Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    \m/The main reason I picked Josh to win Lucas instead of JD was because I thought Josh would be a better points racer. Looks like he's got his sites set on the title. I'm sure he will still win his fair share, but it's good to see him racing smart.
    Yes, it sure is. Richards is still the man to beat until someone takes that championship title from him. It's going to be a fun season, as I've said probably 5 times already the past week lol.

I’m sorry, he finished where he started! My bad

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    Yes, it sure is. Richards is still the man to beat until someone takes that championship title from him. It's going to be a fun season, as I've said probably 5 times already the past week lol.
    I agree on both points. I have been totally jacked for this season. Back in 2016 I was saying how I really wished Josh would run Lucas so we could see just how good he was against the best for a full season. I was really disappointed when he joined the tour and JD left it. They seem to be pretty good friends, so I doubt it will turn into a bitter rivalry, but this is gonna be worth the price of admission at every track. It's gonna be some year with this roster of drivers. I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by nuff said View Post
    Still can't believe Bronson got out of the Rocket and into a Longhorn (sarcasm)
    Right, one race at a track that is pretty much his home track and it’s a done deal, the Weaver Longhorn is awesome, the XR1’s are trash.(sarcasm)
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

THE DOORMAN 4STUHLER
    And ole bloom fades again

Started 6th, was top 3, and him and Josh got together , haven’t seen the video. Do people even try to get actual facts and knowledge, or just run their jaws?
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Good for Bronson, should have won 5 nights according to qualifying and heat races. He's a good racer and congrats but XR1 is where it's at.

Quote Originally Posted by TUTY View Post
    Good for Bronson, should have won 5 nights according to qualifying and heat races. He's a good racer and congrats but XR1 is where it's at.
    Knowledge is where it's at. Doesn't matter if you have a sweet Bloomer, xr1, or Longhorn.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

If anything illustrates why a WoO driver should not be voted Driver of the Year just because they win 18 races against weak competition, this race showed it. If you have an off night on the WoO tour, you can always pull out a win. You can't do that on the Lucas tour. There are always going to be 10-12 guys that can win and that makes a big difference when it comes to win totals.

I'm not knocking Josh or B-Shep. They are both great drivers. But they got that ridiculous win total by running against a much weaker group of cars. If that wasn't the case, then Josh would have won 18 last year and B-Shep would have won 18 on Lucas.

Really glad Bronson won one. He deserved it.
    Josh came over to Lucas and won the title his first try. BShepp won a race, and is always tough.

One race does not prove anything. Do I think Lucas overall is better, sure, but not by much. They both have great drivers and the poll is a few well informed late model people voting. And I’ve pretty much always thought you couldn’t go wrong with their top 5 or so. Always very similar to what I’d put or splitting hairs.

@CnBF - I wrote a reply making my case (again), but it's silly to debate the worthiness of an opinion poll. It just sticks in my craw that....oh nevermind. I should just be happy B-Shep got the honor and leave it at that. LOL

If anything illustrates why a WoO driver should not be voted Driver of the Year just because they win 18 races against weak competition, this race showed it. If you have an off night on the WoO tour, you can always pull out a win. You can't do that on the Lucas tour. There are always going to be 10-12 guys that can win and that makes a big difference when it comes to win totals.

I'm not knocking Josh or B-Shep. They are both great drivers. But they got that ridiculous win total by running against a much weaker group of cars. If that wasn't the case, then Josh would have won 18 last year and B-Shep would have won 18 on Lucas.

Really glad Bronson won one. He deserved it.
    You'd have a point if the driver of the year (opinion poll) was only based on wins.

For years I've read on here that Josh would never be a champion if he raced the Lucas series and that theory was debunked in his very first attempt, even after starting the season without a top of the line power plant.
    Despite our natural habit of looking for alternative theories, sometimes things are just as they appear.

Quote Originally Posted by XRACER1993 View Post
    time to park the "rocket" and get the "Pierce" out of the garage !!!
    Time to run what Mark Richards and the Rocket camp run, and quit trying to reinvent the wheel and go backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Time to run what Mark Richards and the Rocket camp run, and quit trying to reinvent the wheel and go backwards.
    No joke, nothing wrong with trying same stuff you ran on different car. But after wwso and this far in speedweeks. It would be smart to change some them parts out to what lot other have on. It would help them out faster learning the right setup for Bobby and the car.