Default 2018 American Ethanol Late Model Tour schedule released.

Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Interesting. There hasn't been a late model race at Montpelier since Harold took over as promoter.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

And LaSalle has a date in August! Rich Bell will get to stay close to home for once.

sure do hope they aren't screwing up a good thing by expanding outside there Michigan base. not really understanding what they are thinking. I hope it all works out though because it was the best thing that ever happened to dirt late models in Michigan.
    lifetime racetrack counter: 126 tracks 11 different states

Quote Originally Posted by old84 View Post
    sure do hope they aren't screwing up a good thing by expanding outside there Michigan base. not really understanding what they are thinking. I hope it all works out though because it was the best thing that ever happened to dirt late models in Michigan.
    Hard to go to the other tracks in MI when they aren't UMP. Without the the other tracks on the 18' schedule there probably might not be a schedule.

You can still schedule an AELMT race and not be UMP. I think every track in Michigan has dropped UMP and running on ARs(rightfully so) exept Merrit. Thunderbird, I96 and Bulter all have races scheduled but do not run UMP Late Models. I would really like to see Crystal Motor Speedway get a race. Biggest track for fan attendance and Late model car count in the state but yet don't bring in the Ethanol tour the place would be standing room only.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Hard to go to the other tracks in MI when they aren't UMP. Without the the other tracks on the 18' schedule there probably might not be a schedule.
    neither I96 or Thunderbird are UMP

crystal has been offered before obviously they don't need it Ron doesn't change up his schedule much, consistency is crystals money maker you can always expect a large crowd and large car counts.. that being said I would love to see a show there as well but just don’t see it happening

Thanks for clarification.

This series had a lot of momentum going in ‘16 and the first part of ‘17. The dominance of Marcoullier may have dipped interest a little, but it’s still a very good regional tour. Smart to keep the dates limited with 15 races. At least the trips outside of Michigan are mostly paired together to make it worth going (Attica/Fremont, Wilmot/LaSalle). Montpelier and Millstream are not too far even if they are a single event. I am really excited to see Montpelier, my home track, host their first super late model event in 15 years. If the weather cooperates and they put anywhere near the effort into promoting that race that they put into promoting midget and sprint shows, it should be a very popular event. It would be awesome to have a race the night before at Gas City also, but maybe if this goes well that could happen next year.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Thanks for clarification.
    looks like I was wrong though I96 just released the payout structure for each class and they are indeed going UMP for late models only this year
    "Running the bottom is like having a job!" ~ Jack Hewitt