Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Team 49

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    I'm not so sure JD is trying to turn the burners on and win by half the track. He's been winning in somewhat conservative style. He either makes an early move to the front to get in clean air and coast around or he preserves his tires and waits to turn it on toward the last 1/4 of the race. I mean, he was a 1/4 car length from victory #5. He may not win 20 this year at all. I think the big picture is a Lucas Oil Championship. If 20 top 3 finishes gets him that, I'm sure 12 wins would be just fine with the team.
    He's come into his own. He doesn't have to prove himself, he's seasoned, mature and confident. A few hiccups at GIS cost him a couple of wins, but its still very early in the season. Arguably this might be the most potent situation he's ever been in, aside from his time at CBR. The problem at CBR was I don't think he was in sync with his crew chief and was feeling the pressure to prove himself. This time around, its a proven product only with more resources at their disposal, in line with BEST or MRR, so it would seem 2018 will be a "Clash of the Titans".

JR is returning with BEST to defend his title and already looking to be up to the challenge. Bloomquist is in good shape too, in that he showed up on time every night, he's not suffering from any injuries and no protege' to distract from his focus. Although he does have a considerable point deficit to recover, but that's not that unusual for him after East Bay. Tmac, is puzzeling but again, East Bay isn't typical to what they'll see on the tour week in and week out. I think with this much competition in very good shape, that wins will be tougher to come by.

5 to 8 wins on the tour,
    1 or 2 Crown Jewels and
    4 or 5 unsanctioned specials.
    So 10 - 15 total victories in 2018.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    Looks like someone already noticed....
    Too funny Snake!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

[QUOTE=Mudweiser;2167114]
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    Looks like someone already noticed....[/QUOTE

Early leader for best Photoshop of the season.. That's too (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) funny Snake!
    Thanks. Feel free to share it with other people that have a sense of humor. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Too funny Snake!
    Thanks. I wanted to try to make the spoiler pop thru the roof of the weigh station, but after about 10 minutes I got bored.

Quote Originally Posted by CageFaraday View Post
    He's come into his own. He doesn't have to prove himself, he's seasoned, mature and confident. A few hiccups at GIS cost him a couple of wins, but its still very early in the season. Arguably this might be the most potent situation he's ever been in, aside from his time at CBR. The problem at CBR was I don't think he was in sync with his crew chief and was feeling the pressure to prove himself. This time around, its a proven product only with more resources at their disposal, in line with BEST or MRR, so it would seem 2018 will be a "Clash of the Titans". JR is returning with BEST to defend his title and already looking to be up to the challenge. Bloomquist is in good shape too, in that he showed up on time every night, he's not suffering from any injuries and no protege' to distract from his focus. Although he does have a considerable point deficit to recover, but that's not that unusual for him after East Bay. Tmac, is puzzeling but again, East Bay isn't typical to what they'll see on the tour week in and week out. I think with this much competition in very good shape, that wins will be tougher to come by. 5 to 8 wins on the tour, 1 or 2 Crown Jewels and 4 or 5 unsanctioned specials. So 10 - 15 total victories in 2018.
    Good post...you could be right about the victories. I may be on the high end. We'll see how it all plays out.

[QUOTE=Snake X3;2167123]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudweiser View Post
    Thanks. Feel free to share it with other people that have a sense of humor. LOL
    I got a good laugh out of that too.