Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucas Oil TV

Default Lucas Oil TV

Anybody else having problems with the feed on Lucas Oil TV . Worked well for me first of the week but last night and tonight keeps freezing picture .

Yes I am also.

Quote Originally Posted by tpr View Post
    Anybody else having problems with the feed on Lucas Oil TV . Worked well for me first of the week but last night and tonight keeps freezing picture .
    Watching on an iPhonex with the 4G LTE network and been smooth all night.

Watching on Amazon fire stick with no problems

Quote Originally Posted by SFrancisFan15 View Post
    Watching on Amazon fire stick with no problems
    Thanks for info i am on fire stick also and also tried laptop still have same problem . I guess it is in my internet service .

It worked fine for me on my FireTV at 70 Mbps.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Worked fine on roku and iPhone 7.

yep.....it was terrible last nite!

Tonite, it was quite a bit better.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Streaming all week through Apple TV. No problems other than slow internet at work!

It is and was junk for me a lot of the time. However, it isn't a problem with LucasTV or everyone would have the problem. I ran a trace route and the problems I was having were between my ISP and Level3. It was timing out on Level 3. Nothing Lucas can do about that. Nothing my ISP can do about it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    It is and was junk for me a lot of the time. However, it isn't a problem with LucasTV or everyone would have the problem. I ran a trace route and the problems I was having were between my ISP and Level3. It was timing out on Level 3. Nothing Lucas can do about that. Nothing my ISP can do about it either.
    I have far more issues with Lucas than I do with Dod.....but I don't understand why!

I emailed Lucas and they have admitted they are having some technical difficulties.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

In the last week I had 1 problem when I had to refresh my page. Then it was fine for the rest of the night

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    I have far more issues with Lucas than I do with Dod.....but I don't understand why!

I emailed Lucas and they have admitted they are having some technical difficulties.
    Same here. A lot of time it's just where you live and what route along the internet you're taking and for me, that is the case with Lucas. I can watch their "on demand" stuff fine. I can stream multiple HD streams at the same time with my connection. I know the issue isn't with me. And as we have seen here, many people have no issues. I have never had any issues with DoD and I get pretty much every PPV.

I could see exactly where the issues were. It was on the Level 3 network, which is Tier 1 provider which I think is owned by Century Link now....totally crap Their probably the ones that provide Lucas with their bandwidth...also probably why it's so cheap to get Lucas. It's...not good.

Nothing we can do about it though. Parts of the Level 3 network may be fine or others ISPs route differently so they have no issues. The rest of us are stuck with it until Lucas contracts with a better provider.

Quote Originally Posted by dch191 View Post
    Worked fine on roku and iPhone 7.
    That's the combination we use too. No issues here.

Firestick here, and yes I did have a little buffering last night. Mon-Wed no problems. I wrote it off as being more people watching and bottle necking things. But I am not an I.T. person either....

I’m bummed that a monthly package can’t watch tonight though. I won’t watch most of the season. Much less for $100. That’s a bummer

We had to reload last night during the 5th Heat. Missed 3 or 4 laps. It's been perfect all week other than that one little glitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    Same here. A lot of time it's just where you live and what route along the internet you're taking and for me, that is the case with Lucas. I can watch their "on demand" stuff fine. I can stream multiple HD streams at the same time with my connection. I know the issue isn't with me. And as we have seen here, many people have no issues. I have never had any issues with DoD and I get pretty much every PPV.

I could see exactly where the issues were. It was on the Level 3 network, which is Tier 1 provider which I think is owned by Century Link now....totally crap Their probably the ones that provide Lucas with their bandwidth...also probably why it's so cheap to get Lucas. It's...not good.

Nothing we can do about it though. Parts of the Level 3 network may be fine or others ISPs route differently so they have no issues. The rest of us are stuck with it until Lucas contracts with a better provider.
    Good call Snake, I wish more people knew about trace routes and how they work. I work for a local ISP provider and everyone always wants to blame the local for every slow website/feed (I won't even get into speed tests). It seems like every time I run a trace route Level 3 is the problem 90% of the time. I have nothing against their company, that's just the truth.

I was watching last night on Facebook live...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Finnfan View Post
    Good call Snake, I wish more people knew about trace routes and how they work. I work for a local ISP provider and everyone always wants to blame the local for every slow website/feed (I won't even get into speed tests). It seems like every time I run a trace route Level 3 is the problem 90% of the time. I have nothing against their company, that's just the truth.
    I did internet radio for 17 years and Level 3 bandwidth was the cheapest, but you get what you pay for.