Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The old 4m

Default The old 4m

Back when I joined in 06 or so, this place was a great source of info, with a bunch of good natured, informative posters and the occasional character (Czar of Dirt, Bubba Smith, etc). Sadly, we’re down to a few trolls that have ruined this thing. The mods have cracked the whip a bit, but the same clowns show back up under their 5th or 6th user name. They spew venom no matter the situation, and bring little of value to the table. Still lots of good folks here, but the few ruin it for the many and keep good people from coming back.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Very well said and true.

Agreed. Unfortunately, the immature folks you are referring to, ruin this forum. You would think people would grow up at some point, but some of them will be losers their whole lives.

Joined in 00 was very good then.

I've only been around since 2013, but there's a few that cause me to not even open a thread if they were the last to post on it. It's unfortunate, but I get tired of the garbage.

On a similar, unrelated note: At least a few years back, it wasn't uncommon to see 800-900 ads this time of the year with Late Model stuff for sale on Racing Junk. There's currently around 500, and it's not because everyone is keeping their stuff. I'm sure free ads like those on Facebook have an effect, but it's also a sign of the times.

I guess all things are relative.

Thumbs down

My bad, when you put old 4m I was thinking a litle further back, like 98-99 when I first joined as "Racer41". I've changed names a few times but not because I was banned, it was the trolls that want to follow you from post to post and say DA things.(Hope Modjr isn't offended by DA) We seem to have swung from total anarchy and trolls running amuck to something more stringent than the Puritan's, at least in regards to language. She's totally unreasonable and her only response is the, "Nuclear Option". Must've got her from North Korea.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

CageFaraday about modjr is more fair than most mods in the past, when I first signed up. When I joined if you said anything close hair negative about josh or mark, it was likely you get ban. You wouldn’t get to many warnings about sailor potty mouth language as well. They used to have witch hunts for a old blackford lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    I've only been around since 2013, but there's a few that cause me to not even open a thread if they were the last to post on it. It's unfortunate, but I get tired of the garbage.

On a similar, unrelated note: At least a few years back, it wasn't uncommon to see 800-900 ads this time of the year with Late Model stuff for sale on Racing Junk. There's currently around 500, and it's not because everyone is keeping their stuff. I'm sure free ads like those on Facebook have an effect, but it's also a sign of the times.

I tend to think another reason why there isn’t as many late models on 4M is a lot of these newer cars made of docol tend to last longer, so guys aren’t selling them just yet.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Thank you..you're spot on... What kills me is, you post a thread about something or someone and it always turns into
    a pi$$ing match on something completely different...

I agree totally. When I signed up in 1997 this WAS the place For information in the Late Model world. Sadly it is a former shell of it's original self.

And there was truth posted and people would meet up at the trackside now it's just smart Behind keyboards

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post

I do think the Facebook ads are killing almost every other classifieds site. At this point since Marketplace came out its hard to find stuff even on Craigslist, or anywhere. If you go on DLMs for sale on Facebook you will see dozens of new posts daily, more than even Racingjunk in its prime. I like the format of Racingjunk a lot more than Facebook, so its sad, but like you said its a sign of the times.

joined in 99 , same and only user name i have ever had , and even tho she has her clowns and trolls , 4m is still the best dirt forum around IMO........

Thank you Modjr for trying to clean the place up. It is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    Thank you Modjr for trying to clean the place up. It is greatly appreciated.
    Sucking up won't save you.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

Speaking of Bubba smith in the first post whatever happened to him ? I remember years ago they banned him from this site if I'm not mistaken and I've never seen his name on here since.

One man Gang, I'm not being a smart aleck, but I believe you answered your own question. Old bubba keeps his opinions off here these days. Too bad others that get banned don't do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by One Man Gang View Post
    Speaking of Bubba smith in the first post whatever happened to him ? I remember years ago they banned him from this site if I'm not mistaken and I've never seen his name on here since.
    It was a good day when that got rid of that idiot. I wish a few other would get banned and stay away.

A thread dedicated to talking about all the bad posters from the past.... The old days of 4m. Oh the irony in it.... Lol.

[QUOTE=Mindwalker;2164916]A thread dedicated to talking about all the bad posters from the past.... The old days of 4m. Oh the irony in it.... Lol.[

I see what you did there.......comical
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????