Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Volusia Dirt on dirt PPV

Anyone else think $85 for 6 nights of Volusia is a little steep...I pay $70 for the whole year on L.O.R.T.V. which included all 9 nights of Lucas Oil speedweeks plus all kinds of other shows. I have a monthly subscription to DoD already and to pay that on top of it is a little rediculous.

Just think what it would cost you to drive there and watch...actually pretty cheap for 6 nights... You ever get a ppv event through a cable co. It will cost you that for one night of entertainment..

I absolutely am not paying that for DOD. I pay 59 for LORTV and get so much more for the money. They have even added the DTWC race this year to the package. Think about that price. DOD has very inflated rates. Until their numbers come down, I'm good where I'm at. Will just watch race monitor when I'm not at the actual race.

Quote Originally Posted by highgroove View Post
    Just think what it would cost you to drive there and watch...actually pretty cheap for 6 nights... You ever get a ppv event through a cable co. It will cost you that for one night of entertainment..
    Still, though. If you have a paying member to your site that is showing loyalty then give them 30% off PPV for being a member. That would most likely get your member numbers way up. Everyone wins...DOD, racing fans, and advertisers.

I pay 6.99 for LORTV and watched 7 of 9 races. I will not pay $85 for 6 nights
    Last edited by smoothoperator32; 02-12-2018 at 09:45 AM.

How are you guys paying so little for LORTV? I just paid annual sub. Of $99?

Those of us that subscribed in the 1st year of LORTV were locked in at 59.99 as long as we keep our subscription current every year. They rewarded loyalty.

I pay 6.99 for 1 month of LORTV and watched 7 of 9 races. I will probably get the full subscription later i really liked it the announcers were great.
    Last edited by smoothoperator32; 02-12-2018 at 09:45 AM.

thanks DOD if I was there it probably cost 30 bucks a night plus beer air fair 300$ motel500$ 85$ doesn't sound that bad

I think $85 for 6 nights is a good deal. That's less than $15 a night.

IMO you get what you pay for. LOTV is a great deal, but the video quality for the live events is horrible for me. I know the quality is good for a lot of people, but it sucks for a lot of us too. That is because DoD uses a better quality provider than Lucas.

Watching a race on tv is no comparison to the actual atmosphere of being there...
    So to try to compare the price of ppv vs the price of actually going is irrelevant...
    This overpriced vs great deal conversation could go on and on and on...
    So could we just give it a rest... No use in bashing the providers...
    DOD, LORTV & etc... Offer a opportunity for those who are willing to pay...
    Opportunities that have not been available for long, so let's not ruin it by continuing to bad mouth the great opportunities we have...
    Great job to all the providers of the best racing on Earth, Dirt Track Racing...

It's going to rain at Volusia anyway...lol.

I don't really think it is "overpriced", but I won't be buying it. I am a Lucas TV subscriber, Racin Boys subscriber, DOD subscriber, going to get The Cushion this season too. Furthermore, if there is a rainout, you basically just lose your money. Happened last year at the Wild West. Pay the same whether it ends up being 4 nights or 6 nights.

I just payed 99 for a year for L oil I will miss the WoO races... I will not pay that they want and 1/2 the time WoO dont work good...... dont care what it cost to get there...or get in...

I'd love the get the races later in the week, unfortunately Dirt on Dirt didn't work on the PS4 when I bought the Gateway PPV. Lucas Oil TV works great on the PS4.

I just watched 9 nights of racing on Lucas Oil TV. For a year subscription of 59.99. Thats alot a bang 4 the buck! And if you miss a race, its up loaded the next day to watch. I really enjoy the other programs on LOTV also. I love DOD but, you get a much better deal from LOTV for being a subscriber.

Why pay when it will be streamed all over Facebook or periscope?

Man y'all need to quit bashing these dirt racing sites...they are covering a sport that we love...its just like your home town track..support them no matter what..dont bring them down..our sport that we love is already taking enough hits as it is...why would u even say something about the $89 for 6 nights of racing when if you where there you would pay at least $30 a night..i don't care if your there watching or at home watching..you get to see them...so just plze be easy on the guys that do this for us that love the sport...if you don't like the price keep it to yourself and just thank them for offering it...running a business isnt easy or cheap..Thanks and God bless you...

Quote Originally Posted by jman1086 View Post
    Anyone else think $85 for 6 nights of Volusia is a little steep...I pay $70 for the whole year on L.O.R.T.V. which included all 9 nights of Lucas Oil speedweeks plus all kinds of other shows. I have a monthly subscription to DoD already and to pay that on top of it is a little rediculous.
    You can pay 89 on the dirt vision site for all 6 nights.

Or you can buy each night 25 bucks a piece and pay 150 for the week.

It’s always been $75 to $85 for as long as I can remember. Quit bitching.

I don’t think anyone is bashing DoD or LORTV, most is just constructive criticism. Comparing the 2 isn’t fair either because LORTV has the financial backing of Forest Lucas behind it, and the affordable subscription to get buys helps All the Lucas series sell advertising and to series sponsors. It’s a tool.

Whether you’re a DOD subscriber or not (I chose to cancel after the latest hike), we all value and appreciate what they have to offer subscribers. But we all choose to spend our money how we choose.