Default Does this week prove a point???

That time trials and areo dependent cars aren't a big factor in single file train racing. Maybe poor track prep plays more of a role than people are willing to admit. A whole week of guys running high, low in the middle. 1st place cars in "Clean Air" being run down and passed. It seems East Bay found the solution to train racing. A little hard work goes a long way to putting on a good show. Great job East Bay Raceway Park!

Track configuration and prep is the only thing that matters. I've said this in debates about formats/time trials/passing points/inverts. give these guys a well prepped track that allows for different racing grooves and they will put on a show regardless of where they start.

my opinion: the number of tracks that can consistently do this is far too short. and the big two series continue to go places that they shouldn't.

sounds like the racing at east bay has been terrific. congrats to those responsible.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

and just imagine if there was no inverts

Quote Originally Posted by Hovlane View Post
    That time trials and areo dependent cars aren't a big factor in single file train racing. Maybe poor track prep plays more of a role than people are willing to admit. A whole week of guys running high, low in the middle. 1st place cars in "Clean Air" being run down and passed. It seems East Bay found the solution to train racing. A little hard work goes a long way to putting on a good show. Great job East Bay Raceway Park!
    No Eastbay is an outlier when prepped correctly because it is difficult to make the car steer well. Leader can't steer, his aero advantage is mitigated.
    Add the fact that tires last about 10 laps when you drive hard and people fall off.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 02-11-2018 at 06:51 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

East Bay put on as good of a 6 day as anywhere. Great job on the track!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    No Eastbay is an outlier when prepped correctly because it is difficult to make the car steer well. Leader can't steer, his aero advantage is mitigated.
    Add the fact that tires last about 10 laps when you drive hard and people fall off.
    ^^^^^ What MBR said ^^^^^^^^

Eastbay is NOT a typical track.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

Last nights race at Bubba raceway park proved that the folks at Eastbay are willing to, and know how to work a race track. The folks at Ocala, not so much... Its a shame that track owners/promoters in 2018 don't want to put in the work required to have a great race...

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Doc88D View Post
    Last nights race at Bubba raceway park proved that the folks at Eastbay are willing to, and know how to work a race track. The folks at Ocala, not so much... Its a shame that track owners/promoters in 2018 don't want to put in the work required to have a great race...
    Wow, one bad night and they must not care, the whole season is shot. Time to bash them on my social media... Better take a selifie with my lip pooch'd out. Must notta got what he wanted from Santa.

Did you miss the part where they reworked the track?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

If they didn’t have so many cautions and a red, it might not have locked down.

Well I was at East Bay all week and I will say that the droop rule was not in effect and I did not see one car flip over. Been with Lucas this whole tour and yet to see a car flip because it was too high in the rear!

He has a radio talk show on am 820.

I think Lucas made a bad call by going single file.

I was there and it was shaping up to be a good finish until Lucas made that decision!

There is ZERO chance of a second groove developing if you go single file!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by CageFaraday View Post
    Wow, one bad night and they must not care, the whole season is shot. Time to bash them on my social media... Better take a selifie with my lip pooch'd out. Must notta got what he wanted from Santa.
    Why the snarky comment? Are you the track prep guy at Ocala? That was his opinion. Before we hear all of your opinion, you should read the first sticky in the gossip forum. There is such a thing as disagreeing, with out being disagreeable. Thanks for making this a better place.

Wow. I must have touched a nerve...

Lightbulb

.. Its a shame that track owners/promoters in 2018 don't want to put in the work required to have a great race...
    2018 is a week and a half old, 3 tracks in... Try being happy you live in a country where you get the privilege to enjoy such things instead of expelling flatulence simply to hear the sound.

When I referred to 2018 it was meant as a moment in time. I see where you could misunderstand that... I should have stated this way. "It's a shame that in todays modern age, track owners/promoters don't want to put in the work required to have a quality multi lane race track"...

Quote Originally Posted by CageFaraday View Post
    Maybe he makes one bad post and you think his whole posting career is shot?????? hahahahaa

He didn't even say the season was shot.....