol
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    I remember back in the late 70 probably 77 or 78 Boyd's was the place to be on Friday nights everybody was there I was going to college that is how I remember the year one night a boy got cut real bad in a fight in the grandstands and Charlie Hughes always had to big guys with him I remember they parked the ambulance on the front straight an one of them big boys picked him up an carried him to the ambulance I always wondered if he got alright the kid was young teenager not long after that the racetrack closed I really hated that now I'm not saying that is going to happen in this case but it's not helping.
    One of those big guys with Hughes was/is just a big ole teddy bear. The guy that got cut was fine, but still has a nice scar for a souvenir.

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    You know rough driving and fights have a long history in this sport. Let the drivers hash it out and keep your crew out if it. That's how it was handled when I started...the drivers could work it out. Once the crew got involved everybody got tossed out...
    I like how the crew was all around the front of the car, and the driver of the 0 was never seen. It seemed to me they were the ones that started the whole mess. Page spoke his mind, even if he was right not those guys shouldn't care, he never called them out, it was the driver he called out. They knew they had him out numbered from the get go.

Thanks b-k I appreciate the info man that was some real racing back then.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    Thanks b-k I appreciate the info man that was some real racing back then.
    Just heard stories as I would have been 1-2 years old at that time.

One of those big guys is my dad, my uncle got cut. Glad I've missed out on taking home those kind of track souvenirs. Those kind of stories were the soundtrack of my youth though.

I'll bet they were that is real interesting I was in my early 20s I was there ever Friday night thanks for letting me know that night for some reason just always stuck with me.

I think that is Chad Elliott that jumped on Paige. It looks like him to me,but it has been a few since I last saw him.

I can't believe you even call that a fight.

No need for cops to be involved. Once you bring in the cops, you open the door for lawyers.

These guys wouldn't last long at Sycamore would they Phil?

Cage I think I had this sort of convo a good while back but you may have been under a different user name..my Point about Ed was in competitive sports is anybody can act out of character it can happen to anyone its competition Ed has been a mojor contributor to dlm racing it doesnt make you trailer trash a thug or a gangster?!Lol batters rush the mound, hockey they fight heck even in soccer..its safe to say its a natural part of competitive sports..it happens, call the cops cmon does the mlb or nhl doesnt...
    I don't know Ed and have never discussed him under any name. I never mentioned a need or an opposition to calling the cops, but not everyone who competes goes postal, but I've known many who do. I've never seen Bloomquist in a fight and/or shoving match, Moyer either, wonder why? Most, but not all of the greats typically don't go in for that sort of behavior. I grew up with a guy who had a monster temper when he raced, never helped him in any sort of positive way. He no longer races and he was a second generation driver too. I'm old enough now that if I' helping someone and they turn out to be a, "Hot Head" I just walk. I go to race and race in a professional manner, not to participate in bar room brawling trailer park phallus measuring. From what I've learned on this post with shared videos, it would appear two hot heads ran into each other and felt they couldn't occupy the same space. Maybe they should try urinating on each others tires next time.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

Page didn't appear to be one of the hotheads IMO........unless I missed something.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

My eyes are not nearly as good as they used to be but after several views of the video, I have no idea what Page was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    My eyes are not nearly as good as they used to be but after several views of the video, I have no idea what Page was talking about.
    Heck Page don't know what he was talking bout,on that track all both driver's knew who ever got out front would probably win Page was mad he got shuffled back

I once went to a fight and a 25 lap feature broke out...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

I noticed something very sad in the Youtube video the other night. In the top right corner of the video,there appears to be a young girl with Down Syndrome. She is terrified by what is taking place,and several people try to console her. I can tell you from experience that children with Down'Syndrome do not like noise or when people are upset like that. That part is hard to watch.
    Last edited by AllenK; 02-07-2018 at 05:31 PM.
    Formerly 66#1

It was the very start of the race Owenby had him pointed at the wall down the straightaway...

Ownbey was pushed into the wall on the start, and got into page when he got off the wall. No John didn't total his car at Swainsboro, he broke the rf and was trying to get off the track when they tangled. Page drove down the right side of John's car under caution.

Watch the incar camera, John lifted when he got into his rr.

Looked like Page came up on the start but O lifted for sure,But the big guy could have broke Pages back,there not much to Page.

I think both driver's were doing what any driver would do to get the lead cause they knew that was for the win probably, all the crap after the race is what's got everyone tore up

If its just fist a cuffs keep the cops out of our sport we will police it ourselves...smh
    I am very late to the party... but I will say i agree with this if it is drivers or team members. I don't think this should be handed over to track personnel and officials. They should never under any circumstance throw a first punch on a competitor. If they do it's assault just like if it happened anywhere else in America.
    If it's 2 competitors (including crews) then that is part of sports as long as its only fists.
    "The Wise One"