Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tony Stewart

Default Tony Stewart

I saw a tweet earlier that WoO wouldn't let him set up his t shirt trailer at WoO events (particularly Volusia) so he won't run any WoO sprint car event this year basically in protest. Anyone know the back story on that?

Yes I know this is the LM forum. Thank you.

Do you think he will be able to set up his t-shirt trailer at Eldora for WOO Events?

There could be no woo events at eldora

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    I saw a tweet earlier that WoO wouldn't let him set up his t shirt trailer at WoO events (particularly Volusia) so he won't run any WoO sprint car event this year basically in protest. Anyone know the back story on that?

Yes I know this is the LM forum. Thank you.
    Because tony is not running woo full time is one reason why they wont let him. Some drivers raised cane about tony taking $ from there sales is another reason.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Is there a rule that says that only full time drivers are allowed to have a t-shirt trailer?? They probably don't want to get in a pissing match with Tony Stewart. He can probably hurt them a lot worse than they can hurt him.

I believe as part of the Platinum agreement that the full time WoO drivers sign, they are allowed to have their souvenir trailers at every Woo sanctioned race. The other drivers are allowed to sell their merchandise at the track, but only from their trailers before & after the races. Apparently some of the regular drivers complained about Stewart.

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerHarvickFan View Post
    They probably don't want to get in a pissing match with Tony Stewart. He can probably hurt them a lot worse than they can hurt him.
    Yea just ask Kevin Ward's family !

Unbelievable. ...

Quote Originally Posted by super_latemodel_fan View Post
    Yea just ask Kevin Ward's family !
    I wish I could ask them why he got out of his car and ran into oncoming traffic.....
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Those lost souls will end up making the valves be in the block of TSR Fords now. And to think we used to complain about Ted Johnson. I've been saying they ignore about half their potential fan base. Looks like about three quarters now.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    I wish I could ask them why he got out of his car and ran into oncoming traffic.....
    he was probably high or somethin'

Yes, the WoO sprints will still be at Eldora. The Kings Royal is the most prestigious WoO sprint car races in the world and one of Tony's biggest money makers besides the World 100 and truck race.

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    There could be no woo events at eldora
    You mean to tell me there won't be the Kings Royal this year? The WoO's need Eldora, I will guarantee you Tony will have his stuff for sale at the Big E during the WoO races there this year.
    The WoO sprints are schedule for 7 races this year at Eldora.
    Last edited by ThebigE; 02-08-2018 at 07:39 AM.

Does Tony still own a WoO team?

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Does Tony still own a WoO team?
    Yes, he owns the #15 Donny Schatz ride... Which has won 9 WoO sprint car championships.
    www.tonystewartracing.com

I thought so but with all his other vested interests I wasn't sure. Especially after buying the one series a few yrs ago.

I can't see any way possible WOO could keep any souvenier trailer out as long as the trailer had track owner permission. Just my 2 cents.

If this is all true, which I'm kind of doubting, their must be separate rules for the Late Model series compared to the Sprint Car series on this matter. Pierce, Feger, Moyer, and many more have trailers at pretty much every WoO event they attend.

As far as WoO VS. Tony, I'd say Tony needs WoO a whole lot more than the WoO needs Stewart.
    8/13/16

If you like Tony Stewart or not he is still a draw at a racetrack so in my opinion world of outlaw shot themselves in the foot

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    If this is all true, which I'm kind of doubting, their must be separate rules for the Late Model series compared to the Sprint Car series on this matter. Pierce, Feger, Moyer, and many more have trailers at pretty much every WoO event they attend.

As far as WoO VS. Tony, I'd say Tony needs WoO a whole lot more than the WoO needs Stewart.
    Stewart posted it on his twitter as what happened.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!