Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

The crappiest thing I saw in the video was the older guy that got slammed against the back of the car with a resounding thud........

Not exactly sure that was warranted, but I also wasn't in the heat of that moment.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

that was Michael's dad. he has had cancer and a stroke but was doing the same thing any one of us with a child would have done.

Thumbs down Uncalled for physical action

Quote Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
    I am very late to the party... but I will say i agree with this if it is drivers or team members. I don't think this should be handed over to track personnel and officials. They should never under any circumstance throw a first punch on a competitor. If they do it's assault just like if it happened anywhere else in America.
    If it's 2 competitors (including crews) then that is part of sports as long as its only fists.
    Ok, I finally got to see the video of this incident, not impressed. While I think issuing threats via the PA system is kinda immature, I don't think it deserved getting punched in the face and bowed back over his car. I'm a little unclear on who the bald guy(Curly) with the headset is? If he is a "track official", if so he needs to be fired. Under no circumstance should an official be attacking anyone or laying hands on anyone that hasn't already been physical. If somebody wants to run their mouth, that's NOT causing anyone any harm. I think if JO was concerned by MP's threat he would've taken issue, but he let it roll off with only words exchanged. Woo-ooo. The bald guy though, he reminds of some of these cops gone bad videos, just exploding on whoever is present. I'm still not an MP fan, but what was done to him was uncalled for and Curly needs to be dealt with. As to the incidents on the starts, they seemed minor to me. Couldn't tell from angle, but was MP crowding JO up to the wall maybe? Anyway that's my final take on what happened.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

just saw a youtube video and the official was definitely in with WRONG...