Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mccreadie

Quote Originally Posted by Forward Bite View Post
    You are over simplifying. Ford engineers design the heads Ford Performance sells. The D3 head is an evolution of the Cleavland production head.
    this is true , and gm and toyyoter copied them , because neither ever produced a canted valve small block head , i do wish some one would answer the original question about T-mac,s engine , got my curiosity up...........

He's running Pro Power.

D3 ford by Pro Power

many many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Thomason View Post
    Briggs and Stratton.
    That must be all you can afford..

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Thomason View Post
    Makes me no difference.
    You sound intelligent..

Cool story, tough guy.

Quote Originally Posted by minthess View Post
    Actually you can buy the Ford Performance D3 heads dominating the sport on the Rocket house cars through any Ford dealership parts department.
    Better take a look at what is under the hood of the top dirt drivers using Fords. D3 heads are outdated technology. I don't think you will find them used by the top teams.

Too much on engines. Ask Overton who is running a borrowed engine from a builder most haven’t heard of. Racing is balance and tires. Engines builders are overrated. If you can’t get 900 hp to the ground what are you gonna do with 800? Get your chassis, shocks, balance and tires right and your a winner!

I looked under the hoods of B Sheeps , Bronson, and Josh Richards cars last year and they were using D3 head Ford engines. According to the last issue of Speedway Illustrated , T-Mac ran a Pro Power 454 cube Wide bore Dart Chevy last year. If he has a Pro Power Ford this year , Pro Power must have found something they liked about the Ford.

He ran a D3 Ford motor of Pro Powers at the world finals and like it, so they made the switch this year.

Better go back to the Chevys after early season results. Hopefully they're just testing some stuff out....guess we'll find out tonight!

Something is way off. They haven't been competitive all week and Weaver's LH cars have been great.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Weak_Links View Post
    Something is way off. They haven't been competitive all week and Weaver's LH cars have been great.
    T-Mac is the Francisco Liriano of dirt late model racing. Fantastic one year, terrible the next. He's been like that for years. I don't get it, but I'd really like to see him break that pattern.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

centeroff , i could not reply to your post 29 for some reason , but you are correct with your assessment , no one may believe it , but there are still some c3 headed engines out there winning races . I read an article a while back from a reputable ford engine builder that said with the right cam , the c3 was smother down low but was off about 50 total HP over the d3 , I thought then , wouldn't a smother torque curve be more important than going from 850 hp to 900 hp , especially in the slick.....

This thread is a good example of how informative 4m members can be to each other. Some race fans pull for drivers. Some fans pull for different chassis. Some have interest in tires or aerodynamics. Different engine combinations is what excites me. The more diverse the interests of the fans are ,the better