Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team 49

Default Team 49

What is the over/under in everyone's opinion, on the total number of wins this year. Meaning his entire schedule, not just Lucas. Also, how many (if any) crown jewels will be included in that number? I'm going to go with 21 wins total with 3 of those being crown jewel victories.

There were some on here that said he be lucky to win 1 race in fl or something to that effect. Not sure of the quote that was stated..
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

He'll be struggling again soon when his trickery is discovered. Some ole song and dance😂

I like JD and glad to see him win but the problem is he hasn't been dominating with the wins...they all been very close

I'm not so sure JD is trying to turn the burners on and win by half the track. He's been winning in somewhat conservative style. He either makes an early move to the front to get in clean air and coast around or he preserves his tires and waits to turn it on toward the last 1/4 of the race. I mean, he was a 1/4 car length from victory #5. He may not win 20 this year at all. I think the big picture is a Lucas Oil Championship. If 20 top 3 finishes gets him that, I'm sure 12 wins would be just fine with the team.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    There were some on here that said he be lucky to win 1 race in fl or something to that effect. Not sure of the quote that was stated..
    I didn't catch that. This team hasn't even dialed in yet. I'm sure there are going to be some struggles along the way. That being said, i would be pretty suprised if JD isn't top 3 by end of the year.

It was before lucas races started. But its all good we will wait and see how this all plays out.

I really didn't expect they would come out this strong...or even be this strong by the end of the year. What with the disappointment of last year with Barry Wright, I was cautiously optimistic and figured he get 7 points paying wins and didn't even think as far ahead as to how many he'd get in total.

I picked Richards to win the championship as well. I figured unless JD was absolutely dominating that he'd get a good chunk of wins, but didn't expect him to do well with the points racing. My opinion on that has changed as well. In his post race interviews he's been talking about conserving tires and taking a pretty conservative approach aka seems to have points in mind.

I don't want to get too overly optimistic. It's still only the 2nd week of the regular season, but certainly 10 Lucas points wins and 20 overall is looking realistic. I'd give him a 40% shot at the Lucas title and figure he'll nail down a good number of crown jewels. I have no idea how many, but he'll certainly be one of the favorites at Eldora. Sky's the limit. All that said, I think it would be crazy to expect a repeat of 2015...that's a once in a lifetime season, but a repeat of 2016 wins wise and a second Lucas title is very realistic.

I just hope he doesn't stink up the show. I was really looking forward to a close battle for the Lucas title, but if someone does stink it up it would be great if it was JD. \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Mindwalker View Post
    He'll be struggling again soon when his trickery is discovered. Some ole song and dance
    Hey phil
    Hope ur doing good as can be.

Fair post there Snake...i dont expect anyone to walk away with this points race at all. There's just too much talent in Lucas. I think JD is a much smarter driver than people give him credit. He knows what's going on during a race with conditions of the track, how the others are driving, and what needs to be done in order to secure a top 5 and/or podium finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindwalker View Post
    He'll be struggling again soon when his trickery is discovered. Some ole song and dance
    Lol, don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    I think JD is a much smarter driver than people give him credit.
    I don't think JD gets nearly enough credit for the smarts/talent he has. Of course a lot of people don't like him, so to me it's all just noise. As someone said in another thread, he has that "it" factor. I think he's improved as a driver a great deal since 2015 and when you take into account that he wasn't always a dirt guy and wasn't in a Late Model when he was 17, it's reasonable to believe that he's still learning and improving.

Fair post there Snake...i dont expect anyone to walk away with this points race at all. There's just too much talent in Lucas. I think JD is a much smarter driver than people give him credit. He knows what's going on during a race with conditions of the track, how the others are driving, and what needs to be done in order to secure a top 5 and/or podium finish.
    Tjats what landers wants him to do for the most part. Win races and be smart about it. Let the race come to you.

Lol, don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen
    Was wondering when you'd put that under the right post 

Hes gonna have 10 wins in Lucas easy..the question is how he does when he doesnt have the winning car, as far as trickery I dont know but what I do know is his car gets jacked on that lr more than anyone elses and when he gets off the throttle for a caution or the checkered it does not come down lol...

Yeah it don’t come down after the race either. Better get on that before somebody notices.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Buckeye SLM; 02-13-2018 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    OK, I'll say he wins 3.
    8/13/16

Looks like someone already noticed....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Slinging View Post
    I like JD and glad to see him win but the problem is he hasn't been dominating with the wins...they all been very close
    No but he's raced a lot smarter. The finale at Eastbay is a great example, he didn't win but while guys were going for the win in the first 25 laps, he just let them burn their tires up and go right around him. It takes a lot of patience to be able to do that, when it was go time, he made his way back up to second and another lap probably would have won. They will win a lot of races this year.

[QUOTE=Snake X3;2167090]Looks like someone already noticed....[/QUOTE

Early leader for best Photoshop of the season.. That's too (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) funny Snake!
    I don't always post on 4m.. But when I do, I'm usually sitting on the crapper!!