Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Can't blame the track if insurance company says no. If something went terribly wrong, the owner(s) would be buried....but if I were them I would search around for different insurance.....This does make you wonder with young kids driving at tracks all over the country, do these other insurance companies know there are many kids under 16 participating? I do hope all these kids and owners are covered.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Who would tip off the insurance company? People really need to mind their own business. It's not like the kid is out there causing problems.
    Refer to post 31

Smart call by the insurance company and props to Lucas and East Bay for abiding. The kid is good, plenty of time to show it as he gets older, but.... it is a dangerous sport and God forbid he gets hurt or worse, something like this lands up on Dateline (especially since the whole child football concussion discussion) and all the other news shows, and it draws a huge negative light on the sport. Lawyers get involved, parents get called out for putting their child at risk... it gets ugly. Media would eat this up, and who steps in next.... Government. Think about the big picture people, its bigger than if the kid can drive or not.

And if something did happen to this young man how would this thread be going ? Everyone would being saying that they shouldn't have let him race. Rules are rules.

In my area growing up it was always that the driver had to have a legal drivers license to compete. Frank Ingram(Son of Bill Ingram) started racing hobby cars at Dixie when he was 15, by lying and saying he was 16. Lasted about 6 weeks. Once the track was clued in and asked to see his license, he had to stop running till his birthday. No stink was made, no lawyers called, he just owned up to it and waited. I'm not in favor of children racing cars at all till they are of the legal age to drive, besides there are plenty of "Kid ONLY" classes they can hone their racing skills doing outside DLM. To me its less about ability to handle the car, which is important, but more about judgement, maturity and handling ones emotions in a given situation. That Michael Lake kid last year had an incident where he got ruffled and booted I believe it was Dennis Erb Jr last year at the Bay. Mentioning older guys acting childish, I 'm in favor of them reigning that in too, no excuse for some of the bahavior that goes on and misrepresented as, 'Passion". NOT. JMO
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

http://www.ebrp.co/general-rules/

46- All drivers must be 16 years old to race in any division other than Street Stock, Outlaw 4 or 4 Cylinder Bomber. 14 years old is the minimum age for those 3 classes.

48- Anyone involved in litigation against East Bay Raceway Park will not be allowed to participate in or attend any event on East Bay Raceway Park property.
    Last edited by smoothoperator32; 02-09-2018 at 01:03 PM.

This how I view it, saying he is to young drive a slm? Nope, if he understands the responsibilities and danger of it, go for it. I would let my kid race if he showed he knows the responsibilities of it. Also it’s only making him more knowledgeable and better about racing running against the best in the Country.

Him not Being able to race, well it’s ebrp rules of what age you can race there.

How was he able to race before they said no he can’t race. Maybe EB didn’t look far into his age or maybe they was going let it slide until dod blasted his true age. I didn’t know his age until they said it. They might had do that to cover themselves. Insurance hears about, other people that have kids that can’t race there start protesting about it. or someone don’t think teenagers shouldnt be racing sdl starts making a big deal out of it. There countless reason why they had pull the plug letting him keep race.

If I was millers I would make sure I can race where the track rules let him in the future.

Usually when it comes to insurance companies. Whether your experienced or not. But you aren't old enough. They have the final say regardless. I don't think East Bay wants to risk it.

I don't know how it works but maybe they were told he either doesn't race or we pull your insurance and that could possibly result in not being able to hold the rest of the weeks events.
    Last edited by MI Dirt Fan; 02-09-2018 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smoothoperator32 View Post
    http://www.ebrp.co/general-rules/

46- All drivers must be 16 years old to race in any division other than Street Stock, Outlaw 4 or 4 Cylinder Bomber. 14 years old is the minimum age for those 3 classes.

48- Anyone involved in litigation against East Bay Raceway Park will not be allowed to participate in or attend any event on East Bay Raceway Park property.
    Wonder when that went into effect or has it always been that way? I'm pretty sure Tyler Red(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) raced a SLM there and he was not 16 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    Wonder when that went into effect or has it always been that way? I'm pretty sure Tyler Red(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) raced a SLM there and he was not 16 yet.
    Tyler just turn 13 when he first ran slm at EB, think he still the youngest to ever win during speedweeks at 16. Maybe age rule changed after he won at EB when he won??

I think they might of not known his exact age and if they did maybe was gna turn the other cheek but the exposure on lucas oil tv and the track caught too much attention...which sucks for Carder this weekend but overall I think the exposure was a real good thing for him..he wasnt blazing fast but for 13 he may have caught somebodys attention...I know I was impressed...

This seems like an issue that should have been worked out before this young man and his team headed for Florida.

This is much ado about nothing, in all honesty. I think they tried to get one over on EB, and got caught.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

They weren't counting on him running good enough for anybody to notice I suppose. He looks 5x better than McCreadie.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Usually when it comes to insurance companies. Whether your experienced or not. But you aren't old enough. They have the final say regardless. I don't think East Bay wants to risk it.

I don't know how it works but maybe they were told he either doesn't race or we pull your insurance and that could possibly result in not being able to hold the rest of the weeks events.
    See post #37... I've been there.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Count me among those who feel like you should be legally allowed to drive on the road to be able to race full bodied race cars. They have go-karts, and legends cars, and other less powerful, less dangerous forms of motorsports for kids.
    It's not necessarily a talent issue, but a maturity issue.

Maybe the Millers were presented with a choice whether to sign off liability or not race and they chose to not race. IDK if that was the case, just a thought

East Bay has forever been 16+ except certain classes, but there's a lot of "don't ask don't tell" too. I raced mini sprints at east bay with 13 and 14 year olds many times. But the exposure was too big with a Lucas series.

Justin Allgaier used to race at Farmer City in a LM, but wasn't allowed to race at Fairbury due to insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by heinen81 View Post
    Smart call by the insurance company and props to Lucas and East Bay for abiding. The kid is good, plenty of time to show it as he gets older, but.... it is a dangerous sport and God forbid he gets hurt or worse, something like this lands up on Dateline (especially since the whole child football concussion discussion) and all the other news shows, and it draws a huge negative light on the sport. Lawyers get involved, parents get called out for putting their child at risk... it gets ugly. Media would eat this up, and who steps in next.... Government. Think about the big picture people, its bigger than if the kid can drive or not.
    That is the most intelligent post on this whole thread. People need to realize that it is an entirely different world that we live in (and race in) today than even just a few years ago. Just becaues others were allowed to "do it in the past" doesn't mean that it is the same now. We already have the tree huggers and extreme left wanting to ban all forms of motorsports for their "negative environmental impact". Can you imagine the impact and the ammunition they would have if, god forbid, something happened to this 13 year old and the national media got hold of it. It would be the end of our sport as we know it and maybe the end of it all together. Look how everyone is attacking all the contact sports now. We are the rare sport that would draw the ire of both, people who are after contact sports and environmentalists. Is it a tough pill to swallow for the kid? Sure it is. But, he has a bright future and will be able to participate in a few years and hopefully the sport will still be here. Sometimes we just have to realize that there are other factors involved with much greater impact in the long run instead of wanting to light a fire and sue the world because one individual was not allowed to race in a seemingly unfair move. I also, agree that the last thing we ever want is the government or the legal system involved in our sport.